News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

New on Ebay (UK specific)

Started by DinoToyForum, March 25, 2012, 08:48:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tyrantqueen

Crackington

Not sure of the ethics in posting our own sales, but I have a Revell Pteranodon going cheap (excuse the pun!) on Ebay UK:
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/251114201938?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649

The money is going to my Prehistoric Times subscription fund, which I still owe Mrs Crackington for last year  :-[, so any help appreciated!   

DinoToyForum

Quote from: Crackington on July 26, 2012, 08:42:00 PM
Not sure of the ethics in posting our own sales, but I have a Revell Pteranodon going cheap (excuse the pun!) on Ebay UK:
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/251114201938?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649

The money is going to my Prehistoric Times subscription fund, which I still owe Mrs Crackington for last year  :-[, so any help appreciated!

Nothing unethical about it - that's what the thread is for  :D

Crackington

DinoToyForum

tyrantqueen

Seijun

The seller is trying to help out DeJankins :) Based on the absurd prices the plaho rex is still selling for on ebay, a lot of people still don't know DeJankins has the rex in stock.
My living room smells like old plastic dinosaur toys... Better than air freshener!

UK

I certainly am, it cost me £.40 to hopefully give Dean 30 days advertising.

He is a great guy who runs his business to give up collectors the best prices out there. We need to support of our friendly sellers. Please don't judge me on the greedy price, I am just making sure I don't sell my figure and to make sure the lot runs the full 30 days.

Surprised eBay has not pulled it.

Seijun

Oh, you are kessie! I think its really nice what you are doing. I was going to email you though to warn you that it might get pulled.
My living room smells like old plastic dinosaur toys... Better than air freshener!

SBell

tyrantqueen

DinoToyForum

Quote from: tyrantqueen on October 09, 2012, 09:24:24 PM
You should really check this out, Dr Admin. Definitely something in your field of study that might interest you

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Nose-Hair-from-the-Loch-Ness-Monster-/190735724960?pt=UK_Collectables_AnimalCollectables_SM&hash=item2c68bc31a0

Ha! I dread to think where those hairs really came from. They look like, well, I won't say.

Seijun

People are actually bidding on 4 pieces of mystery hair? Dangit! Why didn't I think of that??

Roselaar

Quote from: tyrantqueen on October 09, 2012, 09:24:24 PM
You should really check this out, Dr Admin. Definitely something in your field of study that might interest you

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Nose-Hair-from-the-Loch-Ness-Monster-/190735724960?pt=UK_Collectables_AnimalCollectables_SM&hash=item2c68bc31a0

Great joke!  ;D The item description is hilarious. Copying it here for posterity:

'Nose Hair from the Loch Ness Monster

Really something like this should be in a museum!

Legend has it that these are nose hair from the legendary Loch Ness Monster. We got these from a guy, who knows a guy, who knows a guy, who claims to have seen the monster on three occasions. A few years ago, it reared up next to his boat, its head only inches from him, he grabbed out at it to fend it off and grabbed some nose hair, before the monster returned to the murky depths of the loch. This man wishes to remain anonymous and this is all we know of the story. He passed them on to an 'aristocratic' collector who kept the hair for some years, in his collection of weird and wonderful stuff, he gave it an artist friend of his. He now has decided to sell them, he also wishing to remain anonymous has asked us to list them for him!

A must for a cryptozoologist or serious collector!

The Loch Ness Monster is reputed to inhabit Loch Ness in the Scottish Highlands. It is similar to other supposed lake monsters in Scotland and elsewhere, though its description varies from one account to the next. Popular interest and belief in the animal has varied since it was brought to the world's attention in 1933. Evidence of its existence is anecdotal, with minimal and much-disputed photographic material and sonar readings.

The most common speculation among believers is that the creature represents a line of long-surviving plesiosaurs. The scientific community regards the Loch Ness Monster as a modern-day myth, and explains sightings as a mix of hoaxes and wishful thinking. Despite this, it remains one of the most famous examples of cryptozoology.

Serious bidders only! Will ship WORLDWIDE with recorded with insurance, so bid with confidence!
'

Did Plesiosaurs have nose hair?

postsaurischian

:P  Ugliness! ... U-G-L-I-N-E-S-S!!

brontodocus

Hehe, it reminds me of... some years ago I've seen an auction with a jar that had a label in it with "my soul" written onto. Don't know how much it went for in the end but three days before it was already over €40. ;D
Of course, pulling out nose hair of a potentially critically endangered animal is something that's not funny, thinking of it. Too bad nonexistent animals are not protected by CITES. ;D

Oh Lord, won't you buy me a T-rex by Krentz? My friends all have Sideshow, I must make amends.

Support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these links are affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.