News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

CollectA - new for 2014

Started by Everything_Dinosaur, July 12, 2013, 07:45:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Concavenator

Quote from: Bokisaurus on July 15, 2013, 06:25:35 AM
Quote from: John on July 13, 2013, 03:05:19 AM

I think this must be the earliest I have ever seen a preview for upcoming releases. :)

Awesome new figure! REally loving the design and colors on this one, it's one of the most striking and interesting in a long time. Yes, and it's 1:40 too! ;D
Great that they are releasing some photos of their 2014 lineup already, I hear more will be released later this week  :)
Yes,I have also heard that this Friday,we'll see more new items. :)Veeery excited!! ::)

Mauro "Raptor86"

Quote from: Juan Andrés on July 15, 2013, 01:12:22 PM

Yes,I have also heard that this Friday,we'll see more new items. :)Veeery excited!! ::)

Yes, they have written in their official facebook page!
This year the news about the 2014 lies are coming up really early!

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Takama on July 15, 2013, 07:14:46 AM
Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on July 15, 2013, 06:58:23 AM
Would be great if they released a piece like this in their super deluxe size..but I'm hoping we get a sauropod  next for that. ;)

I dont evean have the Trike yet, And dont evean know if i can make the room for three big ones.

I hope they make another large Saouropod for there Standerd sized line, I love the size of this years dippy

Me neither ! But soon I hope . :)  If all else fails these guys are really durable and can be used outdoors as well. ;)

Everything_Dinosaur

We at Everything Dinosaur understand your comments, we do have a very strong working relationship with Collecta and we were discussing various notes only this afternoon with the global sales manager.  However, a couple of points worth making, firstly Collecta like all manufacturers, are keen to give the market what it wants, however, sometimes issues over the physical scaling up in production can come up that do lead to unforeseen issues and sometimes changes have to be made.  Remember the delays in the production of the Papo Brachiosaurus, an impressive model but the manufacturer did encounter a number of issues that had not been foreseen, this led to a delay in the model's release.  Secondly, many of the comments that Everything Dinosaur has received about the Collecta Carcharodontosaurus, either via this forum or through our blog site (worth checking out), or indeed our Facebook, Google Plus, Pinterest etc have already been passed onto Collecta.  We were emailed by their general manager a couple of days ago, thanking us for the contribution etc.  In fact, I have promised him that we would make another Youtube review of one of their 2013 releases, I think we promised one on Przewalski's horse, must get round to checking over the script sometime this week.

Concavenator

Quote from: Takama on July 12, 2013, 06:24:47 PM
Holy Crap!  :o :o   That's amazing.    Step aside Geoworld, I'm back at Collect

don't know if this is Relevent. But i remember sending a suggestion to collectA about making both a Carcahrodontosaurus and a Giganotosaurus, The Former was to be Standard, and the Latter was to be Deluxe..    I wondered if the listened but decided to do things differently
I also remember doing a sugestion about more carcharodontosaurids!But I didn't specify what genera.Very glad our suggestions to be heard! :).
CollectA have said again in their official Facebook page that more new items are coming this Friday! :)
I can't wait! ::)

tanystropheus

After the Mapusaurus incident, and the grossly distorted (in other words, 'derpy') T-rex w/ Struthiomimus, I am cautiously optimistic. It looks good so far (I'm not a fan of the white markings on the face...it could do without it). It seems to have good proportions, as far as I can tell.

tyrantqueen

So new dinosaurs will be unveiled tomorrow? >:D

Btw, regarding the Mapusaurus- remember the controversy that was stirred up when the Mapu was changed? (Anthony Beeson referred to it as a "storm in a Jurassic teacup"). I doubt CollectA would want to go through that again. Hopefully they will think twice about changing their figures after that.

Concavenator

Quote from: tyrantqueen on July 18, 2013, 05:59:11 PM

Btw, regarding the Mapusaurus- remember the controversy that was stirred up when the Mapu was changed? (Anthony Beeson referred to it as a "storm in a Jurassic teacup"). I doubt CollectA would want to go through that again. Hopefully they will think twice about changing their figures after that.
Yes(at least CollectA said on its official Facebook page).I think CollectA wasn't amused by people's comments on the final Mapu ,so I think they aren't going to change it.Also,it looks like well-balanced

Simon

Yes, it looks like they went all-out for this Carcharodontosaur.  Waiting to see a close-up so we can examine the detail work.  From the shot we have it looks like an A+ sculpt.

They probably went all-out to smooth over the ruffled feathers caused by that godawful Mapusaurus ...

Libraraptor

I completely agree to all the positive feedback the new Carcharodontosaurus has evoked! What a great figure!

Takama

One thing i think we should be worried about now is if this one would stand perfectly?

I had trouble with my old T-Rex(which was replaced by CollectA themselves)  and im now expiriancing trouble with my deinichirus. The fact that they added a base to this years Pachycephalasaurus makes me think there stepping in the right direction, but i would like to make sure that they Are.

John

...or at least not show prototypes at such an early stage when they are still being developed. :)
Don't you hate it when you legitimately compliment someone's mustache and she gets angry with you?

Concavenator

Quote from: John on July 19, 2013, 12:01:39 AM

...or at least not show prototypes at such an early stage when they are still being developed. :)
CollectA said on their official Facebook we would see new dinosaurs today.And they said it twice.Then we should see 2014 news today...I think(or at least I hope it).That is REally exciting...and more when it's the case of CollectA,a very hard to predict company...with very exciting dinosaurs :)

Everything_Dinosaur

There is a schedule, but sales management staff are rather scattered around the world at the moment, we have team members working Saturday morning , in case information is emailed to us over Saturday night (Hong Kong Time).

Everything_Dinosaur

To see an image of the second new model to be released by Collecta (Stegosaurus corpse) click onto Everything Dinosaur's Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/EverythingDinosaur

Model in the not to scale series measures 16.6cm approx, we would be interested to hear your comments about wounds depicted.

Concavenator

Looks nice!Wow,it seems that CollectA is back to prey dinosaurs!Glad to hear this!

Ikessauro

Yay!!! Dead dino!!! Ahah, no I'm not some sort of psycho... You guys know I'm happy about. We can never have too many prey dino figures around! Dioramas are getting easier..

Turret

Nice, a dead stegosaurus. I recall members wanting on for this year. Hope it looks good next to the papo Allosaurus  :)

Concavenator

Hmmm...dead Stegosaurus,nice!But,who have ocurried that maybe we'll see a North American Jurassic predator to be "the killer"of this Stego?I can imagine them releasing,for example,Torvosaurus or Ceratosaurus to make a diorama with this.I think that would be great,you could form an easy diorama fitting CollectA Ceratosaurus/Torvosaurus,this Stego,and the Diplo;all this accompanied with some trees! :)

Everything_Dinosaur

Collecta already has a candidate for the predator in their not to scale range - they made an Allosaurus a few years back, as for trees, they have two large trees Ginkgo Biloboa and he 30cm Cycad, but perhaps these would look inappropriate next to this 17cm model. Perhaps the Williamsonia or the Monathesia/Cycad models (we call this one affectionately the "clump") might be more suitable.  We made the point about Morrison Formation/Cleveland-Lloyd Theropods to Collecta we highlighted Ceratosaurus, Marshosaurus and Saurophaganax but did not mention the likes of Torvosaurus, Edmarka or even Stokesosaurus.  Hope this info helps.

Support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these links are affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.