News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

Prehistoric life images

Started by Megalania, December 08, 2013, 05:11:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Megalania

hello
here i will upload art , sketches and draws of different paleoartist
First the man that saw trough time
Charles R Knight

Agathaumas

Apatosaur ( Brontosaurus )

Dimetrodon and Edaphosaurus

Hadrosaur ( Trachodon  )

Smilodon

Apatosaurus ( Brontosaurus ) At the time Knight painted this mural, the skull of Apatosaurus was not known and the head was restored based on the skull of the Camarasaurus

Titanotheres. A team of flesh-eating Hyaenodon hope to bring down a Brontotherium. Also shown is the tortoise (turtle) Stylemys

Small four-toed horses of the genus Orohippus, and Uintatherium

Stegosaurus

Tyranosaurus and Triceratops This is unequivocally Knight's most influential work, the classic confrontation between the most famous dinosaurs

Late Cretaceous Dinosaurs ,Corythosaurus, submerged in water, a herd of long-crested Parasaurolophus, heavily armored Palaeoscincus, based on a specimen of Panoplosaurus, ostrichlike Struthiomimus, and flat-headed hadrosaur Edmontosaurus.

Rancho La Brea Tar pits, you can see the large bird Teratornis , Smilodon and an extinct species of horse

Wolly Mammoths and wolly Rhinos

Miocene plains mammals ,  Long neck camel Oxidactylus , the two horned rhino Menoceras , three-toed horse Parahippus , giant Pig Daeodon (then Known Dinohyus) and the mammal with claws Morupus a chalicotherium

Leaping Laelaps , this is one of my favorites , it shows dinosaurs as active animals instead of the slow lizards people think they are

thats all for now . i will update this tread costantly if i can
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change.
Charles Darwin

tyrantqueen

What is the point? People can just find these pictures on google by typing in "Charles Knight prehistoric" or something similar.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Lots of forums have image sharing threads like this..I don't think there is anything wrong with it. Just post your favorite paleo art.

Megalania

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on December 09, 2013, 12:14:06 AM
Lots of forums have image sharing threads like this..I don't think there is anything wrong with it. Just post your favorite paleo art.
thanks for your understanding
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change.
Charles Darwin

Doug Watson

Hi Megalania,
I think its cool that a 16 year old even knows who Knight is let alone thinks his art is worth sharing. When I was growing up pretty much all we had was Knight and Burian and now we have a cornucopia of great paleo artists many of whom were inspired by Knight. I am sure there are probably lots of 16 year olds and younger who may be unaware of him and you posting these images here might encourage them into looking him up and finding out where the art form began.
Doug

Megalania

Quote from: Doug Watson on December 09, 2013, 05:24:35 AM
Hi Megalania,
I think its cool that a 16 year old even knows who Knight is let alone thinks his art is worth sharing. When I was growing up pretty much all we had was Knight and Burian and now we have a cornucopia of great paleo artists many of whom were inspired by Knight. I am sure there are probably lots of 16 year olds and younger who may be unaware of him and you posting these images here might encourage them into looking him up and finding out where the art form began.
Doug
thanks for your opinion it means a lot to me hear that
Charles Darwin

Blade-of-the-Moon

Good post Doug.  I heartily agree.  I had a lot of different dinosaur books but still Mr. Knight's art was there.  I have the new book about him on my Christmas list so maybe someone will pick it up for me. heh  The excerpts in PT were really nice.

Doug Watson

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on December 09, 2013, 05:55:42 PM
Good post Doug.  I heartily agree.  I had a lot of different dinosaur books but still Mr. Knight's art was there.  I have the new book about him on my Christmas list so maybe someone will pick it up for me. heh  The excerpts in PT were really nice.

Thanks Blade,
I am still a big fan of Knight, like Megalania pointed out he was ahead of his time in showing some dinosaurs as active creatures like the leaping Laelaps. My copy of the new book is in the mail as I write. I can also recommend his own book Animal Drawing, Anatomy & Action for Artists by Charles R. Knight and the book that accompanied the traveling exhibit of his work in the 80s, Dinosaurs, Mammoths and Cavemen by Silvia Czerkas & Donald Glut. Both can still be found from secondary sellers on Amazon. I saw the exhibit when it toured here and got to see some of his sculpture in person for the first time. The book has images of some of the 3D models he made for his paintings. I am interested to see how much will be different in the new book. There is a fair amount from what I saw in PT.
I still haven't picked up his autobiography yet.
Doug

Megalania

okey
next images of Paleoartist Jonh Sibbick

a leaellynasaura clan is stalked by a Polar Alosaur in a Mid Cretaceous Antartic Forest

a Gastornis hunting primitive horses

A Ceratosaurus Attack a Huge Brachiosaurus

Pristichampsus an Eocene land Crocodile that hunt Horses

Tyranosaurus  , Two Albertosaurus And A Daspletosaurus

Lystrosaurus

Oviraptors Nest

Pterosaurs i Think they are Anhanguera or Ornithocheirus

Permian Russia , an  Eotitanosuchus stalks a herd of Estemmenosuchus

Tenotosaurus been Attack by a Pack of Deinonychus

Neovenator

Charles Darwin

Everything_Dinosaur

Great pictures, wonderful artwork.

Jetoar

[Off Nick and Eddie's reactions to the dinosaurs] Oh yeah "Ooh, aah", that's how it always starts. But then there's running and screaming.

{about the T-Rex) When he sees us with his kid isn't he gonna be like "you"!?

My website: Paleo-Creatures
My website's facebook: Paleo-Creatures

Megalania

Quote from: Jetoar on December 09, 2013, 08:27:40 PM
I love Jonh Sibbick art  ^-^.
me too
the first paleoart i ever saw was from John Sibbick
Charles Darwin

Crackington

Wow Megalania,

First Charles Knight and then John Sibbick , my favourite artist.

You have impeccable taste, it will be interesting to see which artist you choose next.

Megalania

Quote from: Crackington on December 09, 2013, 09:36:22 PM
Wow Megalania,

First Charles Knight and then John Sibbick , my favourite artist.

You have impeccable taste, it will be interesting to see which artist you choose next.
Thanks
i still looking what artist
any suggestions ?

Charles Darwin

Crackington

Doing requests, that's great  :))

This could be a bit of a challenge, but do you know Neave Parker? He was a great British artist from the 50s-70s and illustrated quite a few of the London Natural History Museum publications. Many of that museum's vintage Invicta models are based on his work.

If he's too hard to find, I always like to see Burian's work, particularly his sea reptiles.

Gwangi

Great pictures, all of them. There are even a couple Jonh Sibbick ones I haven't seen before! As for suggestions, Douglas Henderson is a favorite of mine. Don't know if you have seen his work but if not, look him up.

amargasaurus cazaui

No collection of prehistoric work is complete without some work by Zednek Burian...and a modern day artist of choice for me would be Julius Cstonyi
Authors with varying competence have suggested dinosaurs disappeared because of meteorites...God's will, raids by little green hunters in flying saucers, lack of standing room in Noah's Ark, and palaeoweltschmerz—Glenn Jepsen

Megalania

have read the suggestions i will start with Zednek Burian

Chasmosaurus

Tyrannosaurus

Dimorphodon

American Mastodon

Diplodocus

Pteranodon

Ceratosaurus attack a Couple of Stegosaurus
Remind me a scene from the series When Dinosaurs Roam America

Elasmosaur

Kronosaurus

I think is an Ichthyostega

Ice Age hunt

Barosaurus

Pteranodons

Deinotherium

Matamynodon
Charles Darwin

Blade-of-the-Moon

Megalania

Charles Darwin

Support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these links are affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.