News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

Recent Acquisitions (Archive, March 2012 - July 2018)

Started by Himmapaan, March 13, 2012, 05:48:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roselaar

Quote from: Silvanusaurus on February 26, 2017, 12:50:05 PM
I won a very ecclectic lot of (mostly) vintage figures on eBay.
The stars of the group are these lovely starlux, a line I hadn't been that interested in before, but having them in hand I think I'm in love with these figures, gonna have to collect more of them:

The rest of the lot is an interesting selection of Inpros, Schleich Ursaurier (I think?), a Favourite series 1 Allosaurus, some diecast JP figures (which I dont want to keep), and a couple of odd little things.

All of this for £22, which seems like a steal to me, especially with those beautiful Starlux.

If anybody wants the duplicate Inpros and JP diecast figures, let me know.

Good catch! I almost bid on this same lot, but opted for two other auctions of the seller instead. They turned out at least as much of a steal. I'll be sure to post pics when the stuff arrives.

Good thing I didn't bid on this lot, saves us both money. Even though I was very tempted by those lovely Starluxes. ;)

Silvanusaurus

Aha, I thought it was likely to have to caught the eye of another forum member. I think I can guess which of the seller's other pieces you got, funnily enough I considered bidding on one of them myself, but decided not to... so I suppose it worked out well for both of us!  ;)

Takama

Just got this guy fairly recently

Expect a Review at some point

BlueKrono

I've gotten some good stuff recently but haven't had time to post. So here we go. Starting with Marx Kronosauruses...

On the left is the painted Krono from the 1963 Nuremburg World Fair. In the middle is the hollow tin Linemar Krono. Linemar was Marx's Japanese division. Searched for this guy for years - finally acquired it from Joe DeMarco. And on the right is the Dapol Krono, also from DeMarco's collection. Extremely rare and valuable, this one cost more than twice as much as either of the others. X.X Stupid rare colors...

Tsukuda Plesiosaurus, from the collection of Mike Fredericks of Prehistoric Times magazine. I understand this is the second rarest of the Tsukuda dinos, after the Allosaurus. Came mint in box.

And next to a soft plastic knockoff that I had for years and didn't know was a Tsukuda copy until I acquired the real deal. Authentic Tsukudas are made with hard, unyielding plastic.

Two color variants of the Carnegie Brachiosaurus. The older one appears to be very similar but slightly different. It's about an inch taller somehow.

And the newer one has more finely sculpted toenails.

And the two color variants of the Dor Mei T-rex. The blue one has a production error on it - its belly reads "Tyrannosaurus Res".

We are accustomed to look upon the shackled form of a conquered monster, but there - there you could look at a thing monstrous and free." - King Kong, 2005

Jose S.M.

Nice figures! The jw mini Triceratops looks nicer than the big offerings for that line.

CityRaptor

Seems to be a general theme with the JW Minis. Might have to do with their flaws being less obvious due to their smaller size.
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

Roselaar

Quote from: Silvanusaurus on February 26, 2017, 10:01:51 PM
Aha, I thought it was likely to have to caught the eye of another forum member. I think I can guess which of the seller's other pieces you got, funnily enough I considered bidding on one of them myself, but decided not to... so I suppose it worked out well for both of us!  ;)

Wasn't the black Favorite T-Rex. Should have gone for that as well...

Lovely snags, docronnie and BlueKrono! :)

docronnie

Quote from: Joe289 on February 27, 2017, 12:42:56 PM
Nice figures! The jw mini Triceratops looks nicer than the big offerings for that line.

Thanks! I think so too. 😇
Keep The Magic Alive and Kicking! :-)

docronnie

Thanks Roselaar!

I've re-read your post BlueKrono and those are valuable pieces of dinosaur toy history. Thanks for sharing the information! 😇

Bokisaurus

The first wave of CollectA has arrived, thanks to Mini Zoo, Only took one week to arrive!
More photos later, this crappy one will have to do for now.
The figures are beautiful, I do have a few complaints that I will point out later with better photos, Cheers and happy dino figure hunting!

Roselaar

Looks like a lovely bunch of Collectasaurs! :)

docronnie

Beautiful acquisitions! Still a great shot Boki. 😇

Roselaar

Scored these figures today, my first haul of 2017 releases. Wonderful creatures by both Safari and Papo:

Daspletodave

Docronnie - did you repaint the Carnegie Albertosaurus? Yours is brown, but mine are grey.
Thanks.

SBell

Quote from: Daspletodave on March 01, 2017, 05:07:27 PM
Docronnie - did you repaint the Carnegie Albertosaurus? Yours is brown, but mine are grey.
Thanks.

Good catch--it looks like it was painted to be similar to the Carnegie Sinraptor from the same time period!

Neosodon

I criticized the polacanthus when I first saw pictures because the paint looked metallic but the paint on yours looks nice.

The Giganotasaurus looks awesome in every picture though!

"3,000 km to the south, the massive comet crashes into Earth. The light from the impact fades in silence. Then the shock waves arrive. Next comes the blast front. Finally a rain of molten rock starts to fall out of the darkening sky - this is the end of the age of the dinosaurs. The Comet struck the Gulf of Mexico with the force of 10 billion Hiroshima bombs. And with the catastrophic climate changes that followed 65% of all life died out. It took millions of years for the earth to recover but when it did the giant dinosaurs were gone - never to return." - WWD

AcroSauroTaurus

Quote from: SBell on March 01, 2017, 06:05:34 PM
Thanks.

Good catch--it looks like it was painted to be similar to the Carnegie Sinraptor from the same time period!

Its probably the lighting mixed with the red background, giving a brownish appearance to the light grey.
I am the Dinosaur King!

sauroid

awesome haul Bokisaurus and Roselaar. hope to get those new releases soon enough.
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

Halichoeres

Quote from: AcroSauroTaurus on March 01, 2017, 09:58:13 PM
Quote from: SBell on March 01, 2017, 06:05:34 PM
Thanks.

Its probably the lighting mixed with the red background, giving a brownish appearance to the light grey.

I think so too. Some of those other figures also look redder than copies I have seen in person.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these links are affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.