News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

Posting images

Started by DinoToyForum, March 25, 2012, 06:36:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Patrx

Quote from: amargasaurus cazaui on October 06, 2014, 11:02:13 PM
Trying to link a small video into my signature line similar to hat tyrannt queen has done, and cannot seem to do it correctly......suggestions?

You'd need to convert the video into an animated .gif file, a moving image. If you PM me a link to the video, I can probably convert it for you :)

Doug Watson

Trying to link a small video into my signature line similar to hat tyrannt queen has done, and cannot seem to do it correctly......suggestions?

I know I am off topic but that is a great piece of animation and hilarious too where is it from?

tyrantqueen

Quote from: Doug Watson on October 07, 2014, 09:53:12 PM

I know I am off topic but that is a great piece of animation and hilarious too where is it from?
I believe it is from the new Bayformers film (Transformers 4) where he depicted Psittacosaurus as a piscivore, for some reason...

amargasaurus cazaui

Tyrannt Queen is quite correct The scene is the opening scene for the newest transformers film, and much to my surprise they used a psittacosaurus. Not so delighted about the whole fish thing, but still its a great scene. When I saw the movie and then noticed Tyrannat Queens signature with the transformers cartoon, I knew I wanted that for my signature. Patrx stepped in and converted it for me and did some quality editing and so forth to make it happen for me.......thanks TQ for the idea, and Patrx for all the tech know how and get er done help!!!!! :)) :)) :))
Authors with varying competence have suggested dinosaurs disappeared because of meteorites...God's will, raids by little green hunters in flying saucers, lack of standing room in Noah's Ark, and palaeoweltschmerz—Glenn Jepsen

Doug Watson

Quote from: amargasaurus cazaui on October 07, 2014, 10:16:06 PM
Tyrannt Queen is quite correct The scene is the opening scene for the newest transformers film, and much to my surprise they used a psittacosaurus. Not so delighted about the whole fish thing, but still its a great scene. When I saw the movie and then noticed Tyrannat Queens signature with the transformers cartoon, I knew I wanted that for my signature. Patrx stepped in and converted it for me and did some quality editing and so forth to make it happen for me.......thanks TQ for the idea, and Patrx for all the tech know how and get er done help!!!!! :)) :)) :))

Cool! I wouldn't have seen it otherwise.

Takama

That was my favorite scene in the entire movie. though, there are other dinos, but they don't have as much detail put it to them as those little Psittacosaurs.

If I commission Brandem to make one, they will be the colors I have him base it on.

Doug. Maybe you can convince Safari to make one, since it appeared in a Blockbuster movie.

Yutyrannus

Quote from: Takama on October 08, 2014, 01:07:46 AM
That was my favorite scene in the entire movie. though, there are other dinos, but they don't have as much detail put it to them as those little Psittacosaurs.

If I commission Brandem to make one, they will be the colors I have him base it on.

Doug. Maybe you can convince Safari to make one, since it appeared in a Blockbuster movie.
That would be awesome!

"The world's still the same. There's just less in it."

Hynerpeton

Can people post links to large pics? Annoying when i want to scroll to the bottom of the page and pics upon pics super larger keep popping up. Just post the image link to them.
Walking With Monsers:
[about Lystrosaurus] Astonishingly, their vast herds make up more than half of all life on Earth. Never again will a single species do so well.

Walking With Monsters: (Hynerpeton) To avoid injury the males demonstrate their strength  in a strange  push up contest.

stargatedalek

the forum automatically resizes images

Hynerpeton

Quote from: stargatedalek on October 25, 2014, 10:31:00 PM
the forum automatically resizes images

Yeah but still a pain to have to scroll images and they just keep showing up. :(
Walking With Monsers:
[about Lystrosaurus] Astonishingly, their vast herds make up more than half of all life on Earth. Never again will a single species do so well.

Walking With Monsters: (Hynerpeton) To avoid injury the males demonstrate their strength  in a strange  push up contest.

stargatedalek

than use the grab bar on the side of the screen for fast scrolling

Hynerpeton

Walking With Monsers:

josemadrigal

Thank you all. I'll give it a try.

CrazyForCretaceous

Could I use Google photos?  You can get a "shareable link" for the photos.  Here is an image URL.

https://goo.gl/photos/9sVGGH8if5wrCV4a9

Is it showing up here?

DinoToyForum

Quote from: CrazyForCretaceous on September 20, 2015, 11:34:01 PM
Could I use Google photos?  You can get a "shareable link" for the photos.  Here is an image URL.

https://goo.gl/photos/9sVGGH8if5wrCV4a9

Is it showing up here?

I think you can only include photos if you have the url for the actual image, ending in "jpg" for example. If the image is embedded in a webpage it will not work.

Paleozoo

Hi Dinotoyblog,

I'm trying to upload an image of one of my models to the classified forum.

I've installed Photobucket then copy/pasted the relevant URL in between the [IMG][IMG] as instructed.

When I re-open and look down the post I don't see the image on screen, just the URL text.

Have I missed something? (and I'm assuming that I have)

Best.
Paleozoo

Patrx

All that's missing is the "/" right in front of the "img" in the ending tag. :)

DinoToyForum

I worked out how to record my screen. So, a video tutorial... :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S_cOvTjv_g8

SBell

I just wanted to add these steps here, for anyone else that may store thir photos with Google Photos. It is a great, free, huge place to store them, but they don't make it easy to post them.

And after spending a week fighting with it, I think I have the method down. It's a couple steps, but only requires two different copy-pastes... ::)

I think I am doing this post as much so that I remember how it works--until they chage again!

First, in Google Photos, make sure that the pictures you wish to share are in a Shared Album.
Click the picture that you wish to share (it should open big on the screen). In the upper right, click the share icon (that weird < icon)
A window will pop up--choose Get Link. Then COPY once the Link is created.

Now, paste that link in your browser bar (I tend to use a Private Browser window--makes sure I can see it). The page should look like a Google Photos window. Click on the picture to open it. When the image opens as a larger picture--right click and select Copy Image Address.

Now, in the forum, you can select the Insert Image icon, and paste the copied link in your post. It should work now!

BlueKrono

I wish there was a way to upload pictures directly into your post from your phone. It would be so much easier than going through another website (which can be tricky on a handheld), and you'd never have to worry about the picture going defunct when the hosting website goes away. They would just be here, in the post, forever.
We are accustomed to look upon the shackled form of a conquered monster, but there - there you could look at a thing monstrous and free." - King Kong, 2005

Support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these links are affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.