Author Topic: CollectA - new for 2014  (Read 117049 times)

KeU

• View Profile
  • Dinosaur: Giganotosaurus
Re: 2014 Figures (Collecta)
« Reply #20 on: July 13, 2013, 01:27:09 AM »
So it's confirmed at 1:40? CollectA like to pull fast ones on us.
Especially disappointed with the Mapusaurus...
Not gonna put my hopes too high.

Takama

• Reviewer
  • Ultimate survivor
    • View Profile
  • Dinosaur: Dilophosaurus
  • v.1 status and posts: Full Member.
« Reply #21 on: July 13, 2013, 02:09:42 AM »
Let's all tell everything dinosaur that the carcahrodontosur is good the way it is.   Since they have ties with collecta
A true Dinosaur fan loves dinosaurs for what they are, not what he/she wants them to be.

Cheesy Movie Productions/Primeval12

• Dinosaurs and prog rock, that's basically my life!
    • View Profile
    • my youtube channel
  • Dinosaur: Spinosaurus
« Reply #22 on: July 13, 2013, 02:19:03 AM »
Wow :D it's so amazing

John

• Cambrian survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 13, 2013, 03:05:19 AM »

I think this must be the earliest I have ever seen a preview for upcoming releases. :)

« Last Edit: July 13, 2013, 03:20:43 AM by John »
Don't you hate it when you legitimately compliment someone's mustache and she gets angry with you?

Balaur

• Permian survivor
  • Sauopods are dinosaurs
    • View Profile
  • Dinosaur: Apatosaurus ajax
« Reply #24 on: July 13, 2013, 04:08:04 AM »
Say, that's not too bad! I happen to prefer my theropods feathery, but aside from that, it looks nice. No obvious proportion/morphology issues, which CollectA seem to run into frequently.

Yeah, it is very proportionally accurate. And I do prefer feathery theropods. I'm actually starting to dislike the reptilian(scaly, spiky) theropods. (I'm weird, I know)

Everything_Dinosaur

• View Profile
    • Everything Dinosaur
« Reply #25 on: July 13, 2013, 08:35:58 AM »
Based on the prototype sample figure the model measures approximately 32cm in length with a hip height of around 9cm.

Jetoar

• Jurassic survivor
  • Prehistoric life is the best ^^.
    • View Profile
    • Paleo-Creatures
  • Dinosaur: Torvosaurus
« Reply #26 on: July 13, 2013, 01:39:48 PM »
The new figure is amazing. I hope that they dont change anything of this figure  ^-^.
[Off Nick and Eddie's reactions to the dinosaurs] Oh yeah "Ooh, aah", that's how it always starts. But then there's running and screaming.

{about the T-Rex) When he sees us with his kid isn't he gonna be like "you"!?

My website: Paleo-Creatures
My website's facebook: Paleo-Creatures

Concavenator

• Permian survivor
  • Just a hump-backed carcharodontosaurid from Spain.
    • View Profile
  • Dinosaur: Allosaurus
« Reply #27 on: July 13, 2013, 06:58:22 PM »
The new figure is amazing. I hope that they dont change anything of this figure  ^-^.
Yes,I pray they  don't change anything on the figure.Amazing model :o
Really can't wait to see the other CollectA figures for 2014

Jetoar

• Jurassic survivor
  • Prehistoric life is the best ^^.
    • View Profile
    • Paleo-Creatures
  • Dinosaur: Torvosaurus
« Reply #28 on: July 14, 2013, 01:03:51 AM »
Yes,I pray they  don't change anything on the figure.Amazing model :o
Really can't wait to see the other CollectA figures for 2014

I think the same that you andalusian friend  ^-^.
[Off Nick and Eddie's reactions to the dinosaurs] Oh yeah "Ooh, aah", that's how it always starts. But then there's running and screaming.

{about the T-Rex) When he sees us with his kid isn't he gonna be like "you"!?

My website: Paleo-Creatures
My website's facebook: Paleo-Creatures

Concavenator

• Permian survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 14, 2013, 11:50:13 AM »
Hey,just because the Mapusaurus was altered it doesn't mean that Carcharodontosaurus can be altered,I think.CollectA changed it because of the accuracy(I still prefer the 1st version).However,this 2014 Carcharodontosaurus is perfect.There aren't any altered Deluxe CollectA.And if you refer to carcharodontosaurids,CollectA have released Concavenator,and Neovenator,which aren't altered.Awesome model!
« Last Edit: July 14, 2013, 05:50:59 PM by Juan Andrés »

Blade-of-the-Moon

• Global Moderator
  • Old fossil member
    • View Profile
    • My Gallery on Deviant Art
  • v.1 status and posts: Ultimate Member , 5,209 posts , Joined Jul 2008
« Reply #30 on: July 15, 2013, 02:07:57 AM »
Hey,just because the Mapusaurus was altered it doesn't mean that Carcharodontosaurus can be altered,I think.CollectA changed it because of the accuracy(I still prefer the 1st version).However,this 2014 Carcharodontosaurus is perfect.There aren't any altered Deluxe CollectA.And if you refer to carcharodontosaurids,CollectA have released Concavenator,and Neovenator,which aren't altered.Awesome model!

