News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

CollectA - new for 2014

Started by Everything_Dinosaur, July 12, 2013, 07:45:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Everything_Dinosaur

We will update this post with images of new figures, as they are announced - admin  C:-)

First model cleared and ready to go into production in 2014 - the 1:40 scale Carcharodontosaurus.  We had received a lot of requests for this one, and through feedback and such like the model has been put on the starting blocks ready for production next year.

To see image of the model: https://www.facebook.com/EverythingDinosaur

Its on the Everything Dinosaur Facebook page, comments most welcome, (you can give us a "like" to that would be appreciated).

Concavenator

Woooooooooooow!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am SOOOOOOOOOO excited!GREAT I AM IN THE SKY!!!!
Thanks posting,thanks So much.Please would you know when are the rest of pictures available?Just can't wait

Concavenator

Great to see CollectA is beginning to announce their figures.After the great level of quality CollectA have put on 2013 figures,2014 is I think,shaping up to be even better!Love the Carcharodontosaurus.Always great to see more carcharodontosaurids!

Blade-of-the-Moon

Looks nice , hopefully it will stay like this and not change like last years Mapusaurus. I was really excited about it til they decided to alter it.

Roselaar

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on July 12, 2013, 08:29:45 AM
Looks nice , hopefully it will stay like this and not change like last years Mapusaurus. I was really excited about it til they decided to alter it.

My thoughts exactly. I was NOT amused by the final Mapusaurus model.  >:(

This Carcharodontosaurus looks pretty neat. Collecta is off to a good start for 2014 it seems. If I remember correctly their prehistoric output next year will be back on previous levels compared to the low number of new models in 2013? I surely hope so!  ^-^

Concavenator

Quote from: Roselaar on July 12, 2013, 11:25:16 AM
Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on July 12, 2013, 08:29:45 AM

My thoughts exactly. I was NOT amused by the final Mapusaurus model.  >:(

This Carcharodontosaurus looks pretty neat. Collecta is off to a good start for 2014 it seems. If I remember correctly their prehistoric output next year will be back on previous levels compared to the low number of new models in 2013? I surely hope so!  ^-^

Yes,it looks quite nice,and BIG.At last more diversity for the Carcharodontosauridae family! :)2013's CollectA's catalog said this coming year would be normal in terms of quantity,but,OMG,in terms of quality is a great beginning.Really really nice  :o!Congratulations,CollectA!

Gwangi

Looks nice in that picture but it seems few of the finished products end up looking as good as their picture, I won't hold my breath.

Turret

A 1:40 Carcharodontosaurus is most welcome, I've been wanting one for some time now. I do hope it won't get the Mapusaurus treatment.
Any news on new dead dinosaurs?

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Gwangi on July 12, 2013, 02:25:52 PM
Looks nice in that picture but it seems few of the finished products end up looking as good as their picture, I won't hold my breath.

That does happen..of course sometimes a photo doesn't do a piece justice either. I wasn't impressed with the new deluxe Para at all til I saw it from angles with more detailed shots..it's actually a nice figure but with poor paint apps. Some washes would really make it live I think.

So let me get my brain in gear here..1:40 is CollectA's Deluxe size correct ? That should make this a pretty large figure overall.

Concavenator

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on July 12, 2013, 04:57:33 PM
Quote from: Gwangi on July 12, 2013, 02:25:52 PM

That does happen..of course sometimes a photo doesn't do a piece justice either. I wasn't impressed with the new deluxe Para at all til I saw it from angles with more detailed shots..it's actually a nice figure but with poor paint apps. Some washes would really make it live I think.

So let me get my brain in gear here..1:40 is CollectA's Deluxe size correct ? That should make this a pretty large figure overall.
Don't forget is a Carcharodontosaurus  ;)It should be big,and the photo lets me think it's large

Gwangi

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on July 12, 2013, 04:57:33 PM

Yeah, that can happen too. I was also not impressed with that new Para and having not seen it in person my opinion of it has yet to change.

Patrx

Say, that's not too bad! I happen to prefer my theropods feathery, but aside from that, it looks nice. No obvious proportion/morphology issues, which CollectA seem to run into frequently.

Takama

Holy Crap!  :o :o   That's amazing.    Step aside Geoworld, I'm back at Collect

don't know if this is Relevent. But i remember sending a suggestion to collectA about making both a Carcahrodontosaurus and a Giganotosaurus, The Former was to be Standard, and the Latter was to be Deluxe..    I wondered if the listened but decided to do things differently

Everything_Dinosaur

We pass on all the comments and feedback that we receive.  We are very close to Collecta and as such we are in a position whereby such suggestions, ideas and new model proposals can be forwarded. Collecta talk to us a lot and we are happy to pass on the views of knowledgeable and enthusiastic collectors, we have had a lot of requests for Carcharodontids and the likes of Giganotosaurus your views and the views of other collectors and enthusiasts are most welcome.

tyrantqueen

The Carcharodontosaurus looks very nice. I really like the colours too.

I just hope this guy is a decent size- a little smaller than the Carnegie Giga would be good.

Takama

I also Hope he stands better then the Deinechirus.

BTW  Are we to expect More anocementts in the near future?

DinoToyForum

Looks good, thanks for sharing! I edited the first post to include the image there too  C:-) Hopefully we can add more images to the first post as other figures are announced. :)

We usually have a single thread for annual new releases, but I don't mind splitting the topic up into separate lines for 2014.

Seijun

Nice! Collecta is getting better. Not a fan of the colors though, and the area around the pubis bone looks oddly exaggerated to me (I've noticed this on their other bipeds as well). Maybe just personal preference, but I prefer my biped dinosaurs too look less pregnant..
My living room smells like old plastic dinosaur toys... Better than air freshener!

Takama

I think this is a bigger pic

tyrantqueen

It's pixellated. Looks better at normal size.

Support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these links are affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.