News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

Recent Acquisitions (Archive, March 2012 - July 2018)

Started by Himmapaan, March 13, 2012, 05:48:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ikessauro

Quote from: Seijun on December 26, 2012, 06:35:48 PM
Ikessauro: I've have had a few Allos that look like yours, but mine have all been a darker brown. Yours looks lighter brown. Can you get some pictures of him in better light? Here is one of mine: http://www.collectorsquest.com/collectible/78813/allosaurus-original
Is yours a very soft rubber material, or a harder plastic?
I dont't refer to my allo as gold wash though. Only the Early sauropods and steg look like they have what could be called a "gold wash" color (pale yellow background with grey-green added).

I took some more pictures of him, but could not improve light that much, since my camera is really crappy :P; I took the pics outside, but weather is really cloudy in here today. How do you photograph your dinos? Those Carnegie photos over Collector Quest look very good.
Here's a link to the photobucket album.
http://s273.beta.photobucket.com/user/ikessauro/library/Carnegie%20Allosaurus?

Seijun

Ok, in those pics he looks like the ones I have. Its the earliest release of the carnegie allo that I know if, although there is a much rarer grey version from Germany that could be older. The Germany 1st releases  seem to have been different colors from the 1st releases in the UK and USA, but I don't know which was technically the earliest release of them all (or perhaps they were all released at the same time?).

I take photos using the product photo studio at my work. The lighting comes from two huge softboxes mounted near the ceiling. The camera is a Canon EOS5D mounted on a monopod, and the background is a 99 cent piece of white plasterboard from the dollar-store :)
My living room smells like old plastic dinosaur toys... Better than air freshener!

stoneage

Quote from: Seijun on December 26, 2012, 06:35:48 PM
Ikessauro: I've have had a few Allos that look like yours, but mine have all been a darker brown. Yours looks lighter brown. Can you get some pictures of him in better light? Here is one of mine: http://www.collectorsquest.com/collectible/78813/allosaurus-original
Is yours a very soft rubber material, or a harder plastic?
I dont't refer to my allo as gold wash though. Only the Early sauropods and steg look like they have what could be called a "gold wash" color (pale yellow background with grey-green added).

How did you arrive at your estimated value?

Seijun

Its a combination of what I have paid and what I have seen paid for others, and/or what I would hope to get if I ever sold them, and/or what I would expect to pay if I bought the same item again in the same condition. :)
My living room smells like old plastic dinosaur toys... Better than air freshener!

docronnie

Quote from: Ikessauro on December 26, 2012, 12:46:36 PM
@docronnie: the folks at Hayakawa really like their emaciated dinos right? That T.rex is so slim... but very cool anyways. Could you provide more info on those figures? Maybe start a topic about them at the dinosaur lines section.

I think so, Ikessauro.  I just seem to like them, but they might be Chinasaurs after all.  As far as I know, you get these premium toys from fruit candies (?).

I just found out today that Geoworld fossils are being sold exclusively at Toys R Us here in the Philippines.  I hope they bring in the figures too in the near future.

Congrats Raptor86 on your Geoworld figure!  :)

Congrats primeval on your Bullyland, Carnegie, Collecta and Schleich dinos!  :)

Congrats BOTM on your WS dinos!  :)

Keep The Magic Alive and Kicking! :-)

Ikessauro

I am the happiest of collectors now! Look what I just picked up at the post office! It was a long wait, but finally arrived! I can't take my eyes of him, so cool!

brontodocus

Congrats, Ikessauro! :) It is a wonderful figure and it deserves to be coveted so much. I felt exactly the same like you when I got mine, it's only been half a year ago.

Oh Lord, won't you buy me a T-rex by Krentz? My friends all have Sideshow, I must make amends.

Battatitan

Congratulations on everyone's recent acquisitions! They are all really nice  :))

And many congratulations on that Battat Diplodocus, Ikessauro! It's so detailed and life-like; you must feel like a proud father  ;D

Ikessauro

Thanks Brontodocus and Battatitan. I am really proud of this acquisition, was a bit hard to get to, but I did. It's such an impressive sculpt, there's no chance that one wouldn't like it! Now, just got find a place for it, I'm not sure if it's gonna fit on my display and I don't want it to get dusty.

docronnie

Congrats Ikessauro on your beautiful Battat Diplodocus!  :)

Jetoar

Quote from: docronnie on December 28, 2012, 03:19:12 PM
Congrats Ikessauro on your beautiful Battat Diplodocus!  :)

I think the same, congrats  ^-^.
[Off Nick and Eddie's reactions to the dinosaurs] Oh yeah "Ooh, aah", that's how it always starts. But then there's running and screaming.

{about the T-Rex) When he sees us with his kid isn't he gonna be like "you"!?

My website: Paleo-Creatures
My website's facebook: Paleo-Creatures

Roselaar

Finally got my hands on a copy of Dinosaur Collectibles by Dana Cain. Excellent read, though quite outdated and in many cases (especially where JP is involved), highly inaccurate. :-\ Still, worth any collector's while.

docronnie

Quote from: Roselaar on December 28, 2012, 07:54:14 PM
Finally got my hands on a copy of Dinosaur Collectibles by Dana Cain. Excellent read, though quite outdated and in many cases (especially where JP is involved), highly inaccurate. :-\ Still, worth any collector's while.

Congrats on acquiring the book, Roselaar!

Never thought such a book exist. TFS! :)

Balaur

I just ordered this years CollectA Utahceratops today, should be here between January 4th and January 9th. It's going to be my first CollectA, and also, will I be very glad to have it? What did any of you think of the Utahceratops?

Takama

very good piece of work,   Thats what i think of it 8)

docronnie

Congrats in advance balaurbondoc on your Collecta Utahraptor!

This could be my last for the year.
Abided Sauroid and Thanks!

Fame Master Inc., 4D Master Puzzle Raptor - 2005

From Hobbiestock:

Takara Magnetic Movement Mini Dinosaur Figures Apatosaurus - 2006
This is a cool toy!

Mojo figures left were Stego and Triceratops.  Will get from restocks next year.  No more Bandais (P150 each).

Happy Meal:

McDonalds Happy Meal Dinosaur Movie Wind-up Toy Aaladar - 2000

McDonalds Happy Meal Dinosaur Movie Wind-up Toy Neera -2000

McDonalds Happy Meal Dinosaur Movie Wind-up Toy Eema - 2000

To commemorate my daughter's love for dinosaurs.  This started it all for her and rekindled mine.

Xmas Gift:

Thanks Dr. Jez!

Ukay:

AAA Stegosaurus

AAA Dimetrodon

Safari Ltd. Wild Safari Dinosaur & Prehistoric Life Brachiosaurus - 1996

These are badly beaten figures. Got them for posterity's sake.

TFL and A Happy New Year to all!!!

Ikessauro

Congrats docronnie, a nice bunch of dinos you got there. I specially like that Dimetrodon.

docronnie

Quote from: Ikessauro on December 31, 2012, 01:30:40 PM
Congrats docronnie, a nice bunch of dinos you got there. I specially like that Dimetrodon.

Thanks! Which Dimetrodon are you referring to, the FM or AAA?  :)

Ikessauro

Quote from: docronnie on December 31, 2012, 06:21:30 PM
Quote from: Ikessauro on December 31, 2012, 01:30:40 PM

Thanks! Which Dimetrodon are you referring to, the FM or AAA?  :)

I was talking about the FM one. I love its mean look;

Blade-of-the-Moon

That 4D Raptor is like super model skinny.. lol  Nice haul !

Support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these links are affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.