News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

Safari Ltd - new for 2014

Started by Everything_Dinosaur, September 03, 2013, 08:20:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Everything_Dinosaur

[Edited to updated the images - Admin]

Our first images of the Wild Safari Dinos range from Safari Ltd, there are going to be four model introductions in 2014 into this not to scale range by Safari Ltd, we discussed the dinosaurs Monolophosaurus, Suchomimus and the Pachyrhinosaurus a few days ago, they are going to be joined by a Carcharodon megalodon.

The prototypes we saw were painted a blueish hue, similar to the paint colour on the Wild Safari Gryposaurus that was introduced this year.

We will post up more updates and information when we (Everything Dinosaur) get them, availability of these models - from Late February 2014 but this date could change, however, we will do what we can to keep everyone posted.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Please use this thread to post about Safari Ltd 2014 releases .

At some point we make one thread out of all of them .

sauroid

i am getting all of the dinos, unless they make major changes on the megalodon, i'll skip that one.
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Same here.  My Safari Great White makes a fine Megalodon currently any way. :)

CityRaptor

Same here. The Sucho is a welcome update, the Mono and Pachyrhino are welcome additions. But the Megalodon is just an oversized White Shark.

I wonder what Carnegie has in store. Getting new Versions of some of the retired pieces would be nice.
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

tyrantqueen

I'm not a shark collector, but maybe the Megalo will look better in person? Maybe the stock photo isn't very flattering :-\

Hermes888

Does anyone know when the Carnegie figures will be announced?

Everything_Dinosaur

The Carnegie Collectibles announcement date has not been formerly set yet, it does tend to come after the Wild Safari Dinos and such like as there can be a delay with approvals from the palaeontology team at the Carnegie Museum (Pittsburgh) and such like.  We are sending feedback to Safari Ltd on the Megalodon model and we expect they will be letting us know shortly what plans have been finalised.  It is just a case of being a little patient.  On that note, Papo intend to announce their 2014 range around the first week of December.  We got a few meetings planned and things should be clearer after these.

Concavenator

Quote from: Everything_Dinosaur on September 10, 2013, 08:45:33 PM
The Carnegie Collectibles announcement date has not been formerly set yet, it does tend to come after the Wild Safari Dinos and such like as there can be a delay with approvals from the palaeontology team at the Carnegie Museum (Pittsburgh) and such like.  We are sending feedback to Safari Ltd on the Megalodon model and we expect they will be letting us know shortly what plans have been finalised.  It is just a case of being a little patient.  On that note, Papo intend to announce their 2014 range around the first week of December.  We got a few meetings planned and things should be clearer after these.
Papo announcing their new models on the fourst week of December?That's very exciting  :D
In 2011,they announced their 2012 models almost in the end of the year,in 2012,in mid December.It looks like they're announcing their new items earlier every year!  :)

As for Carnegie I hope to see their new models soon.

SpartanSquat

Like my good spanish friend said in the last post, Im also waiting the new carnegies. But im more nervous to see what Papo will show. Expecting Ceratosaurus, Aptosaurus and Giganotosaurus.

ChrisLikesDinos

I think people will be happy with the two new Carnegie pieces, despite the fact that they are such safe picks.

CityRaptor

Only two new pieces? And safe picks? The latter would suggest either new Versionsof old Carnegies or "Stock Dinosaurs" ( likely to overlap )
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Masiakasaurus on September 10, 2013, 11:12:06 PM
I think people will be happy with the two new Carnegie pieces, despite the fact that they are such safe picks.

If one or both happen to be a new T-Rex or Triceratops I'm good..i actually need some good updated figures to carry around for sculpting and such in the shop.

Concavenator

Quote from: Masiakasaurus on September 10, 2013, 11:12:06 PM
Now  I'm better with the T-rex and Triceratops idea  :)

Concavenator

I hope they're making appropiate changes on the Carcharodon megalodon I wasn't going to get the first model.I hope they use a more original coloration,etc,etc  :)
Some sharks has very colorful patterns.That doesn't mean that because Megalodon and white sharks are releatives they has to have the same patterning.

Oops,double post   :P

joossa

If Carnegie goes with Triceratops, it better be on par or better than this:
-Joel
Southern CA, USA

My Collection Topic

ChrisLikesDinos

Blade-of-the-Moon

That one has a bit much of a JP feel for me..kinda felt like they were doing what Papo was doing there...not that it's bad per se..but I would like to see a more accurate one.

A guaranteed sell but not a trike and not a sauropod..doesn't leave much really assuming the other one is a Rex.  Allo and Stego is about it I think.

Concavenator

Now,I'm almost sure Carnegie will release another Tyrannosaurus.No Triceratops?OK,it could be an hadrosaur like Parasaurolophus.Parasaurolophus would sell good.
Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on September 12, 2013, 06:56:00 AM
That one has a bit much of a JP feel for me..kinda felt like they were doing what Papo was doing there...not that it's bad per se..but I would like to see a more accurate one.

A guaranteed sell but not a trike and not a sauropod..doesn't leave much really assuming the other one is a Rex.  Allo and Stego is about it I think.

He said no Allo,no Stego,no Apato,no Kosmo.

I think what he wants to say is that themodel themselves are pretty good, but it's very common and has done.Tyrannosaurus would be the perfect example for that.Wide appeal,definite sale,very common.Ibet Carnegie will release it.I thought the second was going to be Trceratops but nope.Maybe a hadrosaur  :)

ChrisLikesDinos

But what if I consider Trikes 2 1/2 horns? ;)

But seriously, I wish they would reveal these already. Its killing me, I just want to talk about em.

Support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these links are affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.