News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

Geoworld - New for 2014

Started by Takama, December 21, 2013, 10:52:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SBell

I wouldn't expect them to be too rippy-offy. The Jurassic Hunters line seems to have it's own overall style (odd as it may sometimes be).

It is funny that, among the non-dinos, there appears to be 2 missing critters--the numbers skip from 636K to 639K, so two animals are off the list. Don't remember what the other one was.

Takama

Real life picture of the new Mammals

postsaurischian

Thanks Takama for all the info!

So many different species, but unfortunately not a single figure is to my taste :(.
O.k., I bought the Guanlong because it's a Guanlong ;D - as I did with Safari's ::) - but I do not like their overall style.
The only thing I'd like to have is the Australopithecus skeleton on page 77 :).

The Velociraptor skeleton on page 26 is clearly a Kaiyodo Dinoland knock-off, or let's say a bid to do one. Griffon Enterprises released a perfect version in 2012.

Geoworld should not use the term 'Perfect replica' :o. Here's what they write: "Our realistic dinosaur model assembly kits are faithful to the original prehistoric specimens found in leading, world-class natural history museums!"
I mean they're a cuddly Dinosaur toy line, but this ??? ;D?

tyrantqueen

QuoteThanks Takama for all the info!

So many different species, but unfortunately not a single figure is to my taste :(.
O.k., I bought the Guanlong because it's a Guanlong ;D - as I did with Safari's ::) - but I do not like their overall style.
I hate to sound mean...but I honestly cannot understand why an adult collector would waste money on these. They're okay for kids or toddlers. They have released a couple of species that are okay. But for grown-ups- why not save that money for a rainy day or something?

I suppose I'll never understand :-X

postsaurischian

Quote from: tyrantqueen on February 23, 2014, 07:59:55 AM

I hate to sound mean...but I honestly cannot understand why an adult collector would waste money on these. They're okay for kids or toddlers. They have released a couple of species that are okay. But for grown-ups- why not save that money for a rainy day or something?

The Guanlong wasn't too expensive, about 10 Dollars.
I'm a Guanlong nerd and there are only 3 figures on the market - only one of them is a good one. That's why ;).
Yes, I could have had a beer or two at a pub, but I prefered to buy the Guanlong. ....... and when it comes to Dinosaur figure collecting I'm definitely not an adult ;D.
One can call this a waste of money. Compared to how much of my hard-earned money is being wasted by the German government month by month it seems ridiculously low and I do not waste time (which is much more valuable than money - especially at my age ;D) thinking about it.

tyrantqueen

Hmm I see your point :) I don't think the Guanlong is bad (it's one of the better ones) but the line as a whole I do not like.

DinoToyForum

Quote from: postsaurischian on February 23, 2014, 08:17:12 AM

....... and when it comes to Dinosaur figure collecting I'm definitely not an adult ;D.

This!  :)) I have some utterly awful figures that I collected not because of their aesthetic quality, but because they are, nominally at least, representative of a certain marine reptile species or another. For this reason I will acquire the Geoworld marine reptiles even though they are baaaaaaaaaaaaaaad. And bad in a bad way. Not in a badass way   ;)

SBell

Quote from: dinotoyforum on February 23, 2014, 10:41:28 AM
Quote from: postsaurischian on February 23, 2014, 08:17:12 AM

....... and when it comes to Dinosaur figure collecting I'm definitely not an adult ;D.

This!  :)) I have some utterly awful figures that I collected not because of their aesthetic quality, but because they are, nominally at least, representative of a certain marine reptile species or another. For this reason I will acquire the Geoworld marine reptiles even though they are baaaaaaaaaaaaaaad. And bad in a bad way. Not in a badass way   ;)

Just as many of the mammals are really quite terrible, but they represent species that have never been done (in affordable toy form) before. So I'll have them eventually.

But then, I don't find all of the GeoWorld dinos so much terrible as amusing--there is just enough effort that you see what they were doing, but awkward enough that you almost feel sorry for them. I do like their broad range though.

amargasaurus cazaui

I view the figures as caricatures, similar to the Krentz "chubbies" in a way. I think they are awesome figures, as long as you arent seeking an accurate or realistic depiction of the animal in question. Collecting is served best by the motto ...one mans trash is another mans treasure.
Authors with varying competence have suggested dinosaurs disappeared because of meteorites...God's will, raids by little green hunters in flying saucers, lack of standing room in Noah's Ark, and palaeoweltschmerz—Glenn Jepsen

Bokisaurus

Quote from: Takama on February 23, 2014, 02:28:49 AM
Real life picture of the new Mammals

Nice, they don't look too bad :)) Now, they better be released this year ;)

Zhuchengotyrant

I might get the Yangchuanosaurus, Daspletosaurus, and that's it.
-Zhuchengotyrant

docronnie

The advertising is great!  But I've held some of these figures and I don't like them so far.

Thanks for sharing the catalog link, Takama.
Keep The Magic Alive and Kicking! :-)

Chad

Has anyone seen the moschops yet?

Hynerpeton

Walking With Monsers:
[about Lystrosaurus] Astonishingly, their vast herds make up more than half of all life on Earth. Never again will a single species do so well.

Walking With Monsters: (Hynerpeton) To avoid injury the males demonstrate their strength  in a strange  push up contest.

Support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these links are affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.