News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

1/40 Acrocanthosaurus Version 2

Started by dinonikes, March 22, 2012, 08:26:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dinonikes

Here are some photos of the armature for a second version of 1/40 Acrocanthosurus- the mold was damaged for the first version, so I figured I would just retire that version and make a newer updated version- this one measures 12 inches in length- its going to be in the same pose as the other version

Lio99

I think this will be the better one.

Takama

darn, so you do retire items, oh well

Blade-of-the-Moon

Would the tail really bend like that though ?  This is something I meant to bring up for the  first piece but by the time I thought of it you had gone so far it wasn't worth mentioning really.

I think keeping it mostly straight with maybe a slight flick to the tip would be ok.

dinonikes

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on March 23, 2012, 01:30:42 AM
Would the tail really bend like that though ?  This is something I meant to bring up for the  first piece but by the time I thought of it you had gone so far it wasn't worth mentioning really.

I think keeping it mostly straight with maybe a slight flick to the tip would be ok.

I dont see why it wouldnt be able to bend around- it doesnt have the same tail with stiffeners like a dromaesaur- it isnt too much of an angle from the hips I would imagine they would be able to move like a lizards tail

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: dinonikes on March 23, 2012, 02:33:07 AM
Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on March 23, 2012, 01:30:42 AM

I dont see why it wouldnt be able to bend around- it doesnt have the same tail with stiffeners like a dromaesaur- it isnt too much of an angle from the hips I would imagine they would be able to move like a lizards tail

I think it has maybe one bend too many for the pose ?  I'm not sure it would be as flexible as say a sauropod's.  Maybe some one else can explain it better ..it could be more of a pose issue than a plausibility issue I suppose.

dinonikes

Here is rough in clay-

Blade-of-the-Moon

Looking better than the old one already. :)

dutchdinolover

Tylosaurus

This is going to be another great model dinonikes :)

robustus_

I like this model a lot more than the first version. Not to say the first was bad, of course. I would have bought it if you hadn't retired it!

Support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these links are affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.