News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

Radman's Collection

Started by radman, March 24, 2012, 12:53:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

radman

Not generally a big Ceratopsian collector, although I guess I have all the standard stuff.  Anyway here's my haul of non-Triceratops/Torosaurus/Styracosaurus and Protoceratopsians:

Looking forward to the Diablos next year. ^-^

brontodocus

Wow, Christian, that Antediluvia Achelousaurus is tiny indeed! :o I guess I haven't seen it in a comparison shot before (or it slipped unnoticed for its, well, tinyness?). One more thing: I had already seen your Antediluvia Apatosaurus in your thread on DTF v.1 but didn't realize it has blue markings on the neck. I assume it's Martin Garrat's work? It looks wonderful, do you have an individual photo of it (shame on me, I was even browsing your posts right now to see if I find one, yes, I've been caught stalking :o ;D )?

Oh Lord, won't you buy me a T-rex by Krentz? My friends all have Sideshow, I must make amends.

amargasaurus cazaui

If he is referring the large Sauropod in the diorama at center, I too would love to see that one again. I am unsure, if you had posted it before? Could we get another look at the fella or tell me where it is already posted please?
Authors with varying competence have suggested dinosaurs disappeared because of meteorites...God's will, raids by little green hunters in flying saucers, lack of standing room in Noah's Ark, and palaeoweltschmerz—Glenn Jepsen

brontodocus

I mean the one in the middle of this photo:
Quote from: radman on October 08, 2012, 09:23:40 PM
The Krentz 1:72 Antediluvia and Shapeways Collection:

It's also here: http://dinotoyforum.proboards.com/index.cgi?action=display&board=art&thread=3041&page=7#122035 but it just hit me in the recent photo here! :)

Oh Lord, won't you buy me a T-rex by Krentz? My friends all have Sideshow, I must make amends.

radman

Quote from: brontodocus on October 10, 2012, 07:32:59 PM
Wow, Christian, that Antediluvia Achelousaurus is tiny indeed! :o I guess I haven't seen it in a comparison shot before (or it slipped unnoticed for its, well, tinyness?). One more thing: I had already seen your Antediluvia Apatosaurus in your thread on DTF v.1 but didn't realize it has blue markings on the neck. I assume it's Martin Garrat's work? It looks wonderful, do you have an individual photo of it (shame on me, I was even browsing your posts right now to see if I find one, yes, I've been caught stalking :o ;D )?

Yes, it's Martin's work.  I'll try to put up a few more shots of it this weekend.  ;)

alexeratops

Quote from: radman on October 10, 2012, 07:18:44 PM
Not generally a big Ceratopsian collector, although I guess I have all the standard stuff.  Anyway here's my haul of non-Triceratops/Torosaurus/Styracosaurus and Protoceratopsians:

Looking forward to the Diablos next year. ^-^

My fav is the one all the way to the left! Yes, i'm also looking forward to the Dioblos too! ;D
like a bantha!

radman

My Max Salas collection:

Ouranosaurus, Corythosaurus, Dicraeosaurus and Omeisaurus.
Wish I'd gotten more when they were still readily available, but I'm happy to at least have these.  Maybe someday Max will retire from his architecture business and make more models for us to enjoy.  8)

brontodocus

They're brilliant! :) Don't remember if I have ever seen the Omeisaurus before.

radman

The annual migration:

This time a woolly rhino and her calves (one of which is an albino  ;)) accompany the proboscideans.  They will dominate the top of the piano wasteland for weeks on end, until my long suffering wife decides to it's time to put up her nativity scene.  :)

radman

Quote from: brontodocus on October 28, 2012, 09:48:35 AM
They're brilliant! :) Don't remember if I have ever seen the Omeisaurus before.

Thanks, the Omei is the only one I've ever seen and I'm fortunate to have it.  It has an amazingly large head and neck for a creature of its size.  I've only primed it, and am still on the fence if I should have it pro-painted or attempt it myself...
Anyway, Bronto, I now recall you asked to see more shots of the Apatosaurus, so here are two more:

^-^

postsaurischian

Quote from: radman on October 30, 2012, 08:29:45 PM

:D  Awesome Antediluvian Apatosaurus! I like the fine moss it's standing on.

brontodocus

Ah, thanks Christian! :) So the light blue isn't completely restricted to the neck then. It's a lovely paintwork indeed and it looks simply great outside on the moss! ^-^

Jetoar

[Off Nick and Eddie's reactions to the dinosaurs] Oh yeah "Ooh, aah", that's how it always starts. But then there's running and screaming.

{about the T-Rex) When he sees us with his kid isn't he gonna be like "you"!?

My website: Paleo-Creatures
My website's facebook: Paleo-Creatures

radman

Attention Mammoth fans!
So, as I now have the piano top for a month (see previous entries), I'm wondering  several things:
What would be a good predator to theoretically menace these guys on their trek, apart from humans, of course.
Is there a decent snowcat or cave lion model out there somewhere?  If not, which Papo Safari, BullyL, or whatever would be most suitable for repainting in a winter scheme, esp. sizewise? 
Lastly, I LOVE the Paleocraft Mammoth kit by Sean Cooper, it appears to be 1:20, while most of my models are about 1:24, according to the BullyL model at least.  Would it fit in with the herd, or is it way too big?  A little bit big would be ok, obviously, making it the old matriarch, but twice as big wouldn't look right, would it?
Lastly, the new forum picture format makes it seem that anything posted goes to a certain size limit, which limits viewing options, plus, there's no zoom feature?
Just wondering.

Bokisaurus

Himmapaan

Quote from: radman on November 03, 2012, 08:17:55 PM
Lastly, the new forum picture format makes it seem that anything posted goes to a certain size limit, which limits viewing options, plus, there's no zoom feature?
Just wondering.

Pictures are automatically resized to 800 pixels wide to fit threads (and have been so from early on, it isn't a new feature :) ), but clicking the bar above each picture will open it in a new tab to its full size as uploaded to your host.

postsaurischian

Quote from: radman on November 03, 2012, 08:17:55 PM
Lastly, I LOVE the Paleocraft Mammoth kit by Sean Cooper, it appears to be 1:20, while most of my models are about 1:24, according to the BullyL model at least.  Would it fit in with the herd, or is it way too big?  A little bit big would be ok, obviously, making it the old matriarch, but twice as big wouldn't look right, would it?

I guess the Paleocraft Mammoth is too big for the rest of your herd, but why not ;D?
I took a comparison pic of it with the Papo Mammoth, which I is probably the largest on top of the piano wasteland:

Jetoar

Oh, Paleocraft mammoth is very big! I like it.
[Off Nick and Eddie's reactions to the dinosaurs] Oh yeah "Ooh, aah", that's how it always starts. But then there's running and screaming.

{about the T-Rex) When he sees us with his kid isn't he gonna be like "you"!?

My website: Paleo-Creatures
My website's facebook: Paleo-Creatures

radman

Thanks for the nice comparison pic, Helge.  Maybe next year will see a new leader of the herd! 8)

radman

My youngest recently had a birthday, and wanted an aquarium, so I set it up for her.  While the water was seasoning for a few days prior to adding fish, I couldn't help having a little fun with it:

Devil's aquarium!

Support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these links are affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.