News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

irimali's dinosaur art

Started by irimali, August 21, 2013, 01:00:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Halichoeres

Those are wonderful! What is the material?
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Bokisaurus

I absolutely love these especially the Gharial! Awesome!

Neosodon

Those are some very well done models. Would be neat to see how they are made.

"3,000 km to the south, the massive comet crashes into Earth. The light from the impact fades in silence. Then the shock waves arrive. Next comes the blast front. Finally a rain of molten rock starts to fall out of the darkening sky - this is the end of the age of the dinosaurs. The Comet struck the Gulf of Mexico with the force of 10 billion Hiroshima bombs. And with the catastrophic climate changes that followed 65% of all life died out. It took millions of years for the earth to recover but when it did the giant dinosaurs were gone - never to return." - WWD

Ravonium

Those are amazing, especially the sunbittern, which is a very unique choice of bird!

Shonisaurus

The gharial is awesome. By the way, the gharial, although fortunately it is a crocodile that still exists among us, reminds me of the extinct phytosaurs of the late Triassic period.

Mamasaurus

Wow! Absolutely gorgeous work! Since I have four young children, I'm particularly partial to the adorable sauropod relief and stuffed raptor. If possible, I would buy a few of those from you! :D

Images copyrite to Mamasaurus

irimali

Quote from: Halichoeres on January 04, 2019, 08:30:17 PM
Those are wonderful! What is the material?

Thank you!  These are made mostly made from cardboard, wire and paper mache.  They have to be lightweight to hang on a tree.  The smaller details on the gharial, especially on the face, were made from powdered balsa wood mixed with acrylic gesso.  The scales were acrylic molding paste piped on using cake decorating tools-a frosting tip and a parchment paper cone. 

irimali

Quote from: Neosodon on January 05, 2019, 01:10:08 AM
Those are some very well done models. Would be neat to see how they are made.

I was pretty rushed when I made these so there aren't any progress photos.  However, I'm working on some new dinosaurs at the moment, using the same techniques and I'm taking some pics at various stages.  Now the only question is, do I post making of pics now or save these for the diorama contest? 

irimali

Quote from: Mamasaurus on January 09, 2019, 07:22:17 PM
Wow! Absolutely gorgeous work! Since I have four young children, I'm particularly partial to the adorable sauropod relief and stuffed raptor. If possible, I would buy a few of those from you! :D

Thank You!  I tried selling stuffed dinosaurs on etsy a long time ago, but I'm not very efficient at making them.  They usually end up taking like 30-40 pieces for one pattern and at most I get 2 done in a year :(

Lanthanotus

Must have missed your last post due to being very busy this year... so even three quarters of a year late, those are amazing! I don't care much for christmas trees, but this makes me want one :D

irimali

Quote from: Lanthanotus on August 18, 2019, 04:09:31 PM
Must have missed your last post due to being very busy this year... so even three quarters of a year late, those are amazing! I don't care much for christmas trees, but this makes me want one :D

You can always do a halloween tree instead of christmas!  I got some eyeball and ghost lights last year so i'm hoping to get one up this fall.

Totoro

Replying to bump this thread for those that haven't had the fortune to see all of your wonderous creations, and to add my words of admiration to those of others.  You're so talented, Irimali, thanks for showing some of your amazing art! 
Old Kaiyodo chocolasaur diorama thread:
https://dinotoyforum.proboards.com/thread/3848

irimali

New art!  A little more psychedelic than I normally go. 

This was an experiment that didn't exactly turn out.  I was looking at those illusory motion pictures and trying to use the same color patterns to make it look like things are moving.  There will be more testing.

irimali

This one's from a year ago but I never got around to posting it.  Roseate spoonbill christmas ornament:

I saw some photos of spoonbills flying and their flight feathers are kinda translucent.  So of course I had to try.

Kapitaenosavrvs

Your Stuff is mindblowing. Beautiful is a word not strong enough. I really have no Idea, how i missed your Thread. Thanks for showing.

Edit: After having a look again on your wide (!) portfolio here, i have to say that i really like the trippyness in a lot of your works. A naturalistic spirituality.

Lanthanotus

Okay, you got me.... I now want a Xmas tree as your`s must look like, even it is way past Easter :D

Halichoeres

I really like that Carboniferous scene. What's that taller lycophyte in front of the Sigillaria?

Really elegant ornament, too. Well done.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

irimali

Quote from: Kapitaenosavrvs on April 27, 2021, 07:22:42 PM
Your Stuff is mindblowing. Beautiful is a word not strong enough. I really have no Idea, how i missed your Thread. Thanks for showing.

Edit: After having a look again on your wide (!) portfolio here, i have to say that i really like the trippyness in a lot of your works. A naturalistic spirituality.

Thank you!  Some of my favorite artists do some pretty trippy work :)

Quote from: Halichoeres on May 08, 2021, 10:21:45 PM
I really like that Carboniferous scene. What's that taller lycophyte in front of the Sigillaria?

Thanks!  The taller lycophyte is a young Lepidophloios, when it's just beginning to branch out but doesn't have a full crown yet.

Quote from: Lanthanotus on April 27, 2021, 07:55:45 PM
Okay, you got me.... I now want a Xmas tree as your`s must look like, even it is way past Easter :D

Thanks!  These are all for my mom's tree, but you'd probably appreciate it.  It's nothing but animals :)

irimali

Attempted carboniferous landscape with tree ferns and seed ferns.  Psaronius, neuropteris, mariopteris, plus some horsetails-sphenophyllum and calamostachys, and lepidodendron and sigillaria in the background. 

Colored pencil drawings are not easy to photograph:(

Lanthanotus

Quote from: irimali on June 17, 2021, 06:20:27 PM

Colored pencil drawings are not easy to photograph

Colored pencil isnt easy to draw in the 1st place, at least not in that quality. Phenomenal work once more irimali.

Support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these links are affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.