News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

Safari Ltd - new for 2014

Started by Everything_Dinosaur, September 03, 2013, 08:20:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Concavenator

If Carnegie makes Tyrannosaurus it should be feathered and without tripod stance.As for the second one,I'm hoping to see Deinonychus or Velociraptor,though I expect Parasaurolophus.

Concavenator

Quote from: tyrantqueen on September 12, 2013, 09:55:26 PM
I would like for it to be a velociraptor and maybe a hadrosaur (Parasaurolophus) since those sculpts needed badly updating. Imo, the Anniversary rex is still a good figure and I like it a lot :)
Didn't Carnegie say they were doing an Archeopteryx ?
No.A guy asked Safari about doing an Archaeoptery,and they said it was in their inspiration list in bold and all caps.They didn't specify for what line was the Archaeoptery and they didn't say that they were going to do it  :)
I would prefer the 2nd one to be either a feathered Velociraptor or Deinonychus  :D

Brontozaurus

What if it's Kronosaurus? The current one is pretty crappy in the anatomy department, and everyone loves big toothy things.
"Uww wuhuhuhuh HAH HAWR HA HAWR."
-Ian Malcolm

My collection! UPDATED 21.03.2020: Dungeons & Dinosaurs!

Concavenator

Quote from: Brontozaurus on September 13, 2013, 01:38:25 PM
What if it's Kronosaurus? The current one is pretty crappy in the anatomy department, and everyone loves big toothy things.
Kronosaurus is not as popular as Velociraptor or Parasaurolophus could be,I think  ;)

tyrantqueen

Quote from: Juan Andrés on September 13, 2013, 07:26:36 AM
I would like for it to be a velociraptor and maybe a hadrosaur (Parasaurolophus) since those sculpts needed badly updating. Imo, the Anniversary rex is still a good figure and I like it a lot :)
Didn't Carnegie say they were doing an Archeopteryx ?
No.A guy asked Safari about doing an Archaeoptery,and they said it was in their inspiration list in bold and all caps.They didn't specify for what line was the Archaeoptery and they didn't say that they were going to do it  :)
I would prefer the 2nd one to be either a feathered Velociraptor or Deinonychus  :D
Sounds like a pretty good indication that they'll be making one or will be considering making one to me. If it's not for the Carnegie line in 2014, maybe it'll be Safari or Carnegie in 2015. Archeopteryx has mainstream appeal (it's known to the general public as the "first bird" even though it isn't really such)

Also another member said this a while back:

QuoteBased on Safari Ltd's Facebook comments, and other indications, I believe it's almost certain that will be producing an Archaeopteryx in 2014 or, 2015 at the latest. 

pylraster

Quote from: tanystropheus on September 13, 2013, 12:49:06 AM

Didn't Carnegie say they were doing an Archeopteryx?

There are plenty of good Parasaurolophus interpretations in the market, but Safari Ltd. is really good at making hadrosaurs (I would prefer a Corythosaurus, Lambeosaurus or even an updated Maiasaura).

We could still use another Rex as there hasn't been a definitive version released by Safari Ltd., Papo or Schleich.

Regarding the Archeopteryx, I was thinking the same thing. There's been a general dearth of iconic dinosaur representations in the market (e.g. Archeopteryx, Iguanodon, or Megalosaurus)

Apatosaurus needs a resculpt. The last interpretation looked a bit odd.

Correct. Funny that despite T.Rex's popularity, these companies seem to keep messing it up. Hoping Carnegie does it right this time.

Hellraptor

I must sat that both Sucho, mono and pachyr looks great, they are very welcome indeed. the sucho looks way better than the sucho model we have now,

The megalodon looks odd somehow but maybe itts looks better in reality.

Suchomimus:

The prototypes we saw were painted a blueish hue, similar to the paint colour on the Wild Safari Gryposaurus that was introduced this year.

