News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Recent Acquisitions (Archive, March 2012 - July 2018)

Started by Himmapaan, March 13, 2012, 05:48:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jetoar

Beautiful acquisitions  ^-^. They are my last  ^-^.

Collecta have done a great work this year  ^-^.
[Off Nick and Eddie's reactions to the dinosaurs] Oh yeah "Ooh, aah", that's how it always starts. But then there's running and screaming.

{about the T-Rex) When he sees us with his kid isn't he gonna be like "you"!?

My website: Paleo-Creatures
My website's facebook: Paleo-Creatures

SBell

stargatedalek

I don't think its a dimetrodon (legs are way to long and skull to narrow)

Roselaar

Received these gems today:

Fabulous set! One of Kaiyodo's finest. Only thing that bugs me is the Kronosaurus skeleton: I can't get the head attacked to the neck properly. I dare not force the parts into place because they seem so fragile and my hands are so stupendously robust.

EmperorDinobot

Quote from: SBell on August 06, 2014, 01:56:52 PM

No, that's a ricefish. The archerfish is much different.

Sorry for the mis-prompt. Don't know my fish all that well. :( Will attempt to find.

sauroid

Quote from: stargatedalek on August 06, 2014, 02:44:15 PM
kinda looks like Bullyland's Arizonasaurus
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

SBell

Quote from: sauroid on August 06, 2014, 03:11:10 PM
Quote from: stargatedalek on August 06, 2014, 02:44:15 PM
kinda looks like Bullyland's Arizonasaurus

I have the Arizonasaurus. It is not the Arizonasaurus. For one thing the pose is wrong. For another it predates the hinged jaw and legs of current Bully figures. Unless there's a new lesser version now.

DinoToyForum

Quote from: Roselaar on August 06, 2014, 02:59:01 PM
Received these gems today:

Fabulous set! One of Kaiyodo's finest. Only thing that bugs me is the Kronosaurus skeleton: I can't get the head attacked to the neck properly. I dare not force the parts into place because they seem so fragile and my hands are so stupendously robust.

Great set, I need to order one myself. Don't force the skull, I did that once and snapped one of my kaiyodos. Himmapaan helped me with some others by gently slicing off some plastic with a knife until they fit, but then Himmapaan has an incredibly steady hand!

stargatedalek

I've gotten a few over the years that I had to crazy glue together

Roselaar

I'm surprised you haven;t ordered one of these beautilful sets yet, Dr. Admin! It seems to be right up your alley. ;)

I take it you also appreciate the marine reptile I acquired today, if not the other creatures pictured:

The Mosasaurus is gorgeous. I even gave one to my mother who's a sucker for Mosasaurs, for family reasons. The Therizinosaurus is splendid too. The Theropods are okay, but it seems they are already gradually bending forward because of the soft material they are made of. Hopefully they won't end up as warped as my Collecta Pachycephalosaurus, who's head is almost touching ground by now.

The WWD figure I got a few weeks ago, but I hadn;t taken a picture of it yet.

stargatedalek

if I were in your position I'd hurry and add some extra support to them, I've heard nothing but bad things about them bending over very quickly
that being said they look amazing, especially the juv tyrannosaur
that mosasaur and therizinosaurus are really something else, but I can wait for them a while longer
I've never seen that packaging variant of the WWD Patchi, it seems to lack the electronics?

I got a lucky score on a Kaiyodo marine reptile set today
only $25

(huge thanks to Dr Admin for the link to this amazing lot)

sauroid

very cool hauls guys
mine:

Bandai

(Allo wont stand on its feet)

misc.

"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

Jetoar

Some gifts of my birthday that I received yesterday  ^-^.

They are really cool  ^-^.
[Off Nick and Eddie's reactions to the dinosaurs] Oh yeah "Ooh, aah", that's how it always starts. But then there's running and screaming.

{about the T-Rex) When he sees us with his kid isn't he gonna be like "you"!?

My website: Paleo-Creatures
My website's facebook: Paleo-Creatures

Roselaar

Quote from: stargatedalek on August 07, 2014, 11:53:05 PM
if I were in your position I'd hurry and add some extra support to them, I've heard nothing but bad things about them bending over very quickly
that mosasaur and therizinosaurus are really something else, but I can wait for them a while longer
I've never seen that packaging variant of the WWD Patchi, it seems to lack the electronics?

Yeah, they come in both regular and electronic variations, and the regular ones are packed like this. I get the feeling they were released later in the run, took a while for me (and people on these forums) to notice them.

It's not a juvenile T-Rex though, it's the Bistahieversor. Unless you mean the Saurophaganax. I hope to get the little Rex soon too though, he's adorable.

SBell

Quote from: Roselaar on August 08, 2014, 11:38:46 PM
Quote from: stargatedalek on August 07, 2014, 11:53:05 PM

Yeah, they come in both regular and electronic variations, and the regular ones are packed like this. I get the feeling they were released later in the run, took a while for me (and people on these forums) to notice them.

It's not a juvenile T-Rex though, it's the Bistahieversor. Unless you mean the Saurophaganax. I hope to get the little Rex soon too though, he's adorable.

I've had no problem with any of mine.

And I'll admit-- I was accidentally sent the juvenile T.rex for my store, but I'm pretty pleased with it actually--it's a great, fuzzy little thing.

amanda

Going in for some surgery next week and received a few "get well" presents early: Carnegie Brachiosaurus (new one), Wild Safari Dracorex and Ceratasaurus, Battat Edmontonia and the Papo Carnotaurus. More dinos than I have acquired in almost two years.

**happy dance**

Quen

So both of my newest additions are Battats! They are also my first Battats!

I honestly did not intend to buy anything when I went to Target, but it didn't look like anyone had bought any of the dinosaurs yet, and I couldn't just leave them all there looking unloved and with me feeling guilty for not making a contribution to the awesomeness that is the return of the Battat dinosaur line, so I got one! I like how they both have the same wavy pattern on their tails!

[Photo lost to Photobucket Hell. It showed the original amarga with the nashi.]

Edit: Post edited to defeat the Photobucket Menace.

EmperorDinobot

Good stuff y'all!

I've been wanting to get into those Playmobil dinos for a looong time, especially want the Brachiosaurus.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: