News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Recent Acquisitions (Archive, March 2012 - July 2018)

Started by Himmapaan, March 13, 2012, 05:48:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blade-of-the-Moon

Oh yeah..that Allo is AWESOME !!

sepp

Today I found a Tyco Stegosaurus in a bag with a chinasau sauropod for $3.75! He's missing the battery cover but his walking mechanism still works. I'm happy with myself, haha.

Thundercharge

Got the Jurassic Hunters Guanlong today! He's bigger than I expected, didn't know it was 1:20 scale  :))
It's my first one from this line.. and he looked the best!

It's a lot nicer than the Wild Safari one in my opinion.  :)

Click sig for my collection! :)

SBell

The JH are big! I'm expecting one (the Ornithomimus) hopefully soon. I really wanted to see and hold one for myself, but your Guanlong comparison pictures at least gives me an idea what to expect (also, the colours seem a little more muted than in the catalogue photo, which isn't totally a bad thing).

Thundercharge

Quote from: SBell on January 25, 2013, 07:37:21 PM
The JH are big! I'm expecting one (the Ornithomimus) hopefully soon. I really wanted to see and hold one for myself, but your Guanlong comparison pictures at least gives me an idea what to expect (also, the colours seem a little more muted than in the catalogue photo, which isn't totally a bad thing).
Yeah it was bigger than I thought it would be when I ordered it. I'm very happy with the Guanlong, and I think I'll get the Protoceratops next. From the catalogue pictures, there's some awesome stuff coming up in "Expedition 2" as well!  :))

Enjoy your Ornithomimus when it arrives!  ;D

Roselaar

That Guanlong looks good! Where did you get it from?

Thundercharge

Quote from: Roselaar on January 25, 2013, 08:22:33 PM
That Guanlong looks good! Where did you get it from?
I got it from Amazon. :) $10.99 with free shipping because I have Prime.  ;D
They have the others on there too, and it's a pretty good deal I think for a nice figure. :)

Thundercharge

This arrived earlier than expected from Japan: my much anticipated Favorite soft model set of 13!

I'll say it right now: these are FANTASTIC, some of the best dinosaur toys I have ever had in my hands. The paint, the accuracy, the detail... everything is magnificent for figures that go for around $10 each.  :))
Seriously, it should be a crime to not own these.   :))
And I'm sure owners of the previous Kinto set will have some idea of how good the quality is. Although some of these are even better this time around!

A few highlights:

This has got to be one of the best Velociraptors ever.

I'll stop there, but this whole set is so outstanding. And the background in these pics even comes with them (if you buy the set of 13 at least). Pretty nifty.  :))

More pics coming in my collection thread, lest I spam this topic with too much more.  :P

Blade-of-the-Moon

Man I want that Allosaurus...maybe a couple others..if anyone wants to sell, trade or go in together on a set hit me up. :)

Thundercharge

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on January 26, 2013, 04:09:17 AM
Man I want that Allosaurus...maybe a couple others..if anyone wants to sell, trade or go in together on a set hit me up. :)
He's only 5 bucks and change from amiami: http://global.rakuten.com/en/store/amiami/item/fig-ipn-05725/#googtrans/ja/en
On backorder though so I don't know how long it might take. International shipping of course would add to that but for that one alone it shouldn't be too much. When I bought the whole set it came to about 12 bucks a figure including shipping which was a terrific deal to me, but looking back I probably could have saved a lot more... the whole set is available for less than $70 (backorder as well)! Shipping will be around $60 to the US, so you're looking at about $10 a figure for all of them, which is outstanding given the quality.

Simon

This set immediately became my second favorite set after Battat.  What is an added bonus is that some of the best 'regular' Collecta pieces - like the Therizinosaurus - fit right in next to this bunch, scale-wise (for those of us like me who refuse to display dinosaurs next to each other unless they are in scale - yeah, I know a few of these Favorites aren't in scale with each other, but humor my contradictions ... ::)

Seijun

I have a question about the kinto models that come in the boxed sets. Are they individually sealed in plastic within the box, or are they loose?
My living room smells like old plastic dinosaur toys... Better than air freshener!

Thundercharge

Quote from: Seijun on January 26, 2013, 07:06:53 AM
I have a question about the kinto models that come in the boxed sets. Are they individually sealed in plastic within the box, or are they loose?
Yes, they are individually sealed. :)

Bokisaurus

Awesome new addition everyone.
Here is my first addition for the new year, it's Malcolm's Apato, and it's a beauty ;)

Goes well with the other two sauropods
[

Oh, and there is is painted one from Invicta, did not even know it came in a painted version ;)

Brontozaurus

I got a tube of Wild Republic dinosaurs. So they're Chinasaurs, basically, but they're very nice ones. Half the reason I got them was the nice colours.

The other half was the retro Megalosaurus in the tube. It's all hunchbacked and everything. It came with two and I love them both.
"Uww wuhuhuhuh HAH HAWR HA HAWR."
-Ian Malcolm

My collection! UPDATED 21.03.2020: Dungeons & Dinosaurs!

sauroid

very cool new ones Boki.

Quote from: Brontozaurus on January 27, 2013, 06:55:55 AM
I got a tube of Wild Republic dinosaurs. So they're Chinasaurs, basically, but they're very nice ones. Half the reason I got them was the nice colours.

The other half was the retro Megalosaurus in the tube. It's all hunchbacked and everything. It came with two and I love them both.

would love to see pics
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

Brontozaurus

Quote from: sauroid on January 27, 2013, 01:49:34 PM
Quote from: Brontozaurus on January 27, 2013, 06:55:55 AM

would love to see pics

I'll take some later.

Anyway, today I got the CollectA Argentinosaurus and Mapusaurus. The latter doesn't look nearly as bad in person as photos suggest.
"Uww wuhuhuhuh HAH HAWR HA HAWR."
-Ian Malcolm

My collection! UPDATED 21.03.2020: Dungeons & Dinosaurs!

Takama

something big n ugly is on its way to my house

Spino-rex13

Just got my wild safari sue T. rex today. It's a very nice figure with very small amounts of sloppy paint work.

Jetoar

Quote from: Thundercharge on January 25, 2013, 04:31:30 PM
Got the Jurassic Hunters Guanlong today! He's bigger than I expected, didn't know it was 1:20 scale  :))
It's my first one from this line.. and he looked the best!

It's a lot nicer than the Wild Safari one in my opinion.  :)

Thanks for sharing the images of the two guanlong. Now I know the size of this figure  ^-^.
[Off Nick and Eddie's reactions to the dinosaurs] Oh yeah "Ooh, aah", that's how it always starts. But then there's running and screaming.

{about the T-Rex) When he sees us with his kid isn't he gonna be like "you"!?

My website: Paleo-Creatures
My website's facebook: Paleo-Creatures

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: