News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

Saurian (Game Project)

Started by Yutyrannus, November 28, 2013, 08:30:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Yutyrannus

This looks like it could be something very cool :). I will post pictures of the creatures in this first post.
Here are the currently revealed creatures:
Ankylosaurus

Triceratops

Tyrannosaurus

And here is the website:
http://www.indiedb.com/games/saurian

"The world's still the same. There's just less in it."

tyrantqueen

Here's a better picture of the Triceratops

Very monitor lizard like :)

Yutyrannus

Yes, I love the colors! Can't wait to see their caenagnathid and Acheroraptor :)!

Yutyrannus

There is a Thescelosaurus now, but I cannot post pics of it at this minute. Hopefully soon. :)

Blade-of-the-Moon

Really cool designs..the Rex and Trike would be fun to paint. :)

alexeratops

I got this. 8)

So... it's only for Windows? If not, will it work on Acer laptop?
like a bantha!

Yutyrannus

Thanks! And I'm not sure about the Windows thing ???.

tyrantqueen

QuoteSo... it's only for Windows? If not, will it work on Acer laptop?
Are you using a Mac, or Linux? I don't think the brand of laptop will make a difference, it's the operating system that matters.

Takama

I hope this is successful enough to arrive on consoles.   The last time I Tried to download a game onto my computer, everything turned into an annoying advertisement that drove me insane

tyrantqueen

Quote from: Takama on January 18, 2014, 09:27:31 PM
I hope this is successful enough to arrive on consoles.   The last time I Tried to download a game onto my computer, everything turned into an annoying advertisement that drove me insane
It's an indie game, so most likely it would need to be extremely commercially successful to be on consoles. So don't get your hopes up. I'm guessing that the game you downloaded was probably free, hence the spyware.

alexeratops

like a bantha!

alexeratops

Will it work on a Chromebook? ???
like a bantha!

tyrantqueen

Quote from: alexeratops on January 31, 2014, 02:37:33 AM
I'm not sure about Linux based systems...you'll have to wait and see if they announce support. But for the moment, it's Windows only, so the answer is no.

Yutyrannus

Quote from: alexeratops on January 31, 2014, 02:20:20 AM

Champosaur concept art. :)
Ooh, can't wait for an animation of that one!

Gorgonzola

Quote from: tyrantqueen on January 31, 2014, 02:40:56 AM
Quote from: alexeratops on January 31, 2014, 02:37:33 AM
I'm not sure about Linux based systems...you'll have to wait and see if they announce support. But for the moment, it's Windows only, so the answer is no.

From what I understand, they're building this up with the Unity game engine, which does allow porting to Linux and Apple systems.  The original plan was to do it up in the CryEngine, but it seems like they changed plans on it when they separated out the development from the Crynosaur team.

It's still some extra hurdles to go through, but if the demand is there they most likely will.  They'll also most likely work and develop up the windows version first, then focus on Linux and Mac ports after the fact so they can devote their time on bug squishing and optimization for those systems.

Gwangi

This looks like a pretty cool game, I've always hoped someone would make a game some day where you just play as a dinosaur and try to survive in an accurate, open world setting.

Yutyrannus

They've just revealed their Acheroraptor:

Pachyrhinosaurus

I didn't realize there was a thread for this game. I don't know much about the gameplay, but the art is stunning! Its also nice to see a popular paleoecosystem depicted in more detail than it usually is.
Artwork Collection Searchlist
Save Dinoland USA!

Patrx

Here are the WIP animations for the Acheroraptor!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LkCYfakI_mU
Now that is how you make a dromaeosaur!

It's all quite exciting. I don't play as many videogames these days, especially not PC games - but this is is a must-buy for me :D

Yutyrannus

Quote from: Patrx on April 10, 2015, 05:13:03 PM
Here are the WIP animations for the Acheroraptor!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LkCYfakI_mU
It's all quite exciting. I don't play as many videogames these days, especially not PC games - but this is is a must-buy for me :D
I don't play any and I still plan on getting this once it is done. I really cannot wait to see the Anzu that will be in the game ;D.

EDIT: Also, I forgot to mention that Acheroraptor we be the first playable dinosaur released to the public.

Support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these links are affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.