News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

Smithsonian Tyrannosaurus

Started by joemaf78, August 24, 2013, 06:46:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

joemaf78

First off, this site is great...very informative. I have a problem that I hope you guys can answer. I have a Smithsonian Tyrannosaurus by TYCO MIB. On your description of the Dino-Rider variant of this dino you say there is no battery compartment for the Smithsonian toys. However, mine has the battery compartment. I can't see if there are wheels under the feet since they are concealed by the inner packaging. Any thoughts?

p.s. I have a whole bunch of Smithsonian dinos MIB. The Wooly Mammoth does not have battery compartment.

Seijun

Hm. Mine has what look like a battery compartment but it is actually just a rectangle where the compartment was covered up. It is sealed. No latch, and no on/off switch. I am assuming yours actually has the latch and switch...?
My living room smells like old plastic dinosaur toys... Better than air freshener!

joemaf78

There is a larger compartment with screws under the belly, and a smaller one underneath the tail.

biniou24

On the regular T-REX (dino riders), the compartment under the belly do not have to be opened/unscrewed, because it is were the motor is hidden. :)
The compartment under the tail is the place where the battery goes.
You have some picture of the smithsonian t-rex on this blog: http://en-broc.blogspot.fr/2012/06/dinosaur-le-tyrannosaurus-rex-tyco-1993.html

You can see that it has no wheels and that there's no screw under its belly.

You said that your dino is "MIB", not "MISB", so maybe it's a dino-riders t-rex that is inside the box.

Roselaar

If you have a MIB T-Rex and it says Smithsonian instead of Dino Riders, that ought to be your answer right there. The Smithsonian Rex does have what appears to be a battery compartment on its underside, but that's just a "surgery scar", a leftover from the removal of the actual battery compartment.

Support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these links are affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.