News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

New Dino-Riders on the horizon?

Started by Brontozaurus, February 09, 2020, 09:56:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Appalachiosaurus on March 02, 2020, 08:49:18 PM
Exciting! But I don't even have to look at the prices to know I won't be able to afford these. And doesn't Mattel own the rights to Dino Riders? How does the legality of the project work?

Quote from: Loon on March 02, 2020, 05:10:06 PM
For some reason I thought they were making action figures too, oh well. That's a nice pteranodon though.

Action Figures will probably be very far down the line, if they're happening at all.

They just have to license the use from Mattel, who may only have rights for toys, not statues or collectibles..unsure on that one.

I don't see any reason to assume the figures aren't happening, it was just announced.  They could possibly use David's existing super poseable figures and create armor for them?

Appalachiosaurus

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on March 02, 2020, 09:12:24 PM
Exciting! But I don't even have to look at the prices to know I won't be able to afford these. And doesn't Mattel own the rights to Dino Riders? How does the legality of the project work?

For some reason I thought they were making action figures too, oh well. That's a nice pteranodon though.

Action Figures will probably be very far down the line, if they're happening at all.

They just have to license the use from Mattel, who may only have rights for toys, not statues or collectibles..unsure on that one.

I don't see any reason to assume the figures aren't happening, it was just announced.  They could possibly use David's existing super poseable figures and create armor for them?

Well the quote says they are in "early talks", which basically means nothing has been written or signed yet. It's very possible it'll fall through, anything from David not liking the pay to MV Studios changing their minds. Until we get some official confirmation, it might be best not to get too excited.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Appalachiosaurus on March 02, 2020, 10:15:02 PM
Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on March 02, 2020, 09:12:24 PM

Well the quote says they are in "early talks", which basically means nothing has been written or signed yet. It's very possible it'll fall through, anything from David not liking the pay to MV Studios changing their minds. Until we get some official confirmation, it might be best not to get too excited.

I mean glass half full is just as good as half empty, David said he was talking with them.  I'm happy with really nice high end statues as well. Mainly I would focus on the dino/character combo pieces, not just dinosaurs and not just Valorians and Rulons. 
I don't really get excited anymore, there could be a million dollars on my door step and  I would wonder what the catch is..lol

CityRaptor

Yep, first we should see how this develops.  As for Action Figures, weell, I guess Mattel would probably not make any soon, given that they have the Jurassic license, which makes them more money. The name Dino Riders is currently used for a series of Hot Wheels:
https://hotwheels.fandom.com/wiki/Dino_Riders
It works for some of them work better than others...
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

Tylosaurus

Well this is quite the surprise, never expected seeing a DR Revival project even many have passed none of them really came out.
So I will remain rather curious to how this one will go, that 3D Rendered art of Serena is definitively amazing looking that be true.

But then again that Ptera doesn't really look like the original Ptera we all know from 1987, or how the Armor is attached to the Ptera figure for that part alone.

But okay new concept some new changes I could accept that< Serena on the other hand looks lifelike, even it's a computer rendered image.

Yeah I will surely look in to this more often :)
David Silva is a friend of mine, I know him since Dan LoRusso

And I met and he was one of my admins of my community at Facebook, well great to see new development for this then <3

Blade-of-the-Moon

seems to be on hold pending licensing issues now

Tylosaurus

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on March 23, 2020, 02:40:13 AM
Yea and we all know how long that can take as well ...
But hey if this idea finally does work out, better late than never too right? 8)

So far seeing is believing, but I do have some good news I got in contact with my friend dinoridersworld.com aka Ted N. after like 6 years man and things are looking great!
Cant spoil much for you guys here though, but I can say he is doing healthy and well,anyways the DR Website is getting a sweet overhaul and things are really turning out better than I expected.

if any updates do happen I'll post about it when ever I get the get go :)

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Tylosaurus on April 01, 2020, 12:57:25 AM
Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on March 23, 2020, 02:40:13 AM
Yea and we all know how long that can take as well ...
But hey if this idea finally does work out, better late than never too right? 8)

So far seeing is believing, but I do have some good news I got in contact with my friend dinoridersworld.com aka Ted N. after like 6 years man and things are looking great!
Cant spoil much for you guys here though, but I can say he is doing healthy and well,anyways the DR Website is getting a sweet overhaul and things are really turning out better than I expected.

if any updates do happen I'll post about it when ever I get the get go :)

Nice!

Tylosaurus

Yea I did get worried for ted, I known him since day one he and I ran the Dino-Riders forums and we kind of combined idea's for our forums, now he wants to make a voice call with me and Ted & I will plan new idea's for the Dino-Riders Website and maybe other new things.

We'll let our minds do some work on things, I will keep ya updated Chris.

p.s I hope ya been doing well bud, been ages I heard from ya, or anyone from this place

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Tylosaurus on April 02, 2020, 01:40:45 PM
Yea I did get worried for ted, I known him since day one he and I ran the Dino-Riders forums and we kind of combined idea's for our forums, now he wants to make a voice call with me and Ted & I will plan new idea's for the Dino-Riders Website and maybe other new things.

We'll let our minds do some work on things, I will keep ya updated Chris.

p.s I hope ya been doing well bud, been ages I heard from ya, or anyone from this place

Not too bad, just very, very busy anymore.

Dinoguy2

I'm sure this has been mentioned before, but I have no idea why Mattel is not combining DinoRiders with their MegaConstrux line. They even have a He-Man sub line at the moment, and DR would lend itself much better to the buildable vibe while still basically being action figures. The Construx figures are even about the same size as the DR human/alien figures but with much more customization and articulation.
The Carnegie Collection Dinosaur Archive - http://www.dinosaurmountain.net

Tylosaurus

Nothing beats the original concepts tbh, same with He-Man, Transformers, G.I Joe, Star Wars and other  V9iintage genres.

Personally I am not so fond of all the Japanese flashy style toys there are on the market today, the quality of toys from the 1980's can't be touched, the quality of new-gen toys of today is just depressing, David Silva's Mesozoic toy line is on the other hand fantastic, but if one doesn't want all those joints it's a hard choice.

It would be nice if new DR's would use the same build style of the 1980's, that way the series will maintain the original look & concept, for us DR Collectors that would be the ultimate.
But this concept has come by so many times that a new DR toyline would be made and so far no real good results have passed or left alone been made a thing, as in serious production etc.

High hopes from my end.

Support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these links are affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.