News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

Bullyland - New for 2014

Started by Everything_Dinosaur, November 25, 2013, 11:12:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Seijun

Huh, the lambeo really isnt that bad. I might actually get it.
My living room smells like old plastic dinosaur toys... Better than air freshener!

Yutyrannus

I'll pass on both of these, I think they're pretty poor quality. That is fine though, there's plenty of cooler figures next year :).

"The world's still the same. There's just less in it."

Balaur

Wow. I was excited about Europasaurus, but both models are poor in quality. Not good Bullyland!

Jetoar

I like it  :o. Europasaurus is very nice  ^-^
[Off Nick and Eddie's reactions to the dinosaurs] Oh yeah "Ooh, aah", that's how it always starts. But then there's running and screaming.

{about the T-Rex) When he sees us with his kid isn't he gonna be like "you"!?

My website: Paleo-Creatures
My website's facebook: Paleo-Creatures

Roselaar

I like them both well enough, but the Europasaur's head is just... off. I hope. :-/

Gwangi

I actually like both of these and plan on getting them.

alexeratops

Quote from: Roselaar on November 29, 2013, 10:58:19 PM
I like them both well enough, but the Europasaur's head is just... off. I hope. :-/

i agree.
like a bantha!

alexeratops

like a bantha!

Takama

am I the only one who relly likes these two figures? makes me want to collect more Bullys

ZoPteryx

Can't believe I'm saying this, but I'm actually a little more impressed by Schleich's offerings next year than Bullyland's. :-\  I applaud them for picking two unusual species, but I feel both just seem a little off.  Between the two, I think I like the Europa best, though the teeth look a little goofy and I think the forelimbs should be longer.  I'll need to see more photos of the Lambeo for I jump to any conclusions, but as it stands now I'm not liking that yellow color and it looks like Bullyland put the hallux/dewclaw on the wrong side of the feet again!  I'm not even sure if hadrosaurs had a hallux!

tyrantqueen

Quote from: Takama on November 30, 2013, 02:36:24 AM
am I the only one who relly likes these two figures? makes me want to collect more Bullys
I'm afraid so :P

SBell

Quote from: Zopteryx on November 30, 2013, 03:50:36 AM
Can't believe I'm saying this, but I'm actually a little more impressed by Schleich's offerings next year than Bullyland's. :-\  I applaud them for picking two unusual species, but I feel both just seem a little off.  Between the two, I think I like the Europa best, though the teeth look a little goofy and I think the forelimbs should be longer.  I'll need to see more photos of the Lambeo for I jump to any conclusions, but as it stands now I'm not liking that yellow color and it looks like Bullyland put the hallux/dewclaw on the wrong side of the feet again!  I'm not even sure if hadrosaurs had a hallux!

Either way--remember when the German companies were the standard? Now they are both, at best, mid-level compared to the other companies.

Bullyland's greatest strength apparently continues to be the willingness to do unusual European figures. Schleich appeals to...people that still like Schleich, I guess.

darth daniel

I think the Europasaurus isn´t so bad. Comparing the (somewhat tiny) pic to pictures of the skull it looks quite accurate, just the area around the eye is very dark making it look bigger. They got the front feet right with just a single claw and the pose is not unrealistic. The skin detail is not 'stunning' but normal, and the paint is a matter of taste. I think they actually haven´t done anything really wrong with this figure. Waiting for bigger pictures though...

The Lambeosaurus for some reason reminds me of my old UKRD dinos... Mabye just the color though.

SBell

Quote from: darth daniel on November 30, 2013, 07:32:47 AM
I think the Europasaurus isn´t so bad. Comparing the (somewhat tiny) pic to pictures of the skull it looks quite accurate, just the area around the eye is very dark making it look bigger. They got the front feet right with just a single claw and the pose is not unrealistic. The skin detail is not 'stunning' but normal, and the paint is a matter of taste. I think they actually haven´t done anything really wrong with this figure. Waiting for bigger pictures though...

The Lambeosaurus for some reason reminds me of my old UKRD dinos... Mabye just the color though.

I just realized--at least the skiin texture looks better here than on their Spinophorosaurus!

Blade-of-the-Moon

Dan from Dansdinosaurs.com shared this image :

Bullyland 2014 Preview
Europasaursu and Lambeosaurus

Gwangi

Quote from: tyrantqueen on November 30, 2013, 05:56:17 AM

Nope. As already stated, I also like them.  :)

tyrantqueen

Quote from: Gwangi on November 30, 2013, 06:34:25 PM
Quote from: tyrantqueen on November 30, 2013, 05:56:17 AM

Nope. As already stated, I also like them.  :)
Bullyland's style is like marmite. Some love it, some hate it >:D

morrijos

I see some potential here.  Nice to see a Lambeosaurus for a change. 

Yutyrannus

We already have a thread for this here:
http://www.dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php/topic,1858.0.html

Can someone please merge this thread with the main one?

"The world's still the same. There's just less in it."

Roselaar

Quote from: Yutyrannus on November 30, 2013, 07:04:30 PM
We already have a thread for this here:
http://www.dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php/topic,1858.0.html

Can someone please merge this thread with the main one?

Or simply put the original thread in the right section of the boards. ;)

Support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these links are affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.