News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

Radman's Collection

Started by radman, March 24, 2012, 12:53:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

radman

Continuing from the old forum, here are my Acrocanthosaurs:

The big 'uns:

And the l'il 'uns:

postsaurischian

Very nice, radman and welcome back. I'd say the Rader & Krentz Acros win :).
I have to think about the Rader model :-\.

Tylosaurus

Lovely lot of Acrocanthosaursses you got there radman! Great to see you back over here too mate! :D 8)
It would be awesome to see this Acrocanthosaurus in your collection one day :)

http://stores.homestead.com/hstrial-Dliebman2/-strse-121/Acrocanthosaurus-Resin-Kit-by/Detail.bok

"For this model kit, the animal is shown prowling a Cretaceous coastline, possibly in search of a meal."

brontodocus

Hey Christian, nice to see your collection moved over! :) I don't think I've seen the Rader Acrocanthosaurus before (so much for my knowledge on resins... :-[ ) but it's lovely, especially with that paint job. Of course I like the Antediluvia model as much for all its gnarlyness.

Oh Lord, won't you buy me a T-rex by Krentz? My friends all have Sideshow, I must make amends.

ZoPteryx

I had no idea that there were so many Acrocanthosaurus models! :o

Tylosaurus

Acrocanthosaurus seems to be in the mode these days hey like T-Rex & Triceratops were in the mode during the 80's hehe

radman

Therizinosaurs:

CollectA takes the cake here, no doubt.  The Nothronychus was cool enough, but the new Theri is tremendous.

Paleomaster's Theri looks interesting enough, but I have no idea where or how to get it.

postsaurischian

My vote for the Dinotales version. But I also like the one from Yujin and the Carnegie Beipiaosaurus is also a favourite of mine :-\ ;D.
The Paleomaster model does indeed look cool. Urzeitshop has it, but that's just a German address.

robustus_

Awesome collection - love the big Acrocanthosaurus group.

brontodocus

Hehe, I've just noticed your DOC Therizinosaurus perfectly matches with your red and black customization of "Devil Hans"! >:D

Oh Lord, won't you buy me a T-rex by Krentz? My friends all have Sideshow, I must make amends.

arominger

wow it does thats pretty funny nice little collection of Therizino's ;D

Bokisaurus

Great collection! Ya, did not know that there were that many acro ;D Now, you just need to chase down that Salvat one (looks like the Battat) >:D

Libraraptor

Welcome back Radman, good to see you again! Did you paint the Safari Therizinosaurus red / black yourself?

Gwangi

I love the Therizinosaur group shot. Looks like you still need the "Great Dinosaurs" model by Safari.

radman

Last week I got the latest issue of Prehistoric Times magazine, and was thrilled to see my own personal Acrocanthosaurus featured as the paint-up of the quarter!  I built up the kit by Jon Rader, and Steve Demarco did a great job with the painting.  Please contact either at raderstudios.com/contact.html or [email protected], and get your dino kit featured in PT as well  8)!

;D

postsaurischian

:D  Wow, cool! It IS an awesome Paintjob (and model)!

Hm, I've been trying to order a Rader model for some weeks now, but don't even get a positive answer if it's still available.
I'm thinking about other models now.

radman

Quote from: postsaurischian on May 13, 2012, 08:51:00 PM

Hm, I've been trying to order a Rader model for some weeks now, but don't even get a positive answer if it's still available.

Thanks!  BTW, you can get this guy and others from Dan - he has them in stock ;).

postsaurischian

Quote from: radman on May 14, 2012, 10:26:47 AM
Quote from: postsaurischian on May 13, 2012, 08:51:00 PM

Thanks!  BTW, you can get this guy and others from Dan - he has them in stock ;).

I did order it from Dan.
Unfortunately not everything that is listed as 'in stock' really is (and he doesn't seem to get an answer from Jonathan).

radman

The Krentz Shapeways 1:144 Collection:

A friend or three have tagged along just for fun.

radman

The Krentz 1:72 Antediluvia and Shapeways Collection:

As with the 1:144 collection, a few friends joined in.

The Utahraptor and non-dinosaurs will be shown later (Utah has a broken arm, and the rest are mostly tiny, except for the Tylo). Oh yeah, and I will likely get a 1:72 Ekrixinatosaurus eventually.  There's one in the 1:144 set. ;)

Support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these links are affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.