News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

Beautiful Dinosaur mix

Started by postsaurischian, March 23, 2012, 02:31:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

postsaurischian

:) Thanks for the comment, Amarga  ..... but I must admit ... I still need the Sideshow Mosasaur ;D.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

:)   Mirischia asymmetrica  (about 1: 5)     ~ sculpted by Ademar Pereira do Nascimento
                                                                           ~ painted by Martin Garratt
                                                                               ~ with thanks to Ikessauro who helped me to get this model

....... next to Ademar's 1:5 Sacisaurus:

postsaurischian

:D  Shapeways baby Parasaurolophus 'Joe' by Galileo Hernandez Nunez (GNmodels)
                                                                              >  painted by Noora Kivisilta

....... joining its Kaiyodo mother .......

tyrantqueen

Awww, that's cute. This one is my favourite:

Reminds me a bit of this photograph

Isn't Joe a 1/35 figure, though? Unless he is a small baby.

postsaurischian

:D Thanks for the comment - it's always a lovely sight.

Quote from: tyrantqueen on April 20, 2014, 04:08:50 PM

??? :-\ I don't know. Joe's mother might be the largest of the herd ;D.

Libraraptor

Quote from: tyrantqueen on April 20, 2014, 04:08:50 PM
Awww, that's cute. This one is my favourite:

Reminds me a bit of this photograph

Aah, cute cows, what a lovely picture  :)

postsaurischian

:)   Cretaceous Creations 1:18 Ceratosaurus (sculpted by Shane Foulkes)
                                > I bought it from Dan a while ago as a single model (no Kentrosaurus) finished in faux-bronze.

sauroid

"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

postsaurischian

:)   My Prehistoric Bookshelf:

ITdactyl

I'll assume mamenchisaurus, but 'will ask anyway - what sauropod is that?  And who made it?

*I'll collapse and spasm with envy in 5 minutes*

postsaurischian

Quote from: ITdactyl on May 16, 2014, 06:37:37 AM
I'll assume mamenchisaurus, but 'will ask anyway - what sauropod is that?  And who made it?

You're right, it's a Mamenchisaurus, made by Favorite for the Fukui Dinosaur Museum.

sauroid

amazing collection of books and figures.
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

tyrantqueen

Some great titles there. I like seeing other member's "shelfies" (as Libraraptor called them ;))

I'm guessing you spread your model collection out over the whole house, rather than having a large space or room to keep it all? :)

postsaurischian

Quote from: tyrantqueen on May 16, 2014, 01:09:05 PM
I'm guessing you spread your model collection out over the whole house, rather than having a large space or room to keep it all? :)

Yes, they're everywhere :-[ ;D.
Just one confinement: In the bathroom only stone, wood and metal is allowed (no plastic), so just a bronze Gecko, two wooden ones and some smaller fossils of fish and ammonites that could make it there.

postsaurischian

:)  Ants In Hand Museum DINOSAUR SKULLS - Part I

~  1:10  Allosaurus fragilis
       ~  1:10  Tyrannosaurus rex
       ~  1:10  Diplodocus longus
       ~  1:10  Edmontosaurus saskatchewanensis

All skull models are ©1999, sculpted by Lasha Tschondia of the Republic of Georgia, made in the U.S.A.

postsaurischian

:)  Ants In Hand Museum DINOSAUR SKULLS - Part II

~  1:10  Triceratops horridus
       ~  1:10  Euoplocephalus tutus

Euoplocephalus ©1998 / Triceratops ©1999, sculpted by Lasha Tschondia of the Republic of Georgia, made in the U.S.A.

amargasaurus cazaui

Those are some gorgeous sculpts Helge. I know the scale is posted at 1-10 but we have  a shot of perhaps seeing them with something familiar for visible scale? Thanks for sharing them!!!
Authors with varying competence have suggested dinosaurs disappeared because of meteorites...God's will, raids by little green hunters in flying saucers, lack of standing room in Noah's Ark, and palaeoweltschmerz—Glenn Jepsen

Libraraptor

Helge, when can I spent three or so afternoons in front of your bookshelf?!

postsaurischian

Quote from: Libraraptor on June 01, 2014, 08:48:22 PM
Helge, when can I spent three or so afternoons in front of your bookshelf?!

;D You'd be always welcome.
But do I really have anything you do not already know?

Quote from: amargasaurus cazaui on June 01, 2014, 06:17:25 PM
Those are some gorgeous sculpts Helge. I know the scale is posted at 1-10 but we have  a shot of perhaps seeing them with something familiar for visible scale? Thanks for sharing them!!!

:) Thanks Michael! The T. rex skull for example is 13.5 cm long.
Here are two comparison pics with familiar figures - Schleich man & Carnegie Tyrannosaurus:

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

:)  Ants In Hand Museum DINOSAUR SKULLS - Part III

~  1:3  Herrerasaurus ischigualastensis
       ~  1:3  Plateosaurus englehardti

Both skull models are ©1999, sculpted by Lasha Tschondia of the Republic of Georgia, made in the U.S.A.

postsaurischian

^-^   Favorite, Prehistoric Life - Softmodels  Woolly Mammoth (originally sculpted by Hirokazu Tokugawa)

compared to Papo's version:

Simon

That looks more like a Steppe Mammoth to me ... nice size too ...

Support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these links are affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.