News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

Dinosaur toy forum diorama contest 2013 - poll now open!

Started by DinoToyForum, September 05, 2013, 11:24:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pick your top FIVE dioramas.

1. In deep water
5 (4.9%)
2. The lost world
36 (35%)
3. Dinner guest
3 (2.9%)
4. Cretaceous expedition
4 (3.9%)
5. Meeting at the river
11 (10.7%)
6. Patience is a virtue
11 (10.7%)
7. Cruel sea
25 (24.3%)
8. Three angry chicks at work
42 (40.8%)
9. The hunt
10 (9.7%)
10. Asserting his territory
11 (10.7%)
11. Up the river
12 (11.7%)
12. Vagaceratops at sunset
17 (16.5%)
13. Sic semper tyrannis [Down with the tyrant]
26 (25.2%)
14. Dreams of sailing
13 (12.6%)
15. The awakening of rapier teeth starts upon the last rays of the sun
3 (2.9%)
16. Youth gone wild
12 (11.7%)
17. Dancing with death
7 (6.8%)
18. Supremacy in the Jurassic - Brachiosaurus Vs Allosaurus
11 (10.7%)
19. Fatal attraction
21 (20.4%)
20. Get off my back, it's bedtime!
5 (4.9%)
21. Tiny giant
16 (15.5%)
22. Theropod showdown
10 (9.7%)
23. Swamp monster
2 (1.9%)
24. Spying the new girl in neighborhood
2 (1.9%)
25. Hidden in the bushes
4 (3.9%)
26. Desert of the titans
3 (2.9%)
27. Carno's charge at the creek
2 (1.9%)
28. Siesta
25 (24.3%)
29. Multispinus mudbathers
12 (11.7%)
30. Is everything right at the rear?
1 (1%)
31. The meeting
4 (3.9%)
32. Flying low in the Cretaceous
5 (4.9%)
33. Bird's eye view
3 (2.9%)
34. A day off at the bar
8 (7.8%)
35. Grandeur
19 (18.4%)
36. Snack time
8 (7.8%)
37. Dinosaur eggs
8 (7.8%)
38. Dinosaur group
10 (9.7%)

Total Members Voted: 103

Voting closed: October 05, 2013, 11:24:29 PM

DinoToyForum

It is time! Voting for the Dinosaur Toy Forum Diorama Contest 2013, sponsored by Safari Ltd, is now open! The poll will run for 30 days and you can vote for your top five entries. The entries, of course, remain anonymous, so please don't give the game away: no hints, clues, or discussion about who each diorama might belong to. Otherwise, discussion of the entries is more than welcome!

You can vote for yourself, it isn't against the rules, but that wouldn't be very sporting now, would it?  :P The forum rules and details of how the prizes will be allocated are here: http://www.dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php/topic,1360.0.html

Many thanks to all of the participants, you've made this the biggest contest yet! And thanks to everyone for taking the time to vote! And thanks to our very kind sponsor, Safari Ltd.

The dioramas are as follows (there are a lot of entires so please be patient for them all to load). Enjoy!:

1. In deep water

2. The lost world

3. Dinner guest

4. Cretaceous expedition

5. Meeting at the river

6. Patience is a virtue

7. Cruel sea

8. Three angry chicks at work

9. The hunt

10. Asserting his territory

11. Up the river

12. Vagaceratops at sunset

13. Sic semper tyrannis [Down with the tyrant]

14. Dreams of sailing

15. The awakening of rapier teeth starts upon the last rays of the sun

16. Youth gone wild

17. Dancing with death

18. Supremacy in the Jurassic - Brachiosaurus Vs Allosaurus

19. Fatal attraction

20. Get off my back, it's bedtime!

21. Tiny giant

22. Theropod showdown

23. Swamp monster

24. Spying the new girl in neighborhood

25. Hidden in the bushes

26. Desert of the titans

27. Carno's charge at the creek

28. Siesta

29. Multispinus mudbathers

30. Is everything right at the rear?

31. The meeting

32. Flying low in the Cretaceous

33. Bird's eye view

34. A day off at the bar

35. Grandeur

36. Snack time

37. Dinosaur eggs

38. Dinosaur group

DinoToyForum

I felt the title of number six was quite appropriate as I was putting this poll together! :))

DinoLord

Ikessauro

Wow, what a great selection of dioramas! Great work everyone, I already voted. Wasn't easy to choose only 5!

