News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Recent Acquisitions (Archive, March 2012 - July 2018)

Started by Himmapaan, March 13, 2012, 05:48:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jetoar

Good photograph. I see the true colors of this figures. Thanks for share  ^-^.
[Off Nick and Eddie's reactions to the dinosaurs] Oh yeah "Ooh, aah", that's how it always starts. But then there's running and screaming.

{about the T-Rex) When he sees us with his kid isn't he gonna be like "you"!?

My website: Paleo-Creatures
My website's facebook: Paleo-Creatures

Roselaar

Hadn't noticed the red stripes on the Brachiosaur's neck before. Apparently there's more to its paint job than most people would think.
I came upon two of these at my local Papo store, but I didn't buy them because I know I can get them cheaper at my regular address. I'll wait a while longer. :)

My PC is down for repairs, so I won't be able to post more JP updates for a week or two. But at least I can finally finish sorting this giant new acquisition out. You won't get rid of me so easily, there's much many updates still to come, even though I can imagine most of you are sick of me hijacking this thread. ;)

Gwangi

I never noticed the red either. It really is a beautiful model, just look at its head! Is the jaw articulated?

Bokisaurus

Some new additions to the collection ;)
Jurassic Hunter by Geowords

T-rex, Carcharodontosaurus,Gigantosaurus, Baryonyx

Ornithomimus and Caudipteryx

Joining the flock ;D

And Diplodocus

And from another set, the Dino Dan collection. They make a good companion sets ;) Very similar in style and size

Cory, Brachio, and Stego

Carno, Veloci, and Trike

Both of these sets comes in packages:
Geoworld Jurassic Hunter in Bags

And Dino Dan came in Boxes

These figures are interesting and larger than your standard Safari or CollectA. Mixed bag for sure, but I like them. Some really cool ones in the set.

And last, but not the least, some mammals ;D

Oh yes, and some fish :P

JohannesB

Quote from: Gwangi on November 03, 2012, 08:37:20 PM
I never noticed the red either. It really is a beautiful model, just look at its head! Is the jaw articulated?

The jaw is a separate, glued on piece (I believe this model is comprised of 4 pieces), but it is not articulated. Even though it is not articulated and painted a grayish drab green and tan (which I like), it has a lively look to it - and powerful - and graceful too, in a way. I must confess it is my instant favorite Brachiosaurus model. It has character. (And at least it is not painted lime green and bright red  :P ) Sure, it is a toy Brachiosaurus model, and not so much a scientific model (in that respect, I like the Carnegie Brachiosaurus best, notwithstanding its color scheme), but it is arguably the best toy Brachiosaurus around. Anyway, apart from the inaccuracies and the things we do not yet know about these animals (like color), we could call this Papo model Giraffatitan brancai to separate it from the Carnegie Brachiosaurus altithorax :)

Gwangi

I see, thanks. I didn't think it would be articulated but it kind of looked like it was. It is a beautiful sculpt. I agree that despite anatomical flaws it is the best brachiosaur on the market.

SBell

Quote from: Bokisaurus on November 03, 2012, 08:50:12 PM

What is that one meant to be?

copper

Quote from: SBell on November 04, 2012, 12:59:50 AM

warthog with too many tusks? i have that figure too and i like it, though i modified the head and teeth  :  )

Libraraptor

Hey, Boki! Cool new addition!! I love the Caudipteryx very much! Did I see a custom painted AAA Gallimimus on one of the pics?!

Bokisaurus

Quote from: Libraraptor on November 04, 2012, 08:23:10 PM
Hey, Boki! Cool new addition!! I love the Caudipteryx very much! Did I see a custom painted AAA Gallimimus on one of the pics?!
Thanks, the Caudipteryx is one of my favorite from the line.
Yes, that is indeed a repainted AAA galli ;D The original one look so much like big bird with it's yellow paint ;D

Bokisaurus

Quote from: copper on November 04, 2012, 11:43:15 AM
Quote from: SBell on November 04, 2012, 12:59:50 AM

warthog with too many tusks? i have that figure too and i like it, though i modified the head and teeth  :  )

Warthog trying to be a babirusa? LOL! :)) It's made by AAA I believe, it's a cool figure ;)

Bokisaurus

Taking a break from toy figures, I got this life-size cast/replica of a saber tooth It's really cool and impressive!
Made out of resin/ceramic,so it's heavy and fragile (had to repair some areas).

With some of my saber tooth figures for size comparisons ;)

Cheers! ;D

Jetoar

Yesterday I bougth a WWD lot of figures: Torosaurus, Polacanthus, Iguanodon, all for 36 euros  ^-^ and the family of my girlfriend have bougth in Ebay  the figure of Sentinel Prime leader class for me as Christmas gift  ^-^.
[Off Nick and Eddie's reactions to the dinosaurs] Oh yeah "Ooh, aah", that's how it always starts. But then there's running and screaming.

tyrantqueen

I picked up the Tamiya Brachiosaurus, although I admit I bought it more for the juvenile than anything else.

Jetoar

Good Acquisitions! I have only the T-Rex. I would like to finish my T-Rex some day.

sauroid

just got these a while ago
Bullyland Ammonite

Happinet Styracosaurus
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

tyrantqueen

Autumn issue of Prehistoric Times, and the Carnegie Cryolophosaurus and Beipiaosaurus :)

Just a little sneak peek for anyone who is curious...

Takama

Cool to see Dejankins has some Ads out there 8)

Nebuloid

Hi, seems this forum had moved. Needed to create a new account !?
Anyway look at this box that arrived today !

Love the little kosmoceratops , very nice little figure. Oh and my giganotosaurus says gigantosaurus on the bottom, is this normal ?

DinoToyForum

Yes, we started afresh here at V2 early in the year :) Checked my Giganotosaurus, it is labelled correctly, on my figure at least :)

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: