News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

Chasmosaurus with Styracosaurus' armor

Started by markeski, September 03, 2013, 12:51:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

markeski

I just picked up a chasmosaurus, I'm currently looking for its armor as well as the other two series 3 dinos (pm me if you have them and want to part with them).  I was wandering if somebody could take a picture of the chasmosaurus wearing the styracosaurus' armor as I will be likely finding a set to use with it since tracking down the chasmo parts seems to be next to impossible.

thanks everyone

brandem

Huh, I just tried it out, doesn't look half bad, I'll upload a picture tomorrow if no one else does.

markeski

brandem

tada!

not bad, not bad, you loose that cool sniper look with the sling back cockpit of what has to be the best armor outside of the killer warthog in the third series.  but you still end up with a respectable looking DR

Jetoar

Wonderful image friend  ^-^. I like the change: same body, different armor  ^-^.
[Off Nick and Eddie's reactions to the dinosaurs] Oh yeah "Ooh, aah", that's how it always starts. But then there's running and screaming.

{about the T-Rex) When he sees us with his kid isn't he gonna be like "you"!?

My website: Paleo-Creatures
My website's facebook: Paleo-Creatures

markeski

thanks for the pic! now I really want the armor for chasmosaurus... can anyone help me out?  I got money to burn on series 3 dino riders :)

brandem

wish i did have some extras, that guy cost me close to 200 and ive seen him go for 600, same for my rulon quetzacoatlus, have you tried logging directly into the european ebays? I don't think the worldwide option on ebay us really shows everything from those sites so it may be worth breaking out the google translate.

biniou24

The same when I check in ebay US (I'm french). Because of ebay options selected when the auction was created, it'll appear (or not) on the results search screen.

Note that a lot of european dino-riders 3rd wave toys are for Germany, and that german sellers are often ok to ship worldwide, I you ask them before.

markeski

Thanks for the advice.  I've actually been looking internationally for a while.  I found the remaining series 3 guys I need but I felt they were priced a bit high at around 1200-1400 dollars for the pachyrhinosaurus and quetzalcoatlus (granted they both were boxed examples), which would not have included international shipping fees. 

I would ideally like to spend about $500-750 for those two (pending condition / loose is preferred actually as I don't collect the boxes) and maybe $50-100 for the chasmo armor I need.  If anyone out there reading this has those please hit me up I have cash in hand to deal.

brandem

markeski

Thanks brandem.  I had been trying to deal with the seller, nice guy but he's very firm on the pricing.  I was looking to spend no more then $750 total for both pieces combined (ideally they'd be loose examples as I don't leave anything in boxes, everything is displayed fully equipped in my glass cabinet).   

The pieces might be worth the $1300 he is asking to someone, I just would rather hold out for loose examples to save on the purchase (I'm sure international shipping isn't cheap either).  I think I've spent well over a couple thousand now on my complete series 1 and 2 collection, dino rider commandos and my unarmored chasmosaurus, I also picked up the 3 marvel comics and had the two vhs releases from my childhood still... my wife thinks I'm insane.  I just feel so close to the end!

brandem

yeah, i don't know why people bother with saying 'or best offer' if they are not going to flex on it, it's very annoying, yeah I'm in a similair boat, i don't collect the commandos, but i am just five pieces short of the full dino collection, fortunately i have two of the third series dinos already, but you have a complete brontosaurus? thats impressive all by itself, i see it go for 1000 dollars 95% complete or less; speaking of which do you have any scraps? oddly, I need a protoceratops, just the dino

markeski

I picked up a "near complete" brontosaurus on ebay that was missing everything but 2 rhamphynchus dinos, a missle and the wench (think I paid 300).  I managed to find the rhams and missle on ebay as loose parts but am still on the hunt for the wench.  I made contact with a toy store that allegedly has a few boxes of loose dino riders parts somewhere lost in a storage facility and I've had him searching for a couple months now.  The owner of the store bought 3 separate brontosaurus' and pieced all the odds and ends together to make a complete bronto in the box that he is selling for $1000 (still available I believe).  The extra parts are supposed to be still available, but he's yet to be able to find them since their store is undergoing a change in ownership.

