News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

CollectA - new for 2014

Started by Everything_Dinosaur, July 12, 2013, 07:45:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

stargatedalek

I'd prefer if the feathers extended the full length of the arm and if the underside was feathered
but its still a great piece

tyrantqueen

That Therizino needs a repaint, ASAP >:D but the sculpt is good. Very good, even.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: stargatedalek on July 11, 2014, 02:57:04 PM
I'd prefer if the feathers extended the full length of the arm and if the underside was feathered

If the underside isn't feathered I'm happy..just means when I build one I won't have to cut out so many blasted feathers ! lol

Gwangi

The feathers on the arms and the mo-hawk both bother me but otherwise it is better than I expected.

stargatedalek

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on July 12, 2014, 08:03:55 PM

If the underside isn't feathered I'm happy..just means when I build one I won't have to cut out so many blasted feathers ! lol
hehe :P
Id say that falls under creative liberty ;)

Its the arms that bother me, giving them the primary feathers but only on the wrists

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: stargatedalek on July 12, 2014, 09:51:22 PM

Its the arms that bother me, giving them the primary feathers but only on the wrists

Yeah given their ancestry being theropod that's odd...should go out the middle finger right ?  Or just leave them naked all together.  I'm not sure we have feather proof for Therizinosaurus.

stargatedalek

Best to give them feathers, the exact extent of which however is up to the artist ;)
As for the arms, if there were primary feathers than the middle finger is a safe assumption,  or at least I would presume they would extend from the wrist to the shoulder rather than the elbow

Gwangi

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on July 13, 2014, 01:13:47 AM
Quote from: stargatedalek on July 12, 2014, 09:51:22 PM

Yeah given their ancestry being theropod that's odd...should go out the middle finger right ?  Or just leave them naked all together.  I'm not sure we have feather proof for Therizinosaurus.

We have feathers for Beipiaosaurus, an early Cretaceous therizinosaur but no, not for Therizinosaurus itself. Seems likely that it did though.

Arul

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: ARUL on October 16, 2014, 12:48:07 AM
Mosasaur looks great  ^-^

Little disappointed the tips of the jaws seem to curve inward..forcing you to add some critter to open them up.

Bokisaurus

Juvenile T-rex by CollectA. It's and adorable little thing, and well sculpted,too. I really like this figure.
[

Support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these links are affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.