Monolophosaurus:

Pachyrhinosaurus:

The Carcharodon megalodon model:

We will post up more updates and information when we (Everything Dinosaur) get them, availability of these models - from Late February 2014 but this date could change, however, we will do what we can to keep everyone posted.
[/quote]
Taking dinosaurs of this islandis the worst idea in the long, sad story of bad ideas

Seijun

I'm almost certain we will be seeing a trex from carnegie, especially considering that last year it was mentioned that carnegie had planned to release a figure honoring their anniversary, but the release had been pushed forward a year.
My living room smells like old plastic dinosaur toys... Better than air freshener!

Hellraptor

Quote from: Seijun on September 13, 2013, 06:48:16 PM
I'm almost certain we will be seeing a trex from carnegie, especially considering that last year it was mentioned that carnegie had planned to release a figure honoring their anniversary, but the release had been pushed forward a year.

I hope we will, hopefully a feathery one.
Taking dinosaurs of this islandis the worst idea in the long, sad story of bad ideas

amargasaurus cazaui

You can be almost positive that if they produce Tyrannosaurs Rex, it will not have feathers as there is zero evidence to support such a model. They generally play it safe with their sculpts and seldom cross over into speculation .
So unless they select an alternate species of Tyrannosaur, perhaps one from China, I am fairly sure no feathers
Authors with varying competence have suggested dinosaurs disappeared because of meteorites...God's will, raids by little green hunters in flying saucers, lack of standing room in Noah's Ark, and palaeoweltschmerz—Glenn Jepsen

tyrantqueen

A Yutyrannus huali would be awesome.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Tyrannosaurus does seem to be their species of choice for anniversary celebrations .. ;)

Hellraptor

Quote from: amargasaurus cazaui on September 13, 2013, 08:02:32 PM
You can be almost positive that if they produce Tyrannosaurs Rex, it will not have feathers as there is zero evidence to support such a model. They generally play it safe with their sculpts and seldom cross over into speculation .
So unless they select an alternate species of Tyrannosaur, perhaps one from China, I am fairly sure no feathers

yes i know but you could always dream. BUt it would be great to have yutyrannus, would be awesome.

Balaur

Okay, I think I've figured it out. Okay, so lets see. Carnegie is releasing two resculpts this year, both are safe picks, and not exotic or anything. They released a Tyrannosaurus for their 10th anniversary. I think that they are going to release a resculpt of Tyrannosaurus and Triceratops.
That's what think at least.

cordylus

Quote from: Balaur on September 14, 2013, 10:50:12 PM
Okay, I think I've figured it out. Okay, so lets see. Carnegie is releasing two resculpts this year, both are safe picks, and not exotic or anything. They released a Tyrannosaurus for their 10th anniversary. I think that they are going to release a resculpt of Tyrannosaurus and Triceratops.

Now imagine we lived in a perfect world, and the newly sculpted tyrannosaurus and triceratops could be combined somehow into a mini-diorama  8)

Balaur

Quote from: cordylus on September 14, 2013, 10:53:38 PM

Now imagine we lived in a perfect world, and the newly sculpted tyrannosaurus and triceratops could be combined somehow into a mini-diorama  8)

Ha! Maybe! I hope so! :)

Concavenator

Masiakasaurus said no Triceratops  :-X
However,he didn't say no Tyrannosaurus... ::)

tyrantqueen

Quote from: Juan Andrés on September 14, 2013, 11:22:58 PM
Quote from: Juan Andrés on September 14, 2013, 11:22:58 PM

Yeah but...that still leaves one figure (Carnegie is doing more than one figure this year, right?)

I'm trying to think of species that have wide appeal. Pterosaur? Iguanodon? Velociraptor?

The suspense is killing me ;D I want Carnegie to release the information soon.

Hermes888

Masiakasaurus - can you tell us whether or not any of these guesses are close to the actual figure? Or at least deny some of them, like you did previously?

ChrisLikesDinos

I've done enough hinting I think. Now its just a waiting game (and I sadly don't know when they will officially announce them, but I hope its soon).

Support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these links are affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.