News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

Safari Ltd - new for 2014

Started by Everything_Dinosaur, September 03, 2013, 08:20:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Katieraptor

You were going to make a Quetz? Were you going to make it flying or in the cool terrestrial position?

And yeah, that is a really cool figure. It reminds me of a few I saw at my local museum. They had all these cool dioramas. I should show you guys sometime D:
What I love about Allosaurus is that it lived an extremely violent life that was rife with broken bones, cuts, scrapes, infections, sprains, and yet it just kept on truckin.

My Art

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Katieraptor on March 30, 2014, 08:47:08 AM
You were going to make a Quetz? Were you going to make it flying or in the cool terrestrial position?

And yeah, that is a really cool figure. It reminds me of a few I saw at my local museum. They had all these cool dioramas. I should show you guys sometime D:

Terrestrial. I'm still planning it but it's hard to say how long the trike will take to get done.  It's also a matter of funds. We work on donations so each project needs so much to get started. The Trike for example needs 500.00 to start. The eyes for it alone will cost me 150.00 .

Sounds like some of Malcolm's work..he does great prehistoric dios.

Zhuchengotyrant

I just ordered the Monolophosaurus
-Zhuchengotyrant

Zhuchengotyrant

And just got it and the Pachy.
-Zhuchengotyrant

Splonkadumpocus

The museum where I work just got the new Safari releases!

...except I'm kind of broke right now, so none for me. :P

Splonkadumpocus

Quote from: Ridureyu on January 24, 2014, 11:24:53 PM
The Scutosaurus is going to be retired?  But it's so tiny and adorable!

What? Really?

Now their Inostrancevia is going to go hungry.

Daspletodave

The Carnegie collection needs to seriously update their Apatosaurus, Kronosaurus, Baryonyx, Velociraptor, Iguanodon, Allosaurus, Parasaurolophus, Quetzalcoatlus, Elasmosaurus, and Stegosaurus. I think Allosaurus, Velociraptor and Stegosaurus have the best odds of being resculpted in the next few years.

Hynerpeton

What month will Ammonite and Megalodon be out?! Call me crazy, i am crying over Megalodon. Happy tears!! :D
Walking With Monsers:
[about Lystrosaurus] Astonishingly, their vast herds make up more than half of all life on Earth. Never again will a single species do so well.

Walking With Monsters: (Hynerpeton) To avoid injury the males demonstrate their strength  in a strange  push up contest.

Yutyrannus

Well the Megalodon came out in November and the Ammonite came out in March as I recall.

"The world's still the same. There's just less in it."

Everything_Dinosaur

Megalodon has been out for a while worldwide as we understand it.  The Ammonite is only just reaching UK shores (we are based in the UK).  It along with the ascent of man blister pack are coming in next week, so I am told.  Can't wait.

Hynerpeton

Quote from: Everything_Dinosaur on May 31, 2014, 06:09:58 AM
Megalodon has been out for a while worldwide as we understand it.  The Ammonite is only just reaching UK shores (we are based in the UK).  It along with the ascent of man blister pack are coming in next week, so I am told.  Can't wait.

Thanks. Shall look for one online then. :)
Walking With Monsers:
[about Lystrosaurus] Astonishingly, their vast herds make up more than half of all life on Earth. Never again will a single species do so well.

Walking With Monsters: (Hynerpeton) To avoid injury the males demonstrate their strength  in a strange  push up contest.

Everything_Dinosaur

The Wild Safari Ammonite model is in stock at Everything Dinosaur:Wild Safari Ammonite

This is the first time we have seen this model in the flesh as it were, we lobbied Safari to make one after the Bullyland replicas were withdrawn.  It is a little smaller than the large Ammonite from Bullyland, but it is very well painted, debate currently going on in the office as to which genus the model represents.

Everything_Dinosaur

The Evolution of Man model series consists of a set of five replicas representing Australopithecus afarensis, Homo habilis, Homo erectus, Homo neanderthalensis and Homo sapiens.   It is a blister packed set with some brief details on each of the species in the set provided in four languages on the back of the pack (English, French, Spanish and German).

See Evolution of Man set here: Evolution of Man Model Set

Each model is holding an implement to represent development A. afarensis has a piece of bone, H. erectus is holding a burning torch, H. sapiens with Clovis spear etc.

On the face of it, this particular model set might become quite a collectors item.

CityRaptor

Well, if one is interested in Men....
Interestingly enough that set reminds me of the John Gurche Art I saw in a PT #109.

Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

Hynerpeton

Quote from: Everything_Dinosaur on June 09, 2014, 09:12:36 PM
The Wild Safari Ammonite model is in stock at Everything Dinosaur:Wild Safari Ammonite

This is the first time we have seen this model in the flesh as it were, we lobbied Safari to make one after the Bullyland replicas were withdrawn.  It is a little smaller than the large Ammonite from Bullyland, but it is very well painted, debate currently going on in the office as to which genus the model represents.

I forgot you had one. Would of bought one. :(
Walking With Monsers:

SpittersForEver

Quote from: CityRaptor on June 09, 2014, 09:44:57 PM
Interestingly enough that set reminds me of the John Gurche Art I saw in a PT #109.

That's so creepy to me.

Gwangi

Quote from: SpittersForEver on June 10, 2014, 06:28:14 AM
Quote from: CityRaptor on June 09, 2014, 09:44:57 PM

That's so creepy to me.

Well, you can pick your friends but you can't pick your relatives.

CityRaptor

So true, so true.
I think the Neanderthal is the best match. Any info if Safari worked with the Smithonian for this set?
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

DC

Unlikely to have worked with Smithsonian and not mentioned it.  Smithsonian is hard to work with since they contracted out their museum shops and change contractors.  Safari ltd is very progressive about looking to expand the range of their product lines.  My guess is this is a trial for a blister pack format.  this a a great way for collectors to display figures like the Star wars figure collectors who hang their packsages on hooks for display.  I was pleased to see they kept them close enough in scale to be used with their Prehistoric mammals and modern animal lines.  I think that is the mistake Bullyland made with they had a similar series years back.  They were too big a scale to use with the Bullyland mammals.
You can never have too many dinosaurs

Sim

I'm thinking of getting the Safari Monolophosaurus as I like its sculpt and colouration a lot, but all the ones I've seen don't have painted dewclaws.  Does anyone know if more recent batches of this figure have painted dewclaws?  S @Shane perhaps?

Support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these links are affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.