News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

New on Ebay

Started by Ikessauro, March 13, 2012, 03:02:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Takama

Lio99

postsaurischian

Himmapaan

The complete set of twenty Colorata boxes. Mouthwatering.

If the number of the entire range of boxes is correct, that means I'm only missing two. :o

Tylosaurus

It's a lot of money, but as we are collectors even that can be seen blindly xD Sometimes it's all about the items and not the money it's how I used to collect in the old days. It's a beautiful set for true!
Which two would you be missing Himmapaan if you had all those?

postsaurischian

Quote from: Himmapaan on March 23, 2012, 04:03:44 PM

If the number of the entire range of boxes is correct, that means I'm only missing two. :o

The correct number of the entire range would be 29 (to be strict).

ig88droid is not listing the following:

- original Dino Box (retired)
- River Life Box (retired)
- Zoo Animals Box (retired)
- original Fossil Fish box (retired, one figure missing in the new set)
- original Sea Turtles Box (retired)
- original Frogs Boxes 1 & 2 (retired - the new box has all the figures of the two)
- Raptors Box
- Bears & Dogs Box

The picture he offers is not in conformity with what he's listing in the text.

brontodocus

You have eighteen Colorata boxes, Niroot? :o And never showed any of them? I guess the time is now! ;D And I thought my fourteen thirteen boxes were many... :'( Okay, since I don't feel my pulse anymore it doesn't matter anymore, the Bears & Dogs and Raptors boxes are apparently retired, too, try to click on them when you look at the Colorata site. :-\ Oh, and unfortunately we don't know which versions of the Sea Turtle and Fossil Fish boxes are included in the lot. Eighteen Colorata boxes. Eighteen. I can't believe it. Eighteen... :'( Eighteen...  :))

EDIT: Ah, okay, as Helge indicated, most likely the newer versions of the Sea Turtles and Fossil Fish boxes are included...
EDIT (again): I have thirteen, not fourteen. Gosh, I've forgotten how to count! I hate it when that happens... :( ;D

Oh Lord, won't you buy me a T-rex by Krentz? My friends all have Sideshow, I must make amends.

Himmapaan

Ah, I knew there had to be more than twenty!

I don't have any of the retired boxes, sadly. Other than those, I'm unsure which of the newer ones I'm missing. It's a little confusing.  :-[

Dr. Andre, I'm astonished that I have more of them than you do.  :o I'd never have believed that possible.

brontodocus

Oh, my consciousness seems to come back again, at least slowly... ;D No, honestly I'd really love to see them! :) I remember you mentioned the River Life set - was it in the Marine Life thread on the old boards, perhaps a year or so ago? I'd still love to see photos of it taken by you.

Oh Lord, won't you buy me a T-rex by Krentz? My friends all have Sideshow, I must make amends.

Himmapaan

I shall try; by slow and gradual degrees.  ;D

SBell

Quote from: postsaurischian on March 23, 2012, 04:47:40 PM
Quote from: Himmapaan on March 23, 2012, 04:03:44 PM

The correct number of the entire range would be 29 (to be strict).

ig88droid is not listing the following:

- original Dino Box (retired)
- River Life Box (retired)
- Zoo Animals Box (retired)
- original Fossil Fish box (retired, one figure missing in the new set)
- original Sea Turtles Box (retired)
- original Frogs Boxes 1 & 2 (retired - the new box has all the figures of the two)
- Raptors Box
- Bears & Dogs Box

The picture he offers is not in conformity with what he's listing in the text.

There were originally 2 Sea turtles boxes (I have one). Each one included 4 adults and their young.

And the picture he is using is form the Colorata website, so you can blame them (also, they really have apparently discontinued the Bears/Dogs and Raptors. I would hazard the guess that they will be replaced soon enough--the birds one especially has been around for some time now.

And doing a quick count, I think I have 15 Colorata sets--plus a few stragglers from the Zoo, Cats, Tropical Frogs and Reptiles sets.

Dino 1, 2, 3, Original, Fossil Fish new & old, Saltwater fish, Deep Sea Fish, Coral Reef, Stag Beetles, River life original, DX Sharks, Sharks, Sea Turtles I original and Wild Animals Vol. 1.  So yeah, 15 plus a few extras.

brontodocus

I really hope they will be re-released, eventually. :) As long as they don't drop one of their existing figures like they did with the Fossil Fish box. Of course the new gar and Polypterus are cool figures but I wouldn't want to miss the Giant Mekong Catfish. At least I hope the Maned Wolf would still be part of a new release.

SBell

Quote from: brontodocus on March 24, 2012, 12:30:38 AM
I really hope they will be re-released, eventually. :) As long as they don't drop one of their existing figures like they did with the Fossil Fish box. Of course the new gar and Polypterus are cool figures but I wouldn't want to miss the Giant Mekong Catfish. At least I hope the Maned Wolf would still be part of a new release.
Except the ctfish is not a fossil fissh by any stretch of the imagination.  The other two are far more appropriate to the theme.

ZoPteryx

shadowarceus

Well Boys, I can get you someof the retired ones. Currently I have for sure:

- Bears & Dogs Box
- River Life Box

Asking my providers for the turtles Vol 1 and 2. If some one is interested, you can pm me :D

cube5

I guess someone might be interested in this, too bad I can't afford one.

Papo 2005 retired velociraptor (New with tag)

brontodocus

Quote from: SBell on March 24, 2012, 02:22:45 AM
Except the ctfish is not a fossil fissh by any stretch of the imagination.  The other two are far more appropriate to the theme.
True, but I never saw the "Fossil Fish" Box for what it apparently was supposed to be, a box of living fossils. The Giant Mekong Catfish is still one of my favourite figures from the box, weird looking, one of the largest freshwater fish, and (sadly) at the edge of extinction.

arominger

is there a Gompotherium by Bullyland on Ebay? I could not find one.

stoneage

Quote from: arominger on March 25, 2012, 10:46:57 PM
is there a Gompotherium by Bullyland on Ebay? I could not find one.

The word is that Bullyland is going to re-release all their mammals again.  It might be cheaper to wait and buy it then.

DinoToyForum

Support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these links are affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.