News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

Schleich - new for 2014

Started by SommoDracorex, November 08, 2013, 10:10:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hermes888

Quote from: RolandEden on November 09, 2013, 01:52:23 AM
Why not mate? If they released Therizinosaurus and Pentaceratops (2 strange for the mortals) why not that 2 I mentioned?
I noted Therizinosaurus will have moveable jaws. Curiosly they didnt released any prehistoric mammals like Mammoths or Smilodons
No offense, but I think you're looking for something that just isn't there. It's Schleich. They just want to make figures that will sell, and right now that's exactly what they're doing.

I'm expecting these to be additions to the other figures, kind of like the Papo Tyrannosaurus "family."

I'd also once again like to point out the similar colors. Has there been any official statement from Schleich on the identity of each figure?

Takama

Quote from: Hermes888 on November 09, 2013, 01:50:10 AM
Quote from: RolandEden on November 09, 2013, 01:44:30 AM
I was thinking, if the dromeosaur its a deinonychus and the tyrannosaur is a Tarbosaurus?
I don't think Schleich is that sophisticated, especially since Velociraptor and Tyrannosaurus are such high-selling names.
Plus, the dromaeosaur shares the same colors as the original Velociraptor figure, and the tyrannosaur shares the same colors as last year's Tyrannosaurus.

Remember, Schleich made a Nodosaurus Dematosuchus Shonisaurus and Saichania in the past.  those are very obscure creatures, also The Pentaceratops.

BTW there is a list of Retired items for 2014 online now, and not one of the items is a Dinosaur. So I take it that Raptor could be a different Dromeosaur like Deinoychus or evean Utahraptor.

Also, They might be doing what Papo did with there T-Rex. Making a Family

Blade-of-the-Moon

The Penta is almost nice..but like TQ said.aside from those terrible feet.

The Therizino..looks like an alien to me, not even going to comment on the other two.

SpartanSquat

Quote from: Hermes888 on November 09, 2013, 01:58:31 AM
Quote from: RolandEden on November 09, 2013, 01:52:23 AM
Why not mate? If they released Therizinosaurus and Pentaceratops (2 strange for the mortals) why not that 2 I mentioned?
I noted Therizinosaurus will have moveable jaws. Curiosly they didnt released any prehistoric mammals like Mammoths or Smilodons
No offense, but I think you're looking for something that just isn't there. It's Schleich. They just want to make figures that will sell, and right now that's exactly what they're doing.

I'm expecting these to be additions to the other figures, kind of like the Papo Tyrannosaurus "family."

I'd also once again like to point out the similar colors. Has there been any official statement from Schleich on the identity of each figure?
You are right men. Sdly I cant believe 10 years ago, they planned for 2004 uniques figures like Desmatosuchus or Edmontonia. Maybe this new rex or raptor are different sexes like Papo. But like you said before, maybe are like Papo in one thing: Running or standard.
Or the family pattern: 2012: Male and 2013: Female. And the new raptor.
Also the figures have names?

Patrx

Yuck, that Theri is somehow even uglier than the art they based it on :/

tanystropheus

Quote from: SommoDracorex on November 08, 2013, 10:10:35 PM
NO COMMENT for these... T___T  :'(  ::)  :))

Not bad at all, although the colors are getting a lot funkier. The Pentaceratops (has a JP toys vibe) is a nice addition, and seems to be sculpted well until you reach the rear legs and tail (also, the digits are probably not reduced accurately). The Therizinosaurus looks pretty badarse (has a JP toys vibe going on, as well) and seems to pack quite a bit of detail. Nice proto-fuzz on the tail, hind legs and back of the Theri. The raptor (while scientifically inaccurate) is an improvement over the "World of History" version.

However, I have a feeling that the retail versions will be inferior to these prototypes.

tanystropheus

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on November 09, 2013, 02:00:00 AM
The Penta is almost nice..but like TQ said.aside from those terrible feet.

The Therizino..looks like an alien to me, not even going to comment on the other two.

I thought the Therizino was supposed to look like an alien in real life... ;) :P

Jetoar

Quote from: RolandEden on November 09, 2013, 12:48:25 AM
I was very surprised by the therizinosaurus and pentaceratops. But the first 2 are resculpts?! What is going to happend with the 2012 versions? In my personal opinion the 2012 t-rex version is better than this one.

I think the same that you friend.  First model are better but I think that, I will said when I have these figures in my hands, but pentaceratos ans therizinosaurus are nice, overall pentaceratops.
[Off Nick and Eddie's reactions to the dinosaurs] Oh yeah "Ooh, aah", that's how it always starts. But then there's running and screaming.

{about the T-Rex) When he sees us with his kid isn't he gonna be like "you"!?

My website: Paleo-Creatures
My website's facebook: Paleo-Creatures

tyrantqueen

Quote from: Zopteryx on November 09, 2013, 01:56:19 AM
I'm gonna go out on a limb and say that I'm actually somewhat impressed by these Schleichs. :o  They're still at the bottom of the pile in terms of accuracy, but I see a hint of promise.

