News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

1/40 Yangchuanosaurus

Started by dinonikes, March 20, 2012, 08:06:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dinonikes

Here are a few photos of the armature- this figure measures just under 8 inches in length-

dinonikes

Here are a few photos of the roughed in clay-

Blade-of-the-Moon

Really like the active pose on this one !

Takama

QuoteEither making its territory, of turning on a dime after prey

Lio99

Looks like its running after prey.

Takama

Any word on this Yet?

Iv been anticipateing this

dinonikes

Blade-of-the-Moon

Awesome.  Yangchuano's are close enough to Allos for me to like em'..lol

dinonikes

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on November 15, 2012, 02:26:13 AM
Awesome.  Yangchuano's are close enough to Allos for me to like em'..lol

I like em too- I saw the drawing of the head of it in G. Paul's Predatory etc. etc. book back in late 80's and immediately sculpted a life size half head wall hanging which I then sent a cast to him ( Rush had suggested I should send one to Paul and gave me his address) I still have t he letter he sent me back critiquing the head as an allosaurus head, which made me sort of confused. He was very nice and gave me a lot of advice about being a Paleoartist (which I didnt consider myself t hen or now for that matter). He also sent me a Christmas card (which I also atill have)that was one of his drawings printed up as a card that he sent out. So Yangchuanosaurus has had that association for me since way back in '88, and it is like Dilophosaurus and T. rex a reminder of my days at Rush.

Blade-of-the-Moon

I honestly haven't looked very well at a skeleton of a Yangchuano. But the art I've seen of them look a LOT like an Allosaurus.  It was quite new back then I think..maybe it was so close even Paul that it was one. heh

It's great you have such awesome pieces to attach memories or even inspiration to. I have some similar ones that really help me continue on sometimes. Helps me to realize " these guys didn't give up either . " And seeing what they have all done give me something to aspire to. :)

Jetoar

cool very cool. I would like to see finished it.
[Off Nick and Eddie's reactions to the dinosaurs] Oh yeah "Ooh, aah", that's how it always starts. But then there's running and screaming.

{about the T-Rex) When he sees us with his kid isn't he gonna be like "you"!?

My website: Paleo-Creatures
My website's facebook: Paleo-Creatures

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Jetoar on November 15, 2012, 10:16:19 AM
cool very cool. I would like to see finished it.

Ordering more of the current pieces will certainly help get it done.  :)

Takama

I simply love the pose on this, It is one of the ones that i have been Eyeing for so long.

Please keep the mouth open

Support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these links are affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.