Author Topic: Beautiful Dinosaur mix  (Read 300153 times)

postsaurischian

• Jurassic survivor
    • View Profile
  • Dinosaur: Guanlong
  • v.1 status and posts: 1442
Re: Beautiful Dinosaur mix
« Reply #1960 on: October 13, 2019, 01:34:02 PM »
The Kamuysaurus is easily the highlight of the set  ^-^
Is it possible to remove the figures from their bases?

It's my favourite of the set, too :) . The official coloured capsule figures can be removed from their bases.
  The "antique bronze" versions can't. They're also made of hard  & stiff plastic while the capsule figures
  are made of softer & bendable material which Kaiyodo has normally been using the last years.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Actually I'm not the greatest T. rex fan, but meanwhile I have 19 figures made by Kaiyodo alone.
                                              Most of them being mini figures of course. Time to stop? We'll see .......

^-^

~ •     Kaiyodo ~ Tyrannosaurus rex miniatures     • ~

1  The Study Room (2004)      2  The Dinosaur Expo (2005)      3  CapsuleQ Tyrannosaurus set (2013)
                         4   The Dinosaur Expo (2019)      5  CapsuleQ Tyrannosaurus set (2013)      6  Dinotales No.087B (2004)
                       7  Dinotales No.001B (2001)      8  Dinotales No.109B (2006)      9  CapsuleQ The Cretaceous Period (2015)
                              10  CapsuleQ The Great Exhibition of Dinosaur sculpting (2019)      11  The Dinosaur Expo (2016)

v v Don't click the bar to view the full image. Click the pic itself! The original image is sized 1200x900. v v

« Last Edit: November 16, 2019, 09:05:39 PM by postsaurischian »

Flaffy

• Devonian survivor
    • View Profile
  • Dinosaur: 中國角龍 Sinoceratops
« Reply #1961 on: October 13, 2019, 02:51:05 PM »
The improvement in sculpting and anatomy is evident between the 2016 expo feathered rex and the newer 2019 one.

It's my favourite of the set, too :) . The official coloured capsule figures can be removed from their bases.
  The "antique bronze" versions can't. They're also made of hard  & stiff plastic while the capsule figures
  are made of softer & bendable material which Kaiyodo has normally been using the last years.
Thanks.  ^-^
Are the connection pegs inserted into the figure from the base? Or are the pegs on the feet of the figure, and inserted into the base?

CityRaptor

• Pliocene survivor
  • Ornithoscelidaphobia!
    • View Profile
  • Dinosaur: Troodon
  • v.1 status and posts: A silent watcher...
« Reply #1962 on: October 13, 2019, 03:10:11 PM »
That's a lot of Tyrants...and still missing some.

I don't know why, but I want to pet her head and call her a good girl.
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

postsaurischian

• Jurassic survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #1963 on: October 14, 2019, 09:29:07 PM »
  The official coloured capsule figures can be removed from their bases.
Are the connection pegs inserted into the figure from the base? Or are the pegs on the feet of the figure, and inserted into the base?

The pegs are on the feet of the figure and have to be inserted into the base.

That's a lot of Tyrants...and still missing some.

Which ones?
  (besides the Dinotales series 3 secret vintage figure, colour variants of #5 - 8 + 10 and a skeleton and cheap plastic version of #2)
  I left off the Dinotales and CapsuleQ skeletons & skulls and the Dinoland 100mm figure - they didn't fit in the picture.

« Last Edit: October 14, 2019, 09:46:46 PM by postsaurischian »

postsaurischian

• Jurassic survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #1964 on: October 22, 2019, 11:30:28 PM »
                                                                                                  :D

Eofauna Scientific Research 1:35 Deinotherium giganteum
                                                                made after specimen from Kettlasbrunn & Eppelsheim

v        Bullyland     •     Eofauna Scientific Research     •     Mojö       v

v        Mammuthus trogontherii     •     Deinotherium giganteum     •     Palaeoloxodon antiquus        v

Shonisaurus

• Ultimate survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #1965 on: October 23, 2019, 03:27:52 PM »
Eofauna deinotherium far exceeds the rest of the figures of its kind. It is a majestic figure and with precisely sculpted lower teeth. Eofauna is one of my favorite brands and sincerely competes in quality with its prehistoric mammals of other brands but this deinotherium is difficult to overcome by another brand. I didn't expect it to be so tall and with such an elegant and detailed sculpture. It is the same as its prototype. Hooray for Eofauna!

ceratopsian

• Silurian survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #1966 on: October 24, 2019, 08:17:36 AM »
Goodness it's massive!  And very beautiful.

postsaurischian

• Jurassic survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #1967 on: October 26, 2019, 05:31:58 PM »
  :)  Thanks for the comments!

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

:D

PALEOZOO  4:1  Pikaia gracilens & Vauxia
                                                                                    created by Bruce Currie

click thumbnails to enlarge the portraits

•

~   next to Favorite's figure from the Cambrian Creatures Mini Model ~ Burgess Series   ~
                           - - This image has been resized. Click it to view the full image. The original image is sized 760x895. - -

BrontoScorpio

• View Profile
« Reply #1968 on: October 26, 2019, 07:18:30 PM »

~ •     Kaiyodo ~ Tyrannosaurus rex miniatures     • ~

What a magnificent picture and what a great idea to gather them for a group pic.I wish I had your picture taking talent.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2019, 07:19:20 PM by BrontoScorpio »

postsaurischian

• Jurassic survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #1969 on: November 16, 2019, 10:41:48 PM »
  :D  Thank you for your comment @BrontoScorpio. I'm glad you like the pic.

Among the many Dinosaur key experiences during my childhood in the 70s, Iguanodon plays a big role.
                                          That's because I visited two steeped in history exhibits that impressed me a lot.

First one in Berlin 1976 - the life-sized statue at the Aquarium's back entrance.
                             Second one in Frankfurt about a year later (yeah, that's me on the right, more than 40 years ago).
                                                         I can't help myself, but I still like the good old upright pose.

:)

~ •     Retro Iguanodon figures     • ~
                                                National Museum of Nature and Science Tokyo   •   Kleinwelka   •   Invicta

(Thanks to Lanthanotus for the Kleinwelka)