News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

Dinosaur Toy Forum Diorama Contest 2013

Started by DinoToyForum, April 29, 2013, 11:02:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gwangi

I have ideas, just have not executed them yet! I swear I'll get them in within a couple days...maybe three.

Zhuchengotyrant

When I wake up, I look at my calendar. Suspense is killing me!!! :-[
{:O
-Zhuchengotyrant

DinoToyForum

It will take me a little while to collate the entries and set up the poll once the deadline passes, so don't hold your breath! Also, I'll be sorting out the ATF contest in parallel!

Brontozaurus

I didn't think I would enter this year but I got a good idea today!
"Uww wuhuhuhuh HAH HAWR HA HAWR."
-Ian Malcolm

My collection! UPDATED 21.03.2020: Dungeons & Dinosaurs!

Blade-of-the-Moon

I've had a fun idea sitting right here in front of me but just no time really to make it work..maybe I'll enter next year..give me some time to think it over more. :)

CityRaptor

Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

DinoToyForum

Just to say I've received an influx of contest entries into my inbox over the last few days, that I haven't had a chance to respond to yet  (I'm at a palaeontology conference at the moment). However I'll send out individual confirmation emails when I return at the weekend. :)

Gwangi

Quote from: dinotoyforum on August 29, 2013, 11:04:42 PM
Just to say I've received an influx of contest entries into my inbox over the last few days, that I haven't had a chance to respond to yet  (I'm at a palaeontology conference at the moment). However I'll send out individual confirmation emails when I return at the weekend. :)

Sorry about that!  :-[

DinoToyForum

It's fine, I just didn't want anyone to worry if they don't hear back from me immediately :)

Ikessauro

I just sent mine! Good luck everyone, I'm excited to be part of this contest again, very curious to see what you all came up with.

Blade-of-the-Moon

I'm rather excited myself to see what everyone has come up with this year..it's hard not showing something you have done too.. ;)

CityRaptor

For me it also means not showing my latest purchase, since it would be too easy to make the connection. 

Quote from: Ikessauro on August 30, 2013, 04:58:54 PM
I just sent mine! Good luck everyone, I'm excited to be part of this contest again, very curious to see what you all came up with.

Isn't it too late? Thought it would be August 30th 0:00 GMT, which means during the Night between Augst 29th and August 30th.
Oh no

Ikessauro

Quote from: CityRaptor on August 30, 2013, 06:07:26 PM
For me it also means not showing my latest purchase, since it would be too easy to make the connection. 

Quote from: Ikessauro on August 30, 2013, 04:58:54 PM

Isn't it too late? Thought it would be August 30th 0:00 GMT, which means during the Night between Augst 29th and August 30th.

I think that 00:00 August 30th would be today at midnight. Anyway, this timezone stuff confuses me. I really hope my entry is valid, or I would be really sad. I put a lot of effort into it and being left out of the contest because I misunderstood the deadline would certainly be the worst thing. I hope my entry is valid. :-\

amargasaurus cazaui

Eh well I am sending mine in now. If it is rejected based on the time I will just have to accept it. I really thought it would mean midnight today as well.
Authors with varying competence have suggested dinosaurs disappeared because of meteorites...God's will, raids by little green hunters in flying saucers, lack of standing room in Noah's Ark, and palaeoweltschmerz—Glenn Jepsen

Mighty King

hello, do you know when will we know the winners?

Zhuchengotyrant

Well, we Will probably vote for 20 days, so my estimate is in 23 days :)
-Zhuchengotyrant

fleshanthos

Hell, what is the Paleontology conference about? Start a thread and report what you find!
People Who Don't Want Their Beliefs Laughed at Shouldn't Have Laughable Beliefs

Zhuchengotyrant

-Zhuchengotyrant

Neven Florian

When do the polls will be open for the pictures of the diorama contest 2013 ( Dino)?

CityRaptor

Quote from: fleshanthos on September 01, 2013, 02:48:26 AM
Hell, what is the Paleontology conference about? Start a thread and report what you find!

Exactly!
Oh no

Support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these links are affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.