News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Recent Acquisitions (Archive, March 2012 - July 2018)

Started by Himmapaan, March 13, 2012, 05:48:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blade-of-the-Moon

Nice hauls guys !

I finally picked up a Carnegie Deinonychus trio..it's been forever since I had a complete one. :)

Jetoar

Wonderful acquisitions partners  ^-^.
[Off Nick and Eddie's reactions to the dinosaurs] Oh yeah "Ooh, aah", that's how it always starts. But then there's running and screaming.

{about the T-Rex) When he sees us with his kid isn't he gonna be like "you"!?

My website: Paleo-Creatures
My website's facebook: Paleo-Creatures

suspsy

Last weekend I went on a road trip in which I visited both the Indian River Reptile Zoo near Peterborough, ON, and Reptilia in Vaughan, ON.

First time I've ever come across Collecta figures in Ontario. :)
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

Jetoar

Wonderful acquisitions  ^-^, Miragaia is in my wish list  ^-^.
[Off Nick and Eddie's reactions to the dinosaurs] Oh yeah "Ooh, aah", that's how it always starts. But then there's running and screaming.

juju1305

Quote from: suspsy on July 22, 2013, 01:16:08 PM
Last weekend I went on a road trip in which I visited both the Indian River Reptile Zoo near Peterborough, ON, and Reptilia in Vaughan, ON.

First time I've ever come across Collecta figures in Ontario. :)

Lovely figures. I can see now that the T-rex with prey is sold with a base, unlike when it was launched. Mine does not have a base. I'll be reppurchasing the based version because despite not being the best t-rex out there, it's one of the most creative and original ones.

amargasaurus cazaui

Thought I would post these. They are test prints for Gorgonzola's Cryolophosaurus, done at 1/72 scale. I tested the poses for resting and walking, I believe. Both of them printed well and show alot of detail for such a strikingly small figure. Notice the penny for scale.  I believe Gorgonzola has either already made them availlible or soon will. Mine came out nicely though !!!

Authors with varying competence have suggested dinosaurs disappeared because of meteorites...God's will, raids by little green hunters in flying saucers, lack of standing room in Noah's Ark, and palaeoweltschmerz—Glenn Jepsen

Blade-of-the-Moon

Cool..they look like dinosaur ghosts.. :)

Roselaar

This just in: my third Sega Prize T-Rex colour variation (I think I have them all now):

Got lucky, nabbed it for a ridiculously low price.

Takama

Got my first Bullyland before its rare again

Jetoar

Amazing figure friend, Yesterday I bougth one of ther rare figures that I was lucking for, the rare WWD Opthalmosaurus. I think that it will arrive the next week.

FUTABA

Well done Jetoar. The WWD Ophthalmosaurus is brilliant.
I really really like blue things.

therizinosaurus

Not a new acquisition per se, but I recently rediscovered one of my favorite figures from my childhood: The Safari Ltd. Smithsonian Giant Centipede:

And just to show how truly massive this figure is (listed as 2:1 scale):

Blade-of-the-Moon

Would make a really nice prehistoric centipede I think.. ;)

That is one of the few models from that range I didn't get though.  I think I stopped after the Scorpion for some reason..probably interest waned.

docronnie

Great hauls everyone! Congrats!  :)

Here's my weekend haul:

Safari Ltd:

Safari Ltd. Miniature Replicas Dinos Toob Pteranodon

Safari Ltd. Dino Babies Toob Velociraptor

Safari Ltd. Dino Babies Toob Stegosaurus

Safari Ltd. Dino Babies Toob Allosaurus

Safari Ltd. Dino Babies Toob Triceratops

Safari Ltd. Dino Babies Toob Pteranodon

Safari Ltd. Wild Safari Brachiosaurus baby - 2002

Safari Ltd. The Carnegie Stegosaurus - 1988

OK! This figure is tricky.  It is stamped 1988, but according to my research this is a Safari Ltd. The Carnegie Parasaurolophus - 2007.  Can someone shed light on this? TIA!

Same thing.  This figure is stamped 1988, but research shows that this is a Safari Ltd. The Carnegie Triceratops - 2007.  Hope someone could help on this.  TIA!

Japanese Dino Figures:

Sega Toys Dinosaur King Tyrannosaurus - 2006 (might be a variant of some sort)

Happinet Ceratosaurus - 2006

Happinet Brachiosaurus - 2005

Happinet Styracosaurus - 2006

Kabaya The Perfect Dino World Collection Triceratops

Furuta Triceratops

Furuta Brachiosaurus

Furuta Apatosaurus

Furuta Parasaurolophus

Furuta Tyrannosaurus

Favorite Soft Model Pachycephalosaurus - 2004

I have a feeling that this is a Favorite Soft Model Tyrannosaurus - 2012.  Kindly comfirm.

Thanks for looking! :)
Keep The Magic Alive and Kicking! :-)

tyrantqueen

Nice haul Doc ;) I see some interesting models there, your collection must be very unique. The Happinet Ceratosaurus looks surprisingly good.

And yes, that is a Favorite Ltd Tyrannosaurus.

Jetoar

Wonderful acquisitions friends. Thanks Futaba. I hope to find the Liopleurodon some day  ^-^.

therizinosaurus

Great haul!!

Quote from: docronnie on July 31, 2013, 11:02:17 AM

OK! This figure is tricky.  It is stamped 1988, but according to my research this is a Safari Ltd. The Carnegie Parasaurolophus - 2007.  Can someone shed light on this? TIA!

Same thing.  This figure is stamped 1988, but research shows that this is a Safari Ltd. The Carnegie Triceratops - 2007.  Hope someone could help on this.  TIA!

As far as these figures go, the sculpts themselves date to 1988 (they were part of the initial release), but they've been reissued a number of times over the years with different paint schemes--these are indeed both the 2007 versions of the figures :)

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: therizinosaurus on July 31, 2013, 04:41:50 PM
Great haul!!

As far as these figures go, the sculpts themselves date to 1988 (they were part of the initial release), but they've been reissued a number of times over the years with different paint schemes--these are indeed both the 2007 versions of the figures :)

I'm not sure about the Trike, but the Para here has been partially re-sculpted  from the original version.  My original has a more flat and rounded back and the head looks retooled a bit here, though this one seems to still have the more " male " head design which differs from the latest version which had the head completely re-sculpted I believe.

therizinosaurus

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on July 31, 2013, 05:04:21 PM
Quote from: therizinosaurus on July 31, 2013, 04:41:50 PM
Great haul!!

I'm not sure about the Trike, but the Para here has been partially re-sculpted  from the original version.  My original has a more flat and rounded back and the head looks retooled a bit here, though this one seems to still have the more " male " head design which differs from the latest version which had the head completely re-sculpted I believe.

You're completely right about the Para, I simply meant that the general shape of the figure dates back to 1988. While the Para has undergone significant changes in head sculpt, the Trike has also had minor revisions over the years (only noticeable when you like a bunch of them up), particularly with scales on the figure's back. But neither figure is different enough from the original 88 version to warrant a new copyright.

SBell

Quote from: therizinosaurus on July 31, 2013, 01:43:44 AM
Not a new acquisition per se, but I recently rediscovered one of my favorite figures from my childhood: The Safari Ltd. Smithsonian Giant Centipede:

And just to show how truly massive this figure is (listed as 2:1 scale):

Of all the forgotten Safari figures out there, that is one I miss the most. Worse, several years back I saw one on a clearance table but passed (it was still pretty pricey). Never to be seen again, unfortunately.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: