News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Recent Acquisitions (Archive, March 2012 - July 2018)

Started by Himmapaan, March 13, 2012, 05:48:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

EmperorDinobot

Dino-Riders Triceratops! for .99! AAHAHAHAHA!!! I'M SO HAPPY! He's in very good shape, too! I'd offer him, but those sweet honey eyes... I LUV IT TO DEATH!

CityRaptor

Which did you get? The original with electronic walking action or one of the re-issues without? ( There are two, Smithonian and Cadillacs & Dinosaurs )

Quote from: dinotoyforum on August 20, 2014, 10:00:42 AM
My Kaiyodo capsuleQ marine reptiles set arrived today, too. Things of beauty! I don't know how they cram so much detail into such tiny figures. Anyone else who bought from the same seller on eBay got a real good deal.   ^-^

Like me!  :D
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

stargatedalek

as did I, but mine haven't come yet (actually they may have, but I'm away from home right now, may have a surprise waiting for me)

Patrx

Pachyrhinosaurus lakustai
Sculpted by Dan LoRusso for Battat

Repainted by me:

DinoToyForum

Quote from: CityRaptor on August 19, 2014, 10:45:38 PM

Pliosaurus kevani was not named til 2013...

I was especially pleased to see P. kevani depicted. ;)

Patrx

Quote from: dinotoyforum on August 20, 2014, 04:34:08 PM
Were you involved in describing the species?

Blade-of-the-Moon

Patrick that's crazy how much better the figure looks..really shows off all the detail Dan put into it!

DinoToyForum

:-X
Quote from: Patrx on August 20, 2014, 04:40:42 PM

Yes :)

Patrx

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on August 20, 2014, 05:42:37 PM
Patrick that's crazy how much better the figure looks..really shows off all the detail Dan put into it!

Thanks! I think that's been my favorite thing about painting models so far, the details really do start to become more defined the moment the brush hits the surface. It's a great way to get an appreciation for the work that goes into the sculpting process.

Quote from: dinotoyforum on August 20, 2014, 05:48:52 PM

Wow! That's really cool!

Hynerpeton

Quote from: Patrx on August 20, 2014, 04:30:04 PM
Pachyrhinosaurus lakustai
Sculpted by Dan LoRusso for Battat

Repainted by me:

Good job on the paint job. I just my Dino's with color.
Walking With Monsers:
[about Lystrosaurus] Astonishingly, their vast herds make up more than half of all life on Earth. Never again will a single species do so well.

Walking With Monsters: (Hynerpeton) To avoid injury the males demonstrate their strength  in a strange  push up contest.

DinoToyForum

Quote from: Patrx on August 20, 2014, 06:56:16 PM
Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on August 20, 2014, 05:42:37 PM

Thanks! I think that's been my favorite thing about painting models so far, the details really do start to become more defined the moment the brush hits the surface. It's a great way to get an appreciation for the work that goes into the sculpting process.

Quote from: dinotoyforum on August 20, 2014, 05:48:52 PM

Wow! That's really cool!

Both cool and open access: http://www.plosone.org/article/info%3Adoi%2F10.1371%2Fjournal.pone.0065989  8)

Patrx

Quote from: predino on August 20, 2014, 09:23:20 PM
Good job on the paint job. I just my Dino's with color.
Thanks! Colorful is good - but I had some concerns about making it look realistic. Once I get more practice in, I'd like to more with patterns and colors; it takes some skill to make a vibrant color scheme work.

Both cool and open access: http://www.plosone.org/article/info%3Adoi%2F10.1371%2Fjournal.pone.0065989  8)

Very interesting! It looks like Kaiyodo did a good job getting the shape of the skull right. Congratulations, by the way :)

Fukuiraptor

A golden t-rex by Schleich.  I have posted it on my collection thread but might as well show it here so that anyone knows about it can tell more  :)

http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=979.120

John

@Patrx,I'll second the remarks on the paint job on the Pachyrhinosaurus.Very impressive.
Seeing just how detailed it really is makes me very glad to see Battat's dinosaur line coming back with one of the original sculptors. 8)
Don't you hate it when you legitimately compliment someone's mustache and she gets angry with you?

Patrx

Quote from: John on August 21, 2014, 04:37:47 AM
@Patrx,I'll second the remarks on the paint job on the Pachyrhinosaurus.Very impressive.
Seeing just how detailed it really is makes me very glad to see Battat's dinosaur line coming back with one of the original sculptors. 8)

Thanks, John! The Pachyrhinosaurus is the first Battat figure I've gotten a close look at, and it really is a great sculpt. I think it's safe to have high hopes for the future of the line.

Ridureyu

So, now there is the Papo Allosaurus:

For comparison sake, here he is with the Schleich Allosaurus:

And I know they were not contemporaries, but niiiiice:

Invicta Hunter

These are the things i got today. The Invicta Troodon is for sale if anyone wants it.

[/

DinoLord

That Brachiosaurus is beautiful. Where did you get it from?

Roselaar

Look at the size of that thing! :)

Simon

Quote from: Invicta Hunter on August 21, 2014, 03:20:55 PM
These are the things i got today. The Invicta Troodon is for sale if anyone wants it.

Really? 

You mean you didn't just buy the entire lot just FOR the Troodon?    ;D ;D ;D ;D

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: