News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

Beautiful Dinosaur mix

Started by postsaurischian, March 23, 2012, 02:31:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Halichoeres

I love seeing that Anhanguera. Wish it were more readily available!
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Libraraptor

That Anhanguera is a beauty!

postsaurischian

:)  Thank you both for the comments!

Quote from: Halichoeres on September 13, 2019, 06:10:34 PM
I love seeing that Anhanguera. Wish it were more readily available!

I too wish Shan's first collection models were still available.
  Especially the smaller marine reptiles that were offered on eBay around 2010 - 2011.
  You might like this next feature .......

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

^-^

~ •     Nirvanature Studio Arapaima gigas     • ~
                                                                                      sculpted by Shanyu

Not an extinct animal, but a very old species that has its prehistoric charm.
   This was my last order with forum member acro-man who unfortunately stopped doing this kind of business. I'm thanking him a lot for his
          great service. All our transactions were highly satisfying. Thanks for making all these wonderful Chinese models available for us.

v        next to Colorata's Pirarucu from their Fossil Fish box       v

click thumbnails to enlarge the portraits

v        next to Colorata's Asian Arowana from their Fossil Fish boxes       v

BrontoScorpio

Nice !
This is my favourite anchient-living fish.
I have even bough one other model myself .
Do you have also those other two versions :
1. Trins-Japan.2. Some other ...

postsaurischian

Thanks for the comment avatar_BrontoScorpio @BrontoScorpio! No I don't have the Trims Pirarucu.
  Just this one and the two Colorata versions. ... Ah, and one by Takara and one by Epoch.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

:D

PALEOZOO  1:1  Ammonite
                                                                                    created by Bruce Currie

click thumbnails to enlarge the pictures

^  next to Kaiyodo Dinotales No.017 B - Pachydiscus and CollectA Prehistoric Sealife Toob - Parapuzosia  ^

v  and next to Kaiyodo Dinotales No.078 - Douvilleiceras  v

Libraraptor

I am still a big fan of this thread! Beautiful ammonite and pictures.

Shonisaurus

I congratulate you on your postsaurischian Paleozoo ammonite, it is one of the best sculptural representations of this magnificent marine invertebrate.

postsaurischian

:D  Thank you for the comments!

This figure from 2011 is one of Safari's gems from their Carnegie line at the peak of their craft.
                  It's also still among my all-time favourite Dinosaur toy figures and I still wish Forest Rogers would do Dinosaurs again.

:)

~ •     Safari Carnegie Collection ~ Miragaia     • ~
                                                                            originally sculpted by Forest Rogers

v        next to PNSO mini No.009       v

ceratopsian

It's a favourite of mine too and one of the first toy models I bought.

Shonisaurus

Carnegie's miragaia is one of my favorite stegosaurids. I hope someday Safari will make another version of that rare dinosaur with Portuguese plates.

Killekor

The Carnegie Miragaia it's one of my favorite figures also for me! And it was my first Safari figure.
I love everything about it: the color scheme, the sculpt etc etc... it's sad that the Carnegie toy line closed. There were a lot of amazing models.
Congratulations for having it too!

Killekor
Bigger than a camarasaurus,
and with a bite more stronger that the T-Rex bite,
Ticamasaurus is certainly the king of the Jurassic period.

With Balaur feet, dromaeosaurus bite, microraptor wings, and a terrible poison, the Deinoraptor Dromaeonychus is a lethal enemy for the most ferocious hybrid too.

My Repaints Thread: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5104.0

My Art And Sculptures Thread: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5170

My Dioramas Thread: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5195.0

My Collection Thread: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5438

Tyto_Theropod

Agree with all of you, it's one of my favourite figures as well I love, love, love the sculpt and the colours. That's really nice base you've done for it, avatar_postsaurischian @postsaurischian! With the Tamiya Archaeopteryx, I believe? They look really nice together. And I definitely agree that I'd like to see more dinosaurs from Rogers.

I'm not sure how likely it is that Stegosaurians cared for their young at all, but seeing the Carnegie and PNSO figures together makes me think of a juvenile and its mother - or at least another, older member of a herd. Makes me want to get the PNSO and possibly repaint it so I can portray that dynamic on my collection shelf.
UPDATE - Where've I been, my other hobbies, and how to navigate my Flickr:
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9277.msg280559#msg280559
______________________________________________________________________________________
Flickr for crafts and models: https://www.flickr.com/photos/162561992@N05/
Flickr for wildlife photos: Link to be added
Twitter: @MaudScientist

postsaurischian

:D  Thank you very much for the comments!

Quote from: Tyto_Theropod on September 30, 2019, 03:47:42 PM
....... That's really nice base you've done for it, avatar_postsaurischian @postsaurischian! With the Tamiya Archaeopteryx, I believe? .......

The base was made by Martin Garratt and yes, that's the Tamiya Archaeopteryx.

Quote from: Tyto_Theropod on September 30, 2019, 03:47:42 PM
....... seeing the Carnegie and PNSO figures together makes me think of a juvenile and its mother - or at least another, older member of a herd. Makes me want to get the PNSO and possibly repaint it so I can portray that dynamic on my collection shelf.

I would like to see that :) .

^-^

KANNA DINOSAUR CENTER - Dinosaur Model Skeleton Series  ~  Deinocheirus mirificus
                                                                 Exclusive resin model for the Dinosaur Expo 2019

measured along the spine the figure is 30 cm long - about 1:35

My little Deinocheirus collection (left to right):

~ •     CollectA     •     KANNA DINOSAUR CENTER     •     Kaiyodo     •     Wild Safari    • ~

^ ^ Don't click the bar to view the full image. Click the pic itself! The original image is sized 1200x900. ^ ^

Libraraptor

Nice little Deinocheirus collection!

Killekor

Thanks for the photos Postsaurischian! It's great to see so many Deinocheirus figures.

Killekor
Bigger than a camarasaurus,
and with a bite more stronger that the T-Rex bite,
Ticamasaurus is certainly the king of the Jurassic period.

With Balaur feet, dromaeosaurus bite, microraptor wings, and a terrible poison, the Deinoraptor Dromaeonychus is a lethal enemy for the most ferocious hybrid too.

My Repaints Thread: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5104.0

My Art And Sculptures Thread: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5170

My Dioramas Thread: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5195.0

My Collection Thread: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5438

postsaurischian

:)  Thank you for the comments! To me the KANNA Deinocheirus is the holy grail of the Expo 2019 merchandise items.

^-^

~ •     BLACKHORSE Studio 1:20 pair of Stygimoloch     • ~
                                                                                     sculpted by Han Xiao

Or Pachycephalosaurus juveniles - depends on what theory you subscribe to. I personally would love Stygimoloch to be a species of its own,
       a most gracile looking beautiful 3 m pachycephalosaurid. The detail on these two is amazing for such small models. I couldn't resist
            getting both versions - standing and prone position. Nothing has been glued together yet. They will go to Martin Garratt soon.

Shonisaurus

The two stygimoloch are true works of art just missing them from being painted. On the other hand, Kanna's deinocheirus sincerely surpasses the rest of updated brands of other brands.

postsaurischian

^-^

~ •     Kaiyodo - The Dinosaur Expo 2019 capsule figures     • ~
                                                                             produced by Shinobu Matsumura

Mukawaryu

Deinocheirus mirificus

Mosasaurinae gen. et sp. indet.

Deinonychus antirrhopus

Tyrannosaurus rex

Flaffy

The Kamuysaurus is easily the highlight of the set  ^-^
Is it possible to remove the figures from their bases?

postsaurischian

Quote from: Flaffy on October 12, 2019, 04:07:44 PM
The Kamuysaurus is easily the highlight of the set  ^-^
Is it possible to remove the figures from their bases?

It's my favourite of the set, too :) . The official coloured capsule figures can be removed from their bases.
  The "antique bronze" versions can't. They're also made of hard  & stiff plastic while the capsule figures
  are made of softer & bendable material which Kaiyodo has normally been using the last years.

Actually I'm not the greatest T. rex fan, but meanwhile I have 19 figures made by Kaiyodo alone.
                                              Most of them being mini figures of course. Time to stop? We'll see .......

^-^

~ •     Kaiyodo ~ Tyrannosaurus rex miniatures     • ~

1  The Study Room (2004)      2  The Dinosaur Expo (2005)      3  CapsuleQ Tyrannosaurus set (2013)
                         4   The Dinosaur Expo (2019)      5  CapsuleQ Tyrannosaurus set (2013)      6  Dinotales No.087B (2004)
                       7  Dinotales No.001B (2001)      8  Dinotales No.109B (2006)      9  CapsuleQ The Cretaceous Period (2015)
                              10  CapsuleQ The Great Exhibition of Dinosaur sculpting (2019)      11  The Dinosaur Expo (2016)

v v Don't click the bar to view the full image. Click the pic itself! The original image is sized 1200x900. v v

Support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these links are affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.