As it sits not I'm missing the following pieces to complete the dino riders collection (some of these things are pretty minor):
- saurolophus' plastic bellyband with knives and the swivel peg for the chair
- the wench on brontosaurus
- struthiomimus blue radar dish
- armor for chasmosaurus
- I don't have pachyrhino, rulon quetzal, or any of the ice age mammals.  I'm also looking for dino rider's commando 'Rok' and various "repaints" of the valorians and rulons

Are we including "ice age" for our collections to be complete? I feel like I want to buy them just to have everything remotely related to the toyline.  I'm aware not all dino riders series 1-3 were actually dinosaurs, but they just have a different vibe then ice age... plus what's with the butt ugly cavemen trying to operate the controls... like they could manage to do more then grunting... maybe if they were brain-boxed.

My spare parts are all various odds and ends currently include pteranodon chair, deinonychus harness (valorian), sabertooth tiger harness/side gun, ground sloth ice shield/dome, triceratops guns, a t-rex death claw.  I don't have any spare dinos at the moment but I frequently buy parts lots to try and complete my own collection and sell or trade the spares.  If I acquire a protoceratops I'll hit you up.

markeski

p.s. what 5 pieces do you need, I might be able to help you finish your collection while I complete my own.  Likewise, if you come across anything I still need feel free to message me!

rapsi2000

Your chasmosaurus is soooo cute  do you have others of them ?

brandem

ah i am missing complete: bronto, stego, kentro, pachyrhino, and proto (have everything minus the dino and sheild piece), and right now I have the pteradactyl with the adult lladd, but if i can get ahold of the child lladd I will display a second one with the pteradactyl from the fan club, right now I don't like him just sitting there with no armor, 
and yeah I have the full ice age collection too, im focused on completeing the dinoriders set now, but after im going to start getting cadillacs and dinoriders(likely just the dinosaurs), and the smithsonian releases in their blisters, I just had a complete saurolophus for sale I will check to see if i still have one of those belts with the knives and the other scraps you need.

brandem

Quote from: rapsi2000 on September 06, 2013, 04:04:18 PM
Your chasmosaurus is soooo cute  do you have others of them ?
sadly no, they are fairly rare, but all the tyco smaller ceratopsans are quile great

markeski

Brandem if you have those saurolophus parts or anything else I listed I'd greatly appreciate it.

That seller u posted selling the quetzal is also selling a pachyrhino for the same price in box but its missing the proper valorian rider.

If you were interested in that complete bronto I mentioned I can forward you the sellers info (I felt the price was steep but we are talking complete and with the box).  Also there is a beautiful complete stegosaurus with box ending today or tommorrow in USA eBay (if you need help getting anything in the US i can assist).  Also I saw 2 protoceratops on the French eBay page included in a large loose figures lot of rulons and valorians.

brandem

thanks, sure ill take the bronto sellers info(you can pm it if you want) but i don't plan on paying retail for anything right now (perhaps if i become desperate), i think that lot with the two protos it's over 300 though too much for what i want from it im afraid, there is a stego im watching right now thats sitting aroud 66 so im probibly going to bid on it the last day, the pachyrhino is a decent price, (but of all things the rider is the easiest piece not to loose or break), and thanks ill keep you updated through pms for what i find(including any good prices on ice age) also if you have a complete sabertooth armor set i have a naked saber tooth and probibly the rider too(yeah the ice age riders look derpy but as a physical anthropologist there are so few toys linked to my profession that i am happy there are a few early humans in my favorite line)

markeski

I PM'd you the info on bronto and sabretooth.  I'm going to post a pic of my collection either today or tommorrow. It's been nice chatting with you here.  The stego you mentioned was the one I was referring to, looks like a great bargain if you can grab it for under 100.  Were you in the states or are you elsewhere?

Support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these links are affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.