News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

Radman's Collection

Started by radman, March 24, 2012, 12:53:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gwangi

Very cool. I've thought about doing something similar but my aquariums still have fish in them. What kind of fish did you end up getting?

SBell

Despite my horror at seeing Dinotales in water (long-term exposure will damage the paint) it is still pretty cool.

I just hope that you added something to season the water, or it'll just be clean water running through until the first fish get there, starting the nitrogen cycle (yay! 10 years of pet-store experience and another 15 of personal keeping).

Libraraptor

morrijos

Quote from: radman on October 30, 2012, 08:15:06 PM
The annual migration:

This time a woolly rhino and her calves (one of which is an albino  ;)) accompany the proboscideans.  They will dominate the top of the piano wasteland for weeks on end, until my long suffering wife decides to it's time to put up her nativity scene.  :)

Are you missing the Safari Missing Links Mammoth (rather ironic...)? 

radman

Actually, the missing links Mammo and calf didn't make the cut - I think I sold them some time ago.  I dunno, didn't think they were worthy.  I have some other mammoths as well not shown, same problem.  I do hope to get the Paleocraft matriarch to lead the herd this year, though.

radman

Thanks guys; well it's a little girl's aquarium, so, I got her some red and gold Platys and a blue Betta - kids always want to get a betta 'cause they feel sorry for it being in the tiny little bowls they're displayed in.  Anyway, will get a scalare or two and some cory cats eventually.  Will post updates!

ajax

Quote from: radman on February 08, 2013, 12:58:07 AM
Thanks guys; well it's a little girl's aquarium, so, I got her some red and gold Platys and a blue Betta - kids always want to get a betta 'cause they feel sorry for it being in the tiny little bowls they're displayed in.  Anyway, will get a scalare or two and some cory cats eventually.  Will post updates!

I always buy Betta's for the same reason.  :))

SBell

The Betta will be much less happy in a large space with other fish nipping at its fins. Keep an eye on it!

radman

Being a poor swimmer, the betta has already figured out what part of the aquarium has the least water turbulence, and has set up shop there.  It frightens away any platys that come close and seems pretty happy!

ajax

Quote from: SBell on February 08, 2013, 01:32:46 AM

The Betta will be much less happy in a large space with other fish nipping at its fins. Keep an eye on it!

The Betta should be fine with Platy's, I have 2 six foot tanks and a 3 foot tank all with a Betta in each plus many, many different fish none of which have ever bothered my Betta's.

SBell

Quote from: ajax on February 08, 2013, 01:42:50 AM
Quote from: SBell on February 08, 2013, 01:32:46 AM

The Betta should be fine with Platy's, I have 2 six foot tanks and a 3 foot tank all with a Betta in each plus many, many different fish none of which have ever bothered my Betta's.
It depends on the space--if it's small enough (can't tell from the photo), nippy fish will find the long-finned ones more easily. I'd be more wary of the scalare or several tetras or barbs than platys though.

radman

FYI for any aqua-enthusiasts: I bought  the 10 gallon starter kit at Wal-Mart for 29.95 USD (tank, hood, pretty nice power filter and some accessories); the exact same thing was selling at PetSmart for 59.99 USD, that's more than double the price!  Of course, I didn't buy any fish at WM, I recommend getting fish at a real aquarium store, where they know what they're doing.

radman

No worries - I'm experienced with aquaculture; freshwater at least - I've raised everything from gouramis to angelfish.  It's just my little kid's aquarium, no fin-nipping tetras or barbs are invited!

radman

T I have 2 six foot tanks and a 3 foot tank all with a Betta in each plus many, many different fish none of which have ever bothered my Betta's.

Please show us some pics of your aquariums when you get a chance, would love to see them! :D

radman

Quote from: SBell on February 07, 2013, 07:15:04 PM
Despite my horror at seeing Dinotales in water (long-term exposure will damage the paint) it is still pretty cool.

I just hope that you added something to season the water, or it'll just be clean water running through until the first fish get there, starting the nitrogen cycle (yay! 10 years of pet-store experience and another 15 of personal keeping).

No worries - I only had the dinotales in the water for a short time.  I really wanted to put my prize mosasaurs, i.e., Dinonikes' tylo and CG's Prognathodon in for some pics, but I was worried both the paint would smear or would release toxins into the water. Anyway

radman

ajax

Quote from: radman on February 08, 2013, 02:09:54 AM

T I have 2 six foot tanks and a 3 foot tank all with a Betta in each plus many, many different fish none of which have ever bothered my Betta's.

Please show us some pics of your aquariums when you get a chance, would love to see them! :D

I posted them once before or at least 1 of the 6 foot tanks, check the 'got fish' thread. Actually it might be on the old version 1 DTF which you still should be able to see. I will try and find my photos and re-post here.
I won't ruin your thread by posting here I will post them in the pets thread. I found one pic here on my work computer, Its old and the tank has changed a bit but its the nicer of my 6 footers, full of plants, you can't actually see any fish in the pic but there are many in there, mainly loaches and catfish but there is more now, I will get new photo's over the weekend. The other tank has gourami's which are my fav's and more catfish and some sharks and a big knife fish.

radman

Wow almost 4(!) years ago I posted my first collection pics - I started with small tyrannosaurs:

http://dinotoyforum.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=collections&action=display&thread=1530&page=1

Now, though I kinda avoid collecting them, because they are so ubiquitous, I have still managed to accumulate another shelf full of (mostly) new tyrants and prototyrants:

This isn't even counting my resin gorgos and young rexes from Galileo, Fauna Cast's and Papo's T.rexes, Shanes Foulkes' and CollectA's Tarbos and probably several others. ::)

I'm gonna need a bigger house!

ZoPteryx

That's an awesome tyrannosaur collection! :o

What's the brown and white one to the left of the Yutyrannus?

radman

Been modifying the Viechertank (Beast tank):

It's a little busy...

:))

Support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these links are affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.