It's more now that they have done it once they might do it again. The changes really turned me off the Mapu and I had planned to buy it when I first saw it.  So there is some understandable trepidation I think.

Takama

• Reviewer
  • Ultimate survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 15, 2013, 02:25:30 AM »
Guys.  If we are all really worried about collectA altering the product, then we should all speak with everything dinosaur Or Dans Dinosaurs, as they have close ties with the companey.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2013, 06:04:25 AM by Takama »
A true Dinosaur fan loves dinosaurs for what they are, not what he/she wants them to be.

Blade-of-the-Moon

• Global Moderator
  • Old fossil member
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 15, 2013, 04:41:58 AM »
Guys.  If we are all really worried about collectA altering the product, then we should all speak with everything dinosaur, as they have close ties with the companey.

I think ED, being a member of this forum can see our plight and would , more than likely , pass it on to CollectA.

Bokisaurus

• Global Moderator
  • Devonian survivor
    • View Profile
  • Dinosaur: Amargasaurus
« Reply #33 on: July 15, 2013, 06:25:35 AM »

I think this must be the earliest I have ever seen a preview for upcoming releases. :)

Awesome new figure! REally loving the design and colors on this one, it's one of the most striking and interesting in a long time. Yes, and it's 1:40 too! ;D
Great that they are releasing some photos of their 2014 lineup already, I hear more will be released later this week  :)

Takama

• Reviewer
  • Ultimate survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 15, 2013, 06:30:08 AM »

Awesome new figure! REally loving the design and colors on this one, it's one of the most striking and interesting in a long time. Yes, and it's 1:40 too! ;D
Great that they are releasing some photos of their 2014 lineup already, I hear more will be released later this week  :)

OH GOODY GOODY GOODY I CANT WAIT!

Blade-of-the-Moon

• Global Moderator
  • Old fossil member
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 15, 2013, 06:58:23 AM »
Would be great if they released a piece like this in their super deluxe size..but I'm hoping we get a sauropod  next for that. ;)

Concavenator

• Permian survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 15, 2013, 07:07:02 AM »
I really love this spectacular model.I think CollectA won't alter it ,but I'm worried it could be changed,and lose this amazing model.We can send CollectA,Everything Dinosaur or Dan's Dinosaurs a request praying for it to don't be changed.If you guys feel the same that me or are "worried",feel free to make a request to CollectA about our preoccupation.
And it is very exciting to see that maybe this week,we can see more 2014 CollectA news is quite exciting.JUST CANNOT WAIT!!! ::)
« Last Edit: July 15, 2013, 07:40:40 AM by Juan Andrés »

Takama

• Reviewer
  • Ultimate survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 15, 2013, 07:14:46 AM »
Would be great if they released a piece like this in their super deluxe size..but I'm hoping we get a sauropod  next for that. ;)

I dont evean have the Trike yet, And dont evean know if i can make the room for three big ones.

I hope they make another large Saouropod for there Standerd sized line, I love the size of this years dippy

Concavenator

• Permian survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 15, 2013, 08:14:54 AM »
What about sending CollectA / Everything Dinosaur/Dan's Dinosaurs a request about our preoccupation about the Carcharodontosaurus?If we guys love the figure and don't want to be altered,then we should contact Everything Dinosaur/Dan's Dinosaurs or even CollectA.Since I saw it firstly last friday,I have plans to get mine,but I'm afraid it can change,and lose this incredible piece.If you guys feel the same than me,feel free to participate in the request.We can send 'em a request explaining our preoccupation.If you wanna participate,feel free to pm me or post it.
Thanks.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2013, 08:18:37 AM by Juan Andrés »

tyrantqueen

• Ultimate survivor
  • Kek
    • View Profile
  • Dinosaur: What do you think?
  • v.1 status and posts: 137 Full Member
« Reply #39 on: July 15, 2013, 11:59:03 AM »
What about sending CollectA / Everything Dinosaur/Dan's Dinosaurs a request about our preoccupation about the Carcharodontosaurus?If we guys love the figure and don't want to be altered,then we should contact Everything Dinosaur/Dan's Dinosaurs or even CollectA.Since I saw it firstly last friday,I have plans to get mine,but I'm afraid it can change,and lose this incredible piece.If you guys feel the same than me,feel free to participate in the request.We can send 'em a request explaining our preoccupation.If you wanna participate,feel free to pm me or post it.
Thanks.
Dan's Dinosaurs is in America, CollectA is UK based. I doubt he has any influence over them.