News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

Safari Ltd - new for 2014

Started by Everything_Dinosaur, September 03, 2013, 08:20:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Masiakasaurus on September 12, 2013, 07:34:36 AM
But what if I consider Trikes 2 1/2 horns? ;)

But seriously, I wish they would reveal these already. Its killing me, I just want to talk about em.

Hmm..I might have to cause you bodily harm... lol  ;)  ( joking )

I won't stop you..feel free to let the cat out of the bag if you wish..  ^-^

Concavenator

Or maybe a new T-rex and a new Velociraptor?I've heard peoplepraying for a feathered raptor.
Quote from: Masiakasaurus on September 12, 2013, 07:34:36 AM
But what if I consider Trikes 2 1/2 horns? ;)

But seriously, I wish they would reveal these already. Its killing me, I just want to talk about em.
Its also killing me,would ypu know when will they reveal them,more or less?  ^-^

tyrantqueen

Quote from: Juan Andrés on September 12, 2013, 07:18:19 AM
Now,I'm almost sure Carnegie will release another Tyrannosaurus.No Triceratops?OK,it could be an hadrosaur like Parasaurolophus.Parasaurolophus would sell good.
Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on September 12, 2013, 06:56:00 AM
That one has a bit much of a JP feel for me..kinda felt like they were doing what Papo was doing there...not that it's bad per se..but I would like to see a more accurate one.

A guaranteed sell but not a trike and not a sauropod..doesn't leave much really assuming the other one is a Rex.  Allo and Stego is about it I think.

He said no Allo,no Stego,no Apato,no Kosmo.

I think what he wants to say is that themodel themselves are pretty good, but it's very common and has done.Tyrannosaurus would be the perfect example for that.Wide appeal,definite sale,very common.Ibet Carnegie will release it.I thought the second was going to be Trceratops but nope.Maybe a hadrosaur  :)
Maybe he just said they have wide appeal to throw us off the trail? ;D

QuoteBut seriously, I wish they would reveal these already. Its killing me, I just want to talk about em.
I know you can't say anything yet, but have you seen the sculpts yourself? Are they good?

Blade-of-the-Moon

If I were compiling a short list of the for-certain most popular dinosaurs I think hadrosaurs would be pushed back to the 2nd list. Looking to popular media, even Iguanodon isn't known as well as others.  Pterosaurs and prehistoric marine reptiles are also good sellers but not in the same league as the selling power of  Rex.  Maybe it's TWO T-Rexes ! ;)

Concavenator

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on September 12, 2013, 03:48:24 PM
If I were compiling a short list of the for-certain most popular dinosaurs I think hadrosaurs would be pushed back to the 2nd list. Looking to popular media, even Iguanodon isn't known as well as others.  Pterosaurs and prehistoric marine reptiles are also good sellers but not in the same league as the selling power of  Rex.  Maybe it's TWO T-Rexes ! ;)
Two T-rexs are excessive I think  >:(
If only one would be ok.The misterious second one might be a new dromaeosaur?

sauroid

i dont mind two rexes really, as long as the two would complement each other (like the Papo ones)
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

Dan

The Carnegie 2014 releases are two different species.

Patrx

Tyrannosaurus rex and Tyrannosaurus bataar;)

Takama

Quote from: Dan on September 12, 2013, 05:03:05 PM

what do you mean by different species?   You mean same Genus?

anchry6

Quote from: Dan on September 12, 2013, 05:03:05 PM

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! :'(

:D

Concavenator

Quote from: Patrx on September 12, 2013, 05:27:47 PM
This year Carnegie's releases are supposed to be re-sculpts so Tarbosaurus won't be released.
I'm almost completely sure Carnegie will havea new Tyrannosaurus.As for the second,I'll bet for Velociraptor and Parasaurolophus,assuming that it's not Triceratops 

Gwangi

Quote from: Juan Andrés on September 12, 2013, 09:16:31 PM
This year Carnegie's releases are supposed to be re-sculpts so Tarbosaurus won't be released.
I'm almost completely sure Carnegie will havea new Tyrannosaurus.As for the second,I'll bet for Velociraptor and Parasaurolophus,assuming that it's not Triceratops

An accurate Velociraptor would be most welcome.

Hermes888

Quote from: Gwangi on September 12, 2013, 09:19:16 PM
Quote from: Juan Andrés on September 12, 2013, 09:16:31 PM

An accurate Velociraptor would be most welcome.
YES PLEASE

tyrantqueen

I would like for it to be a velociraptor and maybe a hadrosaur (Parasaurolophus) since those sculpts needed badly updating. Imo, the Anniversary rex is still a good figure and I like it a lot :)

Didn't Carnegie say they were doing an Archeopteryx?

Gwangi

Quote from: tyrantqueen on September 12, 2013, 09:55:26 PM
I would like for it to be a velociraptor and maybe a hadrosaur (Parasaurolophus) since those sculpts needed badly updating. Imo, the Anniversary rex is still a good figure and I like it a lot :)

An Archeopteryx would be as welcome from me as a Velociraptor. Given its scientific significance and mild popularity I'm really surprised Archeopteryx has not been tackled by anyone yet. I know Bullyland has one, and it is not very good. Kaiyodo does too but they're small and that one seems difficult to locate. Aside from that I can't think of many others, not even CollectA has one I don't think. Must be because everyone thinks of it as a bird when in reality it is just another feathered dinosaur.

I can't stand the original Parasaurolophus. I used to display it on my shelf but had to pack it away, I just don't like it. A new one would be great.

tyrantqueen

Quote from: Gwangi on September 12, 2013, 10:04:50 PM

An Archeopteryx would be as welcome from me as a Velociraptor. Given its scientific significance and mild popularity I'm really surprised Archeopteryx has not been tackled by anyone yet. I know Bullyland has one, and it is not very good. Kaiyodo does too but they're small and that one seems difficult to locate. Aside from that I can't think of many others, not even CollectA has one I don't think. Must be because everyone thinks of it as a bird when in reality it is just another feathered dinosaur.

I can't stand the original Parasaurolophus. I used to display it on my shelf but had to pack it away, I just don't like it. A new one would be great.
I don't like the original Para much either, but it's not too bad for its time :)

KeU

I am hoping Apatosaurus and Parasaurolophus. They could really use a re-sculpt.
Tyrannosaurus is fine, it doesn't need an update just yet.

tyrantqueen

Quote from: KeU on September 12, 2013, 10:09:32 PM
Sadly, Masiakasaurus confirmed that an updated Apato is not among the new models :( I wanted one too...

Gwangi

Quote from: tyrantqueen on September 12, 2013, 10:14:08 PM
Quote from: KeU on September 12, 2013, 10:09:32 PM
Sadly, Masiakasaurus confirmed that an updated Apato is not among the new models :( I wanted one too...

For a second there I thought you said "Masiakasaurus was confirmed" and I got excited but then I realized you were talking about the forum member.  :P A Masiakasaurus would be nice...from someone eventually. Surprised one has not come out yet.

tanystropheus

There are plenty of good Parasaurolophus interpretations in the market, but Safari Ltd. is really good at making hadrosaurs (I would prefer a Corythosaurus, Lambeosaurus or even an updated Maiasaura).

We could still use another Rex as there hasn't been a definitive version released by Safari Ltd., Papo or Schleich.

Regarding the Archeopteryx, I was thinking the same thing. There's been a general dearth of iconic dinosaur representations in the market (e.g. Archeopteryx, Iguanodon, or Megalosaurus)

Apatosaurus needs a resculpt. The last interpretation looked a bit odd.

Support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these links are affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.