News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

Papo- new for 2014

Started by Spinosaurus Aegyptiacus, November 08, 2013, 04:30:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roselaar

Quote from: RolandEden on December 01, 2013, 08:51:04 PM
Quote from: Roselaar on December 01, 2013, 02:58:01 PM
Quote from: Concavenator on December 01, 2013, 01:25:52 PM

...I still remember Roselaar's phrase when contacted a guy in a shop:'Cool new Papo dinosaurS (  ;) ) for 2014.

Yup, that's more or less what he said, with an emphasis on the multiple aspect. But hey, he might call every prehistoric animal a dinosaur. So for all we know we might be getting three different new Mammoths next year. :)
Wait you mean 3 dinosaurs or 3 mammoths? I hope beside the 3 new ones, one will appear in december like Oviraptor, Tylosaurus, Wooly Rhinoceros this year.

I didn't mean anything specific by it. Let's just forget the whole comment he made, before we get too worked up about nothing. I'm not able to tell you anything anyway. But I'm sure Papo will treat us well next year, just you wait and see. :)

Concavenator

Quote from: Roselaar on December 01, 2013, 09:16:06 PM
Quote from: RolandEden on December 01, 2013, 08:51:04 PM
Quote from: Roselaar on December 01, 2013, 02:58:01 PM
Quote from: Concavenator on December 01, 2013, 01:25:52 PM

...I still remember Roselaar's phrase when contacted a guy in a shop:'Cool new Papo dinosaurS (  ;) ) for 2014.

Yup, that's more or less what he said, with an emphasis on the multiple aspect. But hey, he might call every prehistoric animal a dinosaur. So for all we know we might be getting three different new Mammoths next year. :)
Wait you mean 3 dinosaurs or 3 mammoths? I hope beside the 3 new ones, one will appear in december like Oviraptor, Tylosaurus, Wooly Rhinoceros this year.

I didn't mean anything specific by it. Let's just forget the whole comment he made, before we get too worked up about nothing. I'm not able to tell you anything anyway. But I'm sure Papo will treat us well next year, just you wait and see. :)
And I'm hoping for another pre-dino.The Dimetrodon is amazing.Imagine how cool would a Edaphosaurus be!  :o

SpartanSquat

What model do you want for this last month before 2014 releases? I hope to see Ceratosaurus like JP3 esque or Dilophosaurus like sideshow one

Concavenator

Quote from: RolandEden on December 02, 2013, 02:17:22 PM
What model do you want for this last month before 2014 releases? I hope to see Ceratosaurus like JP3 esque or Dilophosaurus like sideshow one
My dream lineup for Papo is:
Sideshow inspired Dilophosaurus
Sideshow inspired Apatosaurus
Giganotosaurus
Ceratosaurus (no JP please!!!!!)
Edaphosaurus
Gorgonops
A fantastic marine reptile
Quetzalcoatlus (based on new theories)
Diabloceratops
Amargasaurus
Feathered Therizinosaurus

Wouldn't that be incredible?  ;)

tyrantqueen

QuoteWhat model do you want for this last month before 2014 releases? I hope to see Ceratosaurus like JP3 esque or Dilophosaurus like sideshow one
Anything that's not JP inspired...I've been enjoying Papo's recent releases, such as the Carno and Dimetro, because they weren't obvious copies from JP designs. Hopefully this trend will continue.

DinoLord

They seem to be moving away from JP copies recently. I don't mind either way. Accurate figures are nice, but accurate JP figures are just as good in my eyes.

Spinosaurus Aegyptiacus

I wholeheartedly agree with TQ. I believe that Papo's best models so far have been their Carno and Dimetrodon-both models that stood on their own, away from JP. Let us hope to see more of the same this year...
"I believe implicitly that every young man in the world is fascinated with either sharks or dinosaurs."
-Peter Benchley

joossa

Ugh... I'm dying. I just can't wait! :)
-Joel
Southern CA, USA

My Collection Topic

tyrantqueen

Quote from: DinoLord on December 02, 2013, 11:07:56 PM
They seem to be moving away from JP copies recently. I don't mind either way. Accurate figures are nice, but accurate JP figures are just as good in my eyes.
I think the market is already saturated with JP toys (Kenner) and JP toy wannabes (Chap Mei, Schleich, etc)

Jetoar

Quote from: tyrantqueen on December 03, 2013, 06:08:40 AM
I think the market is already saturated with JP toys (Kenner) and JP toy wannabes (Chap Mei, Schleich, etc)

Generally speaking I like two styles of figures. Furthermore, JP style is more interesting for a general public than the scientific reconstruction that usually we like it.
[Off Nick and Eddie's reactions to the dinosaurs] Oh yeah "Ooh, aah", that's how it always starts. But then there's running and screaming.

{about the T-Rex) When he sees us with his kid isn't he gonna be like "you"!?

My website: Paleo-Creatures
My website's facebook: Paleo-Creatures

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Jetoar on December 03, 2013, 09:45:51 AM

Generally speaking I like two styles of figures. Furthermore, JP style is more interesting for a general public than the scientific reconstruction that usually we like it.

I'm of the same opinion myself. If they continue with JP inspired pieces I'm good, if they make more accurate ones same deal. Both are so well done by Papo they are guaranteed buys.

DinoLord

Yes, this is true, but none are on the level of Papo's figures. In my opinion pretty much all Chap Mei and Schleich figures/toys are absolutely horrid and will never have a place in my collection (out of the JP copies they make anyways). The actual JP toys are great (Thrasher and Bull rex feature prominently on my shelves), but that's what they are: toys. They all have movable parts and some of them have sounds, and aren't nearly as detailed as Papo figures are. As someone who likes detailed sculpture-like figures and is a huge fan of JP, the JP copy Papo figures are great.

Raptoress

Gahhh, how much longer do we have to wait? The suspense is killing me! Out of all the companies making new models for 2014, I'm most excited for Papo.

Concavenator

Quote from: Aliciaraptor on December 06, 2013, 09:42:27 PM
Gahhh, how much longer do we have to wait? The suspense is killing me! Out of all the companies making new models for 2014, I'm most excited for Papo.
Everythimg Dinosaur have said we won't have to wait much longer.They said (on Facebook) that they even have some pictureS  ;)
*I can't wait!*

Blade-of-the-Moon

We'll get there.  Then we'll have to start waiting for 2015..so have patience. :)

Hermes888

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on December 09, 2013, 05:49:04 PM
We'll get there.  Then we'll have to start waiting for 2015..so have patience. :)
First we wait for the images to be unveiled.
Then we wait for the figures to be released.
Then we wait for next year's images to be unveiled.

The great cycle.

SpartanSquat

The wait is killing me! I hope this week or the next we will have pics.

alexeratops

Quote from: Hermes888 on December 09, 2013, 06:02:48 PM
Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on December 09, 2013, 05:49:04 PM
First we wait for the images to be unveiled.
Then we wait for the figures to be released.
Then we wait for next year's images to be unveiled.

The great cycle.

The Circle of Life. :))
like a bantha!

amanda

:D Do you remember that one year they did NO dinosaurs????

tanystropheus

Quote from: amanda on December 10, 2013, 04:45:13 AM
:D Do you remember that one year they did NO dinosaurs????

Papo is far more experienced, and developed as a company now. I don't think that they will need to take a dino-hiatus in 2014...

Support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these links are affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.