News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

Prototypes auctions (links)

Started by biniou24, February 28, 2013, 03:33:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

biniou24

"DINO-RIDERS - STEGOSAURUS" PROTOTYPE LOT
http://www.hakes.com/item.asp?Auction=208&ItemNo=121015
Too bad I don't live in the US.  :(

"DINO-RIDERS" TOY SCHEMATICS/BLUEPRINTS LOT WITH ORIGINAL ART AND UNPRODUCED DESIGNS.
http://www.hakes.com/item.asp?Auction=208&ItemNo=118954

"DINO-RIDERS" PROMOTIONAL LOT.
http://www.hakes.com/item.asp?Auction=208&ItemNo=118955

Blade-of-the-Moon

I knew there had to be plans for a parasaurolophus ..it's just too iconic to not be thought of.   The iguanodon is a cool one too..the pose reminds me of the carnegie/safari figure.

That Stego prototype is awesome ! I would have loved if they had that one..I guess it would have been like the Kentrosaurus and not motorized though..but so accurate looking for the time..better than the Jurassic Park figures and earlier as well.

biniou24

I agree with you.
The seller says it is smaller than the commercial one we know.

We can suppose that at first it was planned to be the same toy as edmontonia and kentrosaurus, and they changed their mind to make a bigger and motorized one.

Seijun

My living room smells like old plastic dinosaur toys... Better than air freshener!

biniou24

The one on the right is awesome. It looks like a manga...

Blade-of-the-Moon

I believe that's the comic that came with the toys in Japan.

Jetoar

Awesome Stegosaurus. Definetly one of the best figures of Stegosaurus of 90s
[Off Nick and Eddie's reactions to the dinosaurs] Oh yeah "Ooh, aah", that's how it always starts. But then there's running and screaming.

{about the T-Rex) When he sees us with his kid isn't he gonna be like "you"!?

My website: Paleo-Creatures
My website's facebook: Paleo-Creatures

biniou24

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on February 28, 2013, 10:16:39 PM
It seems that you are right, I've got a japanese box (styracosaurus, sealed) and I can see the cover of a small manga with the T-rex and the boy in blue.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: biniou24 on March 01, 2013, 01:26:58 PM
Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on February 28, 2013, 10:16:39 PM
It seems that you are right, I've got a japanese box (styracosaurus, sealed) and I can see the cover of a small manga with the T-rex and the boy in blue.

I'm not sure if the interior is different than what we got or it's just the cover though..can't recall seeing interiors..I don't think. Been awhile since I was full-bore, gung-ho Dino-Riders. lol

biniou24

Blade-of-the-Moon

The ultimate collectors I guess . heh

With that much cash maybe these guys have intentions on molding and releasing some ?  You never know.  lol

I'm surprised no one ever considered doing the same for some of the unreleased JP pieces.

biniou24

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on March 25, 2013, 03:41:08 PMI'm surprised no one ever considered doing the same for some of the unreleased JP pieces.
Maybe they don't want to go to court.  ;D

dinoridersworld.com

I was actually the winning bidder on two of the three auctions, specifically:

"DINO-RIDERS - STEGOSAURUS" PROTOTYPE LOT
http://www.hakes.com/item.asp?Auction=208&ItemNo=121015

"DINO-RIDERS" PROMOTIONAL LOT.
http://www.hakes.com/item.asp?Auction=208&ItemNo=118955

I had bid on the Brontosaurus prototype armor that was auctioned off a few months ago and I got into (and lost) a huge bidding war.  I wasn't going to lose the Stegosaurus prototype without a fight and this time I won.  On the promotional lot, I agree that these things went for a lot more than expected and are probably over priced but I can say that the promotional binder is really cool (I actually had one of these but it was incomplete).  It has a ton of pictures and info.  The animation cell and Manga pictures were also big selling points for me. 

As for the schematics in the other auction, I put in a decent bid but just couldn't get over the price point and so decided to let that one go.

And sorry to disappoint, but I don't have any intention of releasing any toys based on schematics!  Not my area of expertise - I'm just a fan like you guys.  At any rate, it may be that everyone is a winner at my expense since I will take more pictures and upload to the website for all to enjoy.

Stay tuned . . .

P.S. - as to the question of whether the body of the Japanese comic book is different than the normal U.S. comic books, the answer is yes.  It is completely different.  You can see a PDF version here:

http://www.dinoridersworld.com/publications-catalogsandadvertisements.html

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: biniou24 on March 25, 2013, 06:52:53 PM
Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on March 25, 2013, 03:41:08 PMI'm surprised no one ever considered doing the same for some of the unreleased JP pieces.
Maybe they don't want to go to court.  ;D

Could be..not sure it would matter at this point since Kenner who created them is gone and Hasbro I don't think has ever mentioned owning the ones I'm referring to. 

Nice that someone who can share pics got those items, congrats !

biniou24

Oh, great, many thanks dinoridersworld.
I'm curious to see the prototype side by side with the released stegosaurus, for a size comparison. =)

Support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these links are affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.