News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

Beautiful Dinosaur mix

Started by postsaurischian, March 23, 2012, 02:31:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shonisaurus

Schleich's triceratops and diabloceratops compared to their styracosaurus and pentaceratops counterparts appear to be made by another brand. The sculpture has progressed favorably and is today one of my favorite brands Schleich. I congratulate you on your photographs and acquisitions avatar_postsaurischian @postsaurischian

postsaurischian

:D  Thank you for the comments!

Quote from: ceratopsian on August 05, 2019, 05:54:30 PM
That is a particularly handsome head shot of the Diabloceratops.

It is a handsome figure :) .

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

^-^

Kaiyodo CapsuleQ Museum
                                                                  The Great Exhibition of Dinosaur sculpting
                                      This is the 9th CapsuleQ Museum set by Kaiyodo. Again just updates of Dinotales figures

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Therizinosaurus

next to Dinotales No.74

Tyrannosaurus rex

the dark Tyrannosaurus version is my personal gem of this set

Dinotales No.01B in the middle

Deinonychus

Dinotales No.49 (brown, left) & Dino Expo 2002 (blue, right)

Camarasaurus

next to Dinotales No.111A

Shonisaurus

avatar_postsaurischian @postsaurischian What stands out among those beautiful dinosaurs of Kaiyodo is that they are beautifully detailed and occupy hardly any space. I congratulate you on your new acquisitions.

ceratopsian

Lovely photos as usual. I passed on this set as there were too many models in it that I didn't want. However, the Therizinosaurus is very attractive.

postsaurischian

:)  Thank you for the comments!

:)

~ •    My Paleocraft Megafauna collection    • ~

I'm collecting the models that are as close as possible to the 1:20 scale. That's why I still have none of the prehistoric cats. They're too big.
Anyway, here are the ones I have so far. I still couldn't decide to send them to Martin to get painted, because I love the simple resin look.

~   originally sculpted by Sean Cooper   ~

1:20 Arsinoitherium zitteli

1:20 Elasmotherium sibiricum

1:18 Dinohyus hollandi

1:20 Platybelodon

1:20 Woolly Mammoth

1:15 Moa

1:16 Glyptotherium

1:18 Andrewsarchus mongoliensis

1:18 Brontotherium

Halichoeres

Those are beautiful. I can see how you'd be conflicted about having them painted.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Shonisaurus

Nice set of prehistoric mammals and other contemporary Cenozoic animals many of them are my favorite prehistoric animals of that time.

Jose S.M.

ceratopsian

They all look very good unpainted and some are fabulous.  I wouldn't hurry to have them coloured up.

Killekor

Thanks for the photos of the Schleich Diabloceratops, Postsaurischian!
It looks a really nice figure, although it's smaller than how I expected it. Congrats for having it in your collection!

Killekor
Bigger than a camarasaurus,
and with a bite more stronger that the T-Rex bite,
Ticamasaurus is certainly the king of the Jurassic period.

With Balaur feet, dromaeosaurus bite, microraptor wings, and a terrible poison, the Deinoraptor Dromaeonychus is a lethal enemy for the most ferocious hybrid too.

My Repaints Thread: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5104.0

My Art And Sculptures Thread: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5170

My Dioramas Thread: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5195.0

My Collection Thread: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5438

postsaurischian

8)

~ •    CollectA 1:20 Edaphosaurus    • ~
                                                     originally sculpted by Matthias Geiger / re-painted by Martin Garratt

In 1975 - still at primary school - my mum used to buy me a monthly magazine called "Der kleine Tierfreund" (The little animal lover).
The September issue (see picture below) had a pair of eupelycosaurs on its cover - Dimetrodon & Edaphosaurus. After "Was Ist Was" this was
        my second prehistoric history read and I was deeply impressed by the cover. Since then I love seeing these two next to each other.
      Here are three D & E pairs of my collection. There are lots more of Dimetrodon but unfortunately I only have three Edaphosaurus figures.

GNmodels  &  Bullyland

CollectA  &  Wild Safari

Carnegie Collection  &  GNmodels

Shonisaurus

I congratulate you on your three edaphosaurus. The repainting of Collecta edaphosaurus has greatly favored the figure in general, compared to its original painting. Bullyland edaphosaurus brings me very good memories of this company that unfortunately is already history.

On the other hand the edaphosaurus GNmodels unfortunately did not know him but it is a paleoartistic representation of that rare synapsid.

Libraraptor

Great Edaphosaurus! Especially the gorgeous repaint! I have that Tierfreund, too, btw.

ceratopsian

The colours of the new Edaphosaurus are beautiful.  Another success!

postsaurischian

Quote from: Libraraptor on September 03, 2019, 08:13:00 PM
Great Edaphosaurus! Especially the gorgeous repaint! I have that Tierfreund, too, btw.

Thanks Stefan! Did you also get the Tierfreund magazine as a kid?

^-^

~ •    SEGA Prize 1:20 Amargasaurus    • ~
                                                   originally sculpted by Hirokazu Tokugawa / re-painted by Martin Garratt

v        next to the PNSO Dinosaurs Museum model       v

Shonisaurus

The repainting of the Sega amargasaurus has been brutally perfect. I congratulate you!

I really like the conservative paint you have applied to Sega amargasaurus, it looks great.

ceratopsian

The Amargasaurus is a beauty. 

BrontoScorpio

I always hated this model  - Never bought it when I had the chance -
couldn't stand the bright yellow 'dino king' like colour application.

But, I have to admit - what you made martin make of it got me look at it in a completely different way -
It's absolutely beautiful.

Good work, wonderful idea and great  initiative

Libraraptor

Quote from: postsaurischian on September 03, 2019, 08:43:50 PM

Quote from: Libraraptor on September 03, 2019, 08:13:00 PM

Thanks Stefan! Did you also get the Tierfreund magazine as a kid?

No, not these old issues. I was born in 1977 and was given a lot of old issues two or so years ago.

postsaurischian

:)  Thank you for the comments!

^-^

~ •     Lu Feng Shan ~ 1:6 Anhanguera     • ~

I have shown this model which I bought in 2011 a few times here but have never known by whom it was made or produced.
                  After a recent short conversation with Shan he confirmed that the Anhanguera was made by him for his first collection.
                           I have suspected this and am very happy that my collection of his figures is even bigger than I thought.
                                                              So I thought the model should have a post of its own.

•   for size comparison: PNSO mini No.34 Nemicolopterus and REBOR Dimorphodon   •

Support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these links are affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.