News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

Recent Acquisitions (Archive, March 2012 - July 2018)

Started by Himmapaan, March 13, 2012, 05:48:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jose S.M.

Nice Vitae figures, I'm sure I will try to get those soon.

PhilSauria

Quote from: mgaguilar on July 24, 2018, 07:22:00 AM

I CANNOT RECOMMEND THIS ENOUGH. It's absolutely gorgeous. And even though the materials aren't top-notch, the sculpt is worthy of any collector that has a remote interest in Tyrannosaurus.
I have the Smoke Green variant, and I couldn't resist it when I saw it. Even moreso than the beautiful tiger-striped variant.
The joints seem really tight, so I'm probably not going to pivot the articulation points, but I already have it in my favorite standing position, so it's perfect.

It is by far my favorite rex in terms of purely aesthetics.
I've had this guy for about a week now - also very pleased with it. Very stiff joints but some hair dryer action sorted that one out. Mine also now standing quite well. Funny how that jaw articulation feature above the lip looks much more pronounced in photos than when you have the figure right in front of you. This one appealed because I like the slightly heavier set look of this Tyrannosaur and I don't subscribe to the theory of feathers on an animal of that size.
Phil

Shonisaurus

Vitae dinosaurs are pretty nice. I hope that they arrive to me in normal conditions and they do not indefinitely keep them to me the customs as it happens to me with the dinosaurs of Kaiyodo and Favorite that continue retained by the customs and tributary service from the past 6 of July.

Tylosaurus

Well bought an other one of them Colorata Plushies that big Rexie they had, yeah this guy:
https://www.ebay.ie/itm/Colorata-Tyrannosaurus-REX-Real-Plush-LL-size-sit-down-series/372377069374

Finally got my Sofa Hug Buddy xD  ;D 8)

Gladly got refunded as this item was discontinued and the sale was mislabeled, ah well happens I guess.

mgaguilar

Quote from: Shonisaurus on July 24, 2018, 08:06:54 AM
I'm glad avatar_mgaguilar @mgaguilar  you received the tyrannosaurus rex from Kaiyodo (mine unfortunately are still held in customs since last July 6).

How I would like to have these figures in my hands.

I do hope you get him soon avatar_Shonisaurus @Shonisaurus , and that he will bring as much joy to you as he brought to me! Mine was hovering in Japan customs for awhile, but US customs only took a couple days.
It's very light, as in weight. Much lighter than I expected, but a beautiful sculpt, no doubt.

Quote from: PhilSauria on July 24, 2018, 11:02:43 PM
Quote from: mgaguilar on July 24, 2018, 07:22:00 AM

I CANNOT RECOMMEND THIS ENOUGH. It's absolutely gorgeous. And even though the materials aren't top-notch, the sculpt is worthy of any collector that has a remote interest in Tyrannosaurus.
I have the Smoke Green variant, and I couldn't resist it when I saw it. Even moreso than the beautiful tiger-striped variant.
The joints seem really tight, so I'm probably not going to pivot the articulation points, but I already have it in my favorite standing position, so it's perfect.

It is by far my favorite rex in terms of purely aesthetics.
I've had this guy for about a week now - also very pleased with it. Very stiff joints but some hair dryer action sorted that one out. Mine also now standing quite well. Funny how that jaw articulation feature above the lip looks much more pronounced in photos than when you have the figure right in front of you. This one appealed because I like the slightly heavier set look of this Tyrannosaur and I don't subscribe to the theory of feathers on an animal of that size.
Phil

Good to hear, and thanks for the tip avatar_PhilSauria @PhilSauria! And it's fascinating how photos do make the joint cap much more pronounced than it actually is.
And I feel very much the same about the sculptor's artistic ownership over the look. It's barrel-chested, well-fed, and enough bulk to make it look believable. Absolutely wonderful decisions.

I would pay money just to see the prototype of this sculpt.

Shonisaurus

Fortunatelyavatar_mgaguilar @mgaguilar it seems that at the end of a whopping month of the month, the dinosaurs (tyrannosaurus rex Kaiyodo 2018 three versions) and the dinosaurs and coelacanths, soft model Favorite, will release me. Although little I will enjoy in the best case since I'm going on vacation next July 31.

Roselaar

Another big JW haul this week, including a Herrerasaurus with poor nomenclature:

Plus the latest Collectasaurs. The Estemmenosuchus and Brontosaurus are true gems!

Shonisaurus

Pretty set Roselaar of prehistoric animals of Collecta and JW. I'm glad for you.

Every day I like more the feathered tyrannosaurus rex of Collecta 2018 and it goes without saying that the ceratosaurus, estemmenosuchus and dimetrodon are sublime and very cool.

The miniatures of JW are also the result of a good and complete acquisition. My congratulations, Roselaar.

Jose S.M.

MLMjp

Those new Vitaes look much better than the first figures by them. The smoother texture looks way better that the rough texture of the Sinraptor and Giganotosaurus.

Time is of the Essence

I finally found these at Meijer. I never thought that I would find them there.

They even had folders and notebooks, which I have been trying to find for a while.

I read about Hobby Lobby's messy dinosaur section, and wanted to see what it was like. I was surprised to find a Safari Ltd Iguanodon, because I didn't think they sold those. I'd like to use those trees for something, but I'm not sure what yet.

This came from Ebay. They are Ice Age characters that supposedly came with magazines.

DinoToyForum

I'm going to draw a line under this Recent Acquisitions topic. It has received over a million views and over ten thousand replies, that's quite an accomplishment! But that's more than enough for a single forum thread - I think 10,000 replies is a reasonable cut off point! So, I'll create a new thread of the same name, and turn this old thread into an archive.  C:-) May the next thread receive 10,000 replies and a million views, also!  :))

Bokisaurus

These guys just arrived after only one week of ordering, not sure how it happened!
Pics of the Amarga in my collection thread if you want to see more of it. I plan to post pics of the Mosasaur and Mamenchi tomorrow if I get some time.
[]

Support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these links are affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.