Velociraptor:  Not as good as the last year's, but both are pretty horrible *yuck*.  At least they're trying to add some feathers.
T. rex: Equal to the previous one.
Pentaceratops:  Pretty darn good, the feet are wrong but that's an easy fix.  Could look really snazzy with a repaint.
Therizinosaurus:  Didn't see that one coming!  If they'd followed the art more closely it would be awesome, seems like they had trouble discerning where the feathering should end on the limbs and body.  Color scheme is nice, though I can't give them credit for it.  Main anatomical flaws: incorrect hand position, head is too large, and the inner toe was weight bearing with a large claw.

I'll probably get the last two, never thought I'd be buying Schleich again!!!
I actually agree with most of what you said. It's a shame that Schleich's sculptor is being wasted on these JP wannabes. I bet they could make some top notch dinosaurs if they were given the right direction.

I wonder who sculpts these dinosaur models, anyway?

Roselaar

I kinda like the Penta and something attracts me to the Theri too. I might actually buy these, also to stimulate Schleich to make more relatively unknown species. The Rex and Raptor are obviously not on my want list. I might pick them up when I find them on a flea market someday.

Primeval12

Penticeratops and therizinosaurus are cool, I like the neon color of the raptor and as for the T. Rex, it's basically a re-sculpt but still a little cool. Good job this year Schleich.

Gwangi

I think I like the Pentaceratops, aside from foot anatomy I can't see anything glaringly wrong with it. The Therizinosaurus is kinda cool but certainly looks odd. I'll probably pass on that one. They're both an improvement over last years Stracosaurus and Carnotaurus.

tyrantqueen

I'm going to get the Penta, I like it. Maybe I'll tweak the feet though.

That velociraptor looks like a bootleg from the JP Chaos line, with the acid green paint job that it has :P

Megalosaurus

Quote from: Gwangi on November 09, 2013, 07:07:54 PM
[...]Pentaceratops, [...] Therizinosaurus [...] They're both an improvement over last years St[y]racosaurus and Carnotaurus.

Quote from: primeval12 on November 09, 2013, 05:23:51 PM
Pent[a]ceratops and therizinosaurus are cool [...]. Good job this year Schleich.

I agree, i haven't and i will not buy last year Schleichsaurus. But this year, i want to get their Penta and Theri.
Thumbs up for the Penta.  :D
Sobreviviendo a la extinción!!!

Takama

I guess I should give an opinon on these.        The raptor is pretty. Dispite being what it is

Im just now wondering if that trex could be a juvinile.  If it is. Ill get.  If its not. Ill get it anyway and get rid of my current trex(not a fan of its pose).  The penta(or whatever it really is) is a definet buy for me.  Out of all the new ones. I like the thirzino the most.  Its just so funny looking that I want it

tyrantqueen

I don't understand why they bothered to release another T.rex. It's almost exactly the same as the previous model. I would have liked a marine reptile instead.

I'm guessing they're copying Papo by trying to make a Tyrannosaurus family. These two are probably the mum and dad of the family, and we'll be getting baby rexes in future releases.

Takama

Difference I see is that the  Flat Crest that's on the Old one is not present on this  new one, plus the tail is longer.      Im not a fan of the old ones static pose, and this new one looks more natural to me. Evean though the arms and feet are bigger.

also, it looks like the Thirzino might have moveable Arms in addition to its jaw.  I could be wrong.

Turret

It looks like I'll be getting some schleichs next year.

The raptor (is it a velociraptor or something else?) looks really detailed but too bright in color and cartoonish. However I like that they made the feathers more noticeable.
The Tyrannosaurus is just a retool/re sculpt of the last one and is the weakest of the 4.
The Pentaceratops is one I'll be getting next year. I'll go as far as to say that it is the best ceratopsid they produced since 2012.
Therizinosaurus is something I didn't expect Schleich (along with the pentaceratops) to produce and the results are a bit mixed in my opinion. It is likely I'll get this one as well.

Speaking of the Pentaceratops, while searching for pictures to compare to the schleich I came across this:

Possible source of inspiration for schleich?

Raptoress

Not too keen on that velociraptor. The scales and folds are lovely and well detailed but the sculpt itself doesn't appeal. I mean... Look at the arm feathers. Seems like a weak excuse to try and be accurate. Although it is an improvement to the previous velociraptor.

I like the new T Rex, not my favourite but I do like the details and it generally looks good quality. Only thing that puts me of is the huge feet.

I actually really like the pentaceratops. It's colourful and seems well sculpted and lots of detail. Definitely getting this one.

Now the therizinosaurus, in my opinion looks excellent despite the lack of feathers. Loads of detailed features like skin folds and scales and the colour scheme is lovely. A really beautiful model. I'll definitely get this one.

postsaurischian

I guess I won't see the day when Schleich is getting back on track ::).
Is it me being too old or is it Schleich being too slow or even moving backwards ????

Support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these links are affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.