Bokisaurus

Wonderful! Impressive effort everyone! Great to see so many dioramas and see everyone's different styles. Good luck to all who participated :)

Megalosaurus

Hi.
Very good entries. I'm happy that some of the younger members share their dioramas here. Good luck to everyone.
By the way. What model is used in diorama #28 Siesta? It's in a very unusual pose.
If i comment in every diorama, this post will be so long. So i just have a few words of some of them. These does not reflect my votes (maybe one or two).

#2 Stop motion nostalgia invades me. 
#13 & #18 nice battle twists.
#25 I believe those schleich are good pieces specially the Macrauchenia.
#38 Love this one. I'm a megalosaurus, may i join the party?

Sobreviviendo a la extinción!!!

tyrantqueen

Quote from: Megalosaurus on September 06, 2013, 12:34:07 AM
Hi.
Very good entries. I'm happy that some of the younger members share their dioramas here. Good luck to everyone.
By the way. What model is used in diorama #28 Siesta? It's in a very unusual pose.
If i comment in every diorama, this post will be so long. So i just have a few words of some of them. These does not reflect my votes (maybe one or two).

#2 Stop motion nostalgia invades me. 
#13 & #18 nice battle twists.
#25 I believe those schleich are good pieces specially the Macrauchenia.
#38 Love this one. I'm a megalosaurus, may i join the party?
I believe it's a model kit from either Horizon or Kaiyodo, of the JP Tyrannosaurus. I can't remember which.

Is it a bad thing that I can tell who some of these were submitted by from the figures and style of photography?  :-[ :-X Don't worry I won't say a word.

FUTABA

I love the creativity in some of these. Definitely going to enter the next competition.
I really really like blue things.

Balaur

Wow! That was difficult to choose only five! Really great entries. I'm upset that I didn;t enter this year, but I'll try next year. Great diversity, and great new ideas! I love them! I love Fatal Attraction, because the animals look like their moving and like they are actually alive. The colours of teh hadrosaur and tyrannosaurs in Youth gone wild is also wonderful. Good luck everyone!

amargasaurus cazaui

The diversity of the entries is quite surprising !! Lots of gorgeous shots there to choose from, very nice and congratulations to everyone that placed an entry. I am excited to see how it all plays out and will enjoy the amazing work in the meantime.
Authors with varying competence have suggested dinosaurs disappeared because of meteorites...God's will, raids by little green hunters in flying saucers, lack of standing room in Noah's Ark, and palaeoweltschmerz—Glenn Jepsen

Takama

WOW Im glad I did not enter, I would not have hope in sanity going against all of those strong ones

Gwangi

Great entries everyone! It was difficult picking the top five, wish we could have had ten! Also, it is really punishing that we cannot see the poll results!

sauroid

great entries, was difficult picking the five best (for me). one is truly an obvious winner
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

Turret

Tough competition indeed, have to examine each one carefully before casting my votes.

Brontozaurus

A lot of really good ones this year! It's interesting how many of them use water in some way.
"Uww wuhuhuhuh HAH HAWR HA HAWR."
-Ian Malcolm

My collection! UPDATED 21.03.2020: Dungeons & Dinosaurs!

DinoToyForum

Quote from: Gwangi on September 06, 2013, 05:01:55 AM
Great entries everyone! It was difficult picking the top five, wish we could have had ten! Also, it is really punishing that we cannot see the poll results!

Yes, it will be a big surprise who wins!

Libraraptor

So many contributions this year, well done everyone, tough choice, but I made my choice.

CityRaptor

Quote from: dinotoyforum on September 06, 2013, 09:12:33 AM

I think it is ultimately for the better. If we knew before which one has the most votes so far, we would probably be more likely to vote for that one aswell.
Choices were indeed tough. Good thing we can vote as much as 5. Just one would have been impossible to chose.
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

Concavenator

It wasn't easy to vote for me  ;)
I really wouldn't have any chance against these amazing dioramas,guys  ^-^

Gwangi

Quote from: CityRaptor on September 06, 2013, 10:10:51 AM
Quote from: dinotoyforum on September 06, 2013, 09:12:33 AM

I think it is ultimately for the better. If we knew before which one has the most votes so far, we would probably be more likely to vote for that one aswell.
Choices were indeed tough. Good thing we can vote as much as 5. Just one would have been impossible to chose.

Oh I agree, but waiting to see the results is gonna be hard.

Support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these links are affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.