Author Topic: irimali's dinosaur art  (Read 12088 times)

Halichoeres

• Social media team
  • Ultimate survivor
  • Ichthyologist, illustrator, urbanist
    • View Profile
  • Dinosaur: Santanichthys
Re: irimali's dinosaur art
« Reply #140 on: January 04, 2019, 08:30:17 PM »
Those are wonderful! What is the material?
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My collection: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=3390.0

My trade/sale/wishlist thread: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=3299.0

eBay: http://www.ebay.com/sch/bookhuntingtim6o9c/m.html?_nkw=&_armrs=1&_ipg=&_from=

Bokisaurus

• Global Moderator
  • Silurian survivor
    • View Profile
  • Dinosaur: Amargasaurus
« Reply #141 on: January 04, 2019, 10:19:10 PM »
I absolutely love these especially the Gharial! Awesome!

Neosodon

• Precambrian survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: January 05, 2019, 01:10:08 AM »
Those are some very well done models. Would be neat to see how they are made.

"3,000 km to the south, the massive comet crashes into Earth. The light from the impact fades in silence. Then the shock waves arrive. Next comes the blast front. Finally a rain of molten rock starts to fall out of the darkening sky - this is the end of the age of the dinosaurs. The Comet struck the Gulf of Mexico with the force of 10 billion Hiroshima bombs. And with the catastrophic climate changes that followed 65% of all life died out. It took millions of years for the earth to recover but when it did the giant dinosaurs were gone - never to return." - WWD

Ravonium

• Cambrian survivor
  • Then they came for the dinosaur models...
    • View Profile
  • Dinosaur: Nestor notabilis
« Reply #143 on: January 05, 2019, 12:14:45 PM »
Those are amazing, especially the sunbittern, which is a very unique choice of bird!
"...And their testimony described giant feather covered monsters that devoured people whole.

Shonisaurus

• Ultimate survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: January 09, 2019, 05:46:11 PM »
The gharial is awesome. By the way, the gharial, although fortunately it is a crocodile that still exists among us, reminds me of the extinct phytosaurs of the late Triassic period.

Mamasaurus

• View Profile
    • Pete's Paleo Petshop
  • Dinosaur: Parasaurolophus cyrtocristatus
« Reply #145 on: January 09, 2019, 07:22:17 PM »
Wow! Absolutely gorgeous work! Since I have four young children, I'm particularly partial to the adorable sauropod relief and stuffed raptor. If possible, I would buy a few of those from you! :D

My chickens as the raptors they seem to think they are.  :P

Images copyrite to Mamasaurus

irimali

• View Profile
    • my flickr page
« Reply #146 on: February 05, 2019, 04:51:04 AM »
Those are wonderful! What is the material?

Thank you!  These are made mostly made from cardboard, wire and paper mache.  They have to be lightweight to hang on a tree.  The smaller details on the gharial, especially on the face, were made from powdered balsa wood mixed with acrylic gesso.  The scales were acrylic molding paste piped on using cake decorating tools-a frosting tip and a parchment paper cone. 

irimali

• View Profile
    • my flickr page
« Reply #147 on: February 05, 2019, 04:55:19 AM »
Those are some very well done models. Would be neat to see how they are made.

I was pretty rushed when I made these so there aren't any progress photos.  However, I'm working on some new dinosaurs at the moment, using the same techniques and I'm taking some pics at various stages.  Now the only question is, do I post making of pics now or save these for the diorama contest? 

irimali

• View Profile
    • my flickr page
« Reply #148 on: February 05, 2019, 05:03:10 AM »
Wow! Absolutely gorgeous work! Since I have four young children, I'm particularly partial to the adorable sauropod relief and stuffed raptor. If possible, I would buy a few of those from you! :D

Thank You!  I tried selling stuffed dinosaurs on etsy a long time ago, but I'm not very efficient at making them.  They usually end up taking like 30-40 pieces for one pattern and at most I get 2 done in a year :(