News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

Posting images

Started by DinoToyForum, March 25, 2012, 06:36:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Metallisuchus

Is anybody here familiar with Flickr? I have some photos posted from like 6 months ago that I was going to post here, but I can't seem to get a raw URL  :(

If I right-click the photo, I don't get my usual list of options because it's copyrighted or something.

If any of you can guide me through this, I'd be extremely grateful, and happy to share my museum photos with you all  :) And I'm using Firefox, if that makes a difference.

Himmapaan

There are two ways:

1) Click the 'Share' button above your image. Choose the 'Grab the HTML/BBCode' option from the drop down menu, select the size at which you'd like your image displayed, then tick the 'BBCode' (Bulletin board) box. The right code will appear which you can copy and paste.

Mother Goat and the Seven Kids by Himmapaan1, on Flickr

This option will link you directly back to your Flickr album once you click on the image, as in the example above. It's quite a good way of sourcing images back to their owners and helps promote Flickr as a community, etc.

2) Click the 'Actions' button above your image, then select 'View all sizes' from the drop down menu. Select the size at which you'd like to post you image, then simply right click for the image URL as standard. It should appear in this case. Enclose it within the image code as usual. This option of course does not link back to the album but posts the image in the usual manner.

ETA: I've just realised that you can also choose to 'view all sizes' from right-clicking your image without choosing from the 'Actions' button if you prefer.

brontodocus

Urgh, as some of you know all photos I post here are on facebook. I remember that every now and then I suggested using fb as an image hoster just like e.g. photobucket because it was always fine and you'll never get any bandwidth problems there. I think I will refrain from suggesting it any further without reservations because yesterday fb made some changes to the way albums are displayed...
And while I'm glad that my individually posted pictures are still visible here, apparently, my links for the external view of entire albums don't work anymore (links like I've posted e.g. here on DTF v.1). :'( There used to be a url to be used as an external link for non-fb members at the bottom of each album but this doesn't appear anymore. I hope things like this won't happen to the individual photos I've posted or all of them will disappear here (gosh, I've uploaded more than 9600 photos there... :o ). If the photos disappear, eventually, I'll find another way but for the moment I'd like to suggest being cautious with fb as an image host... :-\

Edit: The links to the albums do work when I'm logged in at fb (and don't work anymore as soon as I log off) but that's definitely not what I wanted, make my albums only available to fb members. Grrr.

Edit again 2012-10-08: For the moment, I take everything back... it all seems to work again. :) Well, let's see for how long. ???

Oh Lord, won't you buy me a T-rex by Krentz? My friends all have Sideshow, I must make amends.

Styracosaur

Hi Guys

I can't find out on here how to post pics?
On some forums you must do it with taking pics from you documents and some forums you must get the link
from ... like photobucket or something??
Any info would be great... i'm not the worlds handiest dude with a computer  :-[..... little bit of a dino...  ;D
Any info would be great.
thx
Dee.

Patrx

Quote from: Styracosaur on January 19, 2014, 01:27:00 AM
On some forums you must do it with taking pics from you documents and some forums you must get the link

Hi! On this forum, the process of posting images is the latter. You can upload your images someplace - Photobucket, Imageshack, Facebook, etc. Once it's uploaded, all you have to do is copy its address, which is generally done by right-clicking it and selecting "Copy Image Location", and then paste it into your post. Then, highlight the entire address and click the "Insert Image" button, which resembles a small portrait. This will add image tags to the address - "[img]" before and "[/img"] after. Alternatively, you can type the tags yourself, but that generally takes longer. Hope that clears things up!

DinoToyForum

Quote from: Styracosaur on January 19, 2014, 01:27:00 AM
Hi Guys

Any info would be great... i'm not the worlds handiest dude with a computer  :-[..... little bit of a dino...  ;D
Any info would be great.
thx
Dee.

Welcome Styracosaur, all is explained in our FAQ section, so I've merged your topic with our existing 'posting images' thread.   C:-)

Logo7

I have a few images on my iPad that I want to upload here. However the iPad is not letting me upload photos to the internet. Could someone help me with this problem?

tyrantqueen

QuoteHowever the iPad is not letting me upload photos to the internet. Could someone help me with this problem?

Could you be a little more specific? What sort of error message are you getting?

DinoToyForum

Quote from: Logo7 on March 27, 2014, 02:09:38 PM
I have a few images on my iPad that I want to upload here. However the iPad is not letting me upload photos to the internet. Could someone help me with this problem?

When it comes to the internet, ipads are useful for browsing, but not much else. When it comes to posting, I might use a tablet for something short, but when it comes to longer posts, and especially when posting images, I always open up my laptop. It will save you a lot of bother if you log onto a proper computer.

Alternatively, you could upload pictures to a public facebook album with the facebook app.

Logo7

I am not getting an error message. I just got an ImageShack account, so this problem May or may not be solved. I still need to upload the images to ImageShack and then to here in my post.

Hynerpeton

I use a site called tinypic. Its easy to use and confusion. :)
Walking With Monsers:
[about Lystrosaurus] Astonishingly, their vast herds make up more than half of all life on Earth. Never again will a single species do so well.

Walking With Monsters: (Hynerpeton) To avoid injury the males demonstrate their strength  in a strange  push up contest.

MaastrichtianGuy

amargasaurus cazaui

Quote from: MaastrichtianGuy on October 04, 2014, 10:58:26 PM
guys I have an issue
The forum has a thread that you can read as a tutorial for posting images, but basically you need a host site to place your images on and then link to.

Here is the tutorial link

http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=173.0
Authors with varying competence have suggested dinosaurs disappeared because of meteorites...God's will, raids by little green hunters in flying saucers, lack of standing room in Noah's Ark, and palaeoweltschmerz—Glenn Jepsen

MaastrichtianGuy

but before you do i was posting a picture in dinosaur toy forum that makes you guys want to see it instead of the picture it was an x in it or just a generic image

amargasaurus cazaui

Quote from: MaastrichtianGuy on October 04, 2014, 11:16:33 PM
but before you do i was posting a picture in dinosaur toy forum that makes you guys want to see it instead of the picture it was an x in it or just a generic image
Not sure what you are trying to get across here....explain more please
Authors with varying competence have suggested dinosaurs disappeared because of meteorites...God's will, raids by little green hunters in flying saucers, lack of standing room in Noah's Ark, and palaeoweltschmerz—Glenn Jepsen

tyrantqueen

Quote from: MaastrichtianGuy on October 04, 2014, 11:16:33 PM
Sounds like it might be an issue with the image hosting site. What are you using to host the files?

MaastrichtianGuy

DinoToyForum

Quote from: MaastrichtianGuy on October 05, 2014, 02:48:24 AM
Photobucket

Try to post an image in this thread and one of the moderators will try to work out what the problem is :)

amargasaurus cazaui

Trying to link a small video into my signature line similar to hat tyrannt queen has done, and cannot seem to do it correctly......suggestions?

DinoToyForum

That's an animated gif image, not a video. I don't think the forum software allows videos in signatures.

Support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these links are affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.