News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

Beautiful Dinosaur mix

Started by postsaurischian, March 23, 2012, 02:31:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PhilSauria

Thanks for the image of the PNSO Steg with the Kinto and favorite - two the Stegosaur models I am very pleased to own - gives me a very good idea of the size of the newest addition to the ranks of armored Dinosaurs.

While it is a bit smaller than I'd initially thought it is another fine piece from PNSO and hopefully there will be a large one from them at some point in the future, but for now I'll be placing an order for this Stego once it becomes available here.

postsaurischian

:)  Thank you for the comments!

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

:)

~ •    Creative-Beast "Beasts of the Mesozoic" Raptor Series No.02 ~ Atrociraptor marshalli    • ~
                                                                             originally sculpted by David Silva

-   chasing after a Yujin Dragonfly   -

-   having a talk with tiny descendants, all three made by Eikoh Miniature Planet   -

Libraraptor

I like that last picture, haha!

Shonisaurus

The set of the atrociraptor with the three current birds is logical considering that they are his closest relatives at present. Nice photos I congratulate you postaurischian for your beautiful photographs.

Ravonium

I like how, in the last picture, the Atrociraptor looks somewhat horrified at what its descendants look like.  ;D

tanystropheus

The Atrociraptor is probably my favorite out of the Creative Beast Raptor series. I just love his expression!

JohannesB

Quote from: postsaurischian on March 28, 2017, 03:17:31 PM
  :) Thank you all for the comments!

Quote from: Reptilia on March 24, 2017, 01:43:12 PM
....... Rebor should consider to sell their accessories separately, they work so fine with a lot of other figures. .......

Good idea. Their bases are of great quality! I love using them on several occasions.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

:D  PNSO Age of Dinosaurs No.07 ~ Chungkingosaurus
                                                        (originally sculpted by ZHAO Chuang, re-painted by Martin Garratt)

This is gorgeous. Congrats, both you and Martin Garratt. A professional repaint is what this model deserves for sure. I love the warm earth tones, the shades of red, brown and sand. I have the model myself and I would love to have it repainted as well.

postsaurischian

:)  Thank you for the comments!

another favourite extant Dinosaur of mine
                                                                                                  ^-^

PNSO • LIVING ANIMAL MODELS THAT ACCOMPANY YOUR GROWTH - Small Model series No.38
                                                                         ~ •    Southern Cassowary    • ~
                                                                           originally sculpted by ZHAO Chuang

v        CollectA     •     PNSO     •     Safari        v

postsaurischian

^-^

PNSO • PREHISTORIC ANIMAL MODELS THAT ACCOMPANY YOUR GROWTH No.16
                                                                                    ~ •    Spinops    • ~
                                                                           originally sculpted by ZHAO Chuang

~ •     with PNSO mini No.45    • ~

^-^

My 1:35 Chinaceratopsians so far

PNSO Triceratops "Doyle"    •    Vitae Sinoceratops    •    M-See Diabloceratops    •    PNSO Spinops    •    Prehistoric Passions Pentaceratops

ceratopsian

Lovely shots of the large Spinops.  I ordered mine this morning, so your photographs are well timed!  You have a very impressive line-up of "Chinaceratopsians".

acro-man

Quote from: postsaurischian on June 08, 2019, 07:16:43 PM

Those of photos of the "Beasts of the Mesozoic" Atrociraptor marshalli just look so terrific.
Actually the first time I saw people doing it right.
With certain magic you let viewers focus on the raptor's face or motion instead of the annoying seams running over its body, which I used to PS them out with great effort but still couldn't make them look as dandy.

Mind share what kind of lens and camera settings you used for the face close-ups?
喜欢收集和P图
QQ: 909772216
Email: [email protected]
DeviantArt: www.deviantart.com/acro-man/

postsaurischian

:)  Thank you both for the comments!

Quote from: acro-man on June 28, 2019, 03:28:41 AM
Mind share what kind of lens and camera settings you used for the face close-ups?

I'm using a SONY Cyber-shot DSC-HX100V and to be honest I still use different camera settings according to the trial-and-error principle,
  not really knowing what I'm doing :-[ . Everytime you softly press the button before the shot the camera offers you different focus possibilities.
  I do this until such time as I find a focus that I want. On the lens it says: Carl Zeiss Vario Sonnar 2,8 - 5,6 / 4,8 - 144 T*

^-^

PNSO • PREHISTORIC ANIMAL MODELS THAT ACCOMPANY YOUR GROWTH No.17
                                                                              ~ •    Eurhinosaurus    • ~

•    next to Safari Carnegie Collection Ichthyosaurus and CollectA Excalibosaurus    •

ceratopsian

May I ask if you use a tripod?

You make a very good job of disguising it, if you don't know what you are doing!

postsaurischian

Quote from: ceratopsian on June 28, 2019, 09:35:38 AM

No, I don't. Using both hands works perfectly.
  Only using one hand makes me shake after a short while and I have to take a short break.

ceratopsian

Quote from: postsaurischian on June 28, 2019, 09:45:35 AM
Quote from: ceratopsian on June 28, 2019, 09:35:38 AM

No, I don't. Using both hands works perfectly.
  Only using one hand makes me shake after a short while and I have to take a short break.

Thank you.

Shonisaurus

Thanks for the comparative photos of the PNSO eurhinosaurus and other figures of prehistoric reptiles of the Ichthyosauria family. I have to admit that it is a magnificent figure and highly recommended.

acro-man

Thanks for the hint regarding the lens.
What I wanted to know was actually more generic, like "is it a Macro lens or a telephoto lens or normal lens?"
Since at this point my Huawei cellphone camera can't satisfy me more and more, so I am considering buying a real camera and wanted to know if it's necessary.
喜欢收集和P图
QQ: 909772216
Email: [email protected]
DeviantArt: www.deviantart.com/acro-man/

postsaurischian

avatar_postsaurischian @acro-man: Sorry for not being able to answer these kind of questions.
  By the way - having seen your spectacular collages I don't think I could give you any tips ;) .
  Are those really done with a cellphone camera :o ??? ?

Sophie got "traditional" colours now
                                                                                                  8)

~ •    Wild Safari 1:35 Stegosaurus    • ~
                                                      originally sculpted by Doug Watson / re-painted by Martin Garratt

v   traditionally coloured thyreophorans by Doug Watson & Martin Garratt   v

v   1:35 human scale figure by Kaiyodo   v

v   Garrattized Armoured Watson Dinosaurs   v

ceratopsian

I was looking forward to seeing Martin's repaint and I am not disappointed. Sophie looks absolutely stunning. This highlights the beauty of Doug's sculpture. I am strongly tempted to have one done too - but I would ask for something different from yours. No copying!

Jose S.M.

That's a beautiful repaint. The sculpt is great but Safari's choice of colors is not that great. I still like the factory version but it's kind of drab, this is way better.

Support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these links are affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.