News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

Radman's Collection

Started by radman, March 24, 2012, 12:53:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Simon

Try removing the mirror and replacing it with an generic aquatic poster print.

Might look less busy then.   ::) ::) ::)

Libraraptor

I like the expression "Viechertank" ;-)
I would not put my hand in there for sure, don´t want to live with a single hand for the rest of my life!

radman

Top o' the bookshelf:

I really need to get these guys finished and painted...
Still, a good conversation piece.  :))

Zhuchengotyrant

Quote from: radman on February 07, 2013, 05:41:31 PM
My youngest recently had a birthday, and wanted an aquarium, so I set it up for her.  While the water was seasoning for a few days prior to adding fish, I couldn't help having a little fun with it:

Devil's aquarium!
Don't do that! The rubber goes out and then the pH level is out of wack!
-Zhuchengotyrant

radman

Some new Faunacasts models arrived recently:

Ceratosaurus:

With CollectA Camptosaurus - so perfect!

Suchomimus:

Another pair of really nice theropods for the collection by Malcolm.  ^-^

Libraraptor

radman

Thanks, Libra!  Having recently received the Faunacasts wicked cool Mastodon, thought I would show my group of prehistoric elephants (mammoths not included  ;))  Really wish I  had that Kaiyodo UHA Platybelodon.  Anyone up for a trade?
Anyway, here's the gang of tuskers:

radman

Also, I visited the Smithsonian this summer; there is of course this amazing African elephant in the main concourse:

There was an elephant exhibit on the second floor, including these gems of, I'm guessing, bronze 1:35 models of all kinds of pachyderms:

Good thing they were bronze models bolted to the woodwork,  'cause I certainly would have like to take  a few home with me.  Unfortunately, nothing like this was sold in the gift shop :(.

I have plenty more pics of the rest of the museum that I will put up eventually, dinos, mammals, dioramas, whatever, and I will put them in the appropriate places.  Fossils and bones are always cool, but the dioramas were pretty weak and 30-40 years out of date - still they bring in the crowds, and the museum is free.  Be sure to check it out if you're ever in DC. ;D

radman

Spinosaurus Aegyptiacus

"I believe implicitly that every young man in the world is fascinated with either sharks or dinosaurs."
-Peter Benchley

postsaurischian

:) Lovely Elephants, Chris.
..... and I love those bronzes from DC. An affordable series like this (plastic, resin ...) would be irresistible for me.
The Gomphotherium looks a bit like the one from Bullyland.

tyrantqueen

QuoteWhere did you get the new Sucho? It looks amazing.
Are you referring to the large, white model? That is made by Galileo Hernandez, of Geenemodels.com. Good luck getting any orders from that site however... :-X

radman

The Deinotherium  is the clear winner in this group for sheer awesomeness, although all of the models were pretty cool.  Sorry I couldn't get any other angles; only  Spiderman could have gotten the other side!

Libraraptor

Weren´t at least some of these great bronze pachyderm figures, ehm, let´s say, "removable"?  :)) ;D

Takama

Quote from: radman on November 25, 2013, 06:56:18 PM
Thanks, Libra!  Having recently received the Faunacasts wicked cool Mastodon, thought I would show my group of prehistoric elephants (mammoths not included  ;))  Really wish I  had that Kaiyodo UHA Platybelodon.  Anyone up for a trade?
Anyway, here's the gang of tuskers:

Alright if I ask a identity question?  What's that model at the lower right

radman

sauroid

is it possible to have this thread pinned as a form of a radman memorial? we are going to miss the progression of this thread.
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

Yutyrannus

Quote from: sauroid on February 03, 2014, 01:26:29 PM
is it possible to have this thread pinned as a form of a radman memorial? we are going to miss the progression of this thread.
That's a really good idea. I think it should be.

"The world's still the same. There's just less in it."

amargasaurus cazaui

In a broader sense, always thought it would be a great feature if you could click on a member's name and have the ability to pull up a list of threads originated by that member specifically
Authors with varying competence have suggested dinosaurs disappeared because of meteorites...God's will, raids by little green hunters in flying saucers, lack of standing room in Noah's Ark, and palaeoweltschmerz—Glenn Jepsen

DinoToyForum

Lovely idea. Topic 'stickied'.

Support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these links are affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.