News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

Sideshow-new for 2014

Started by Spinosaurus Aegyptiacus, December 17, 2013, 05:44:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spinosaurus Aegyptiacus

Well, Sideshow has already given us sneak peeks as to what's in store for 2014- a new Tyrannosaurus Rex, a new ceratopsian (Triceratops, most likely), and a beautiful Mosasaurus. Also, a possible other piece (people have suggested it's a Deinonychus. Any comments about these pieces? When they finally release finalized pictures, I'll update this first post.

Edit  - here are photos of the mosasaur  - Admin C:-) :

"I believe implicitly that every young man in the world is fascinated with either sharks or dinosaurs."
-Peter Benchley

utd7

Wow i did not know they were going to do a Mosasaur. It looks incredible
We live in a Jurassic World

Blade-of-the-Moon

No new updates yet. Just the teaser pics from the magazine and the one Sideshow photo.

Spinosaurus Aegyptiacus

I think I am most excited for the Rex. I can't wait!!
"I believe implicitly that every young man in the world is fascinated with either sharks or dinosaurs."
-Peter Benchley

amanda

Dunno. They have done so many Rexes, I just feel blah by them now. It's like, oh look. **Another** Tyrannosaur. :/

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Spinosaurus Aegyptiacus on December 19, 2013, 08:24:25 AM

I'm pretty interested to see it myself.  Yes they've done other Rexes already, one youngster , another an older veteran, but this will a Rex in the prime of life full of the power we come to think of when we think "T-REX "  at least that's what I felt looking at the pics.  The fact it is being made to interlock bases with the Triceratops maquette is also another plus.   The big point of this is that it will also allow new collectors to have a Rex in their collection without paying a 1,000.00 for it.

Spinosaurus Aegyptiacus

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on December 19, 2013, 05:48:40 PM
Quote from: Spinosaurus Aegyptiacus on December 19, 2013, 08:24:25 AM

I'm pretty interested to see it myself.  Yes they've done other Rexes already, one youngster , another an older veteran, but this will a Rex in the prime of life full of the power we come to think of when we think "T-REX "  at least that's what I felt looking at the pics.  The fact it is being made to interlock bases with the Triceratops maquette is also another plus.   The big point of this is that it will also allow new collectors to have a Rex in their collection without paying a 1,000.00 for it.
Wait...the base interlocks with the Trike?! Awesome!
-Peter Benchley

Spinosaurus Aegyptiacus

Does anyone know when Sideshow usually releases their pieces(for purchasing)? And better yet, when they will this year?
-Peter Benchley

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Spinosaurus Aegyptiacus on December 19, 2013, 06:18:02 PM
Does anyone know when Sideshow usually releases their pieces(for purchasing)? And better yet, when they will this year?

used to actually keep a schedule and try to make some method of their madness...but after they went to one piece a year it all blew off course.

We should hear more on the Mosa piece maybe during their Christmas release event.

Spinosaurus Aegyptiacus

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on December 19, 2013, 06:38:03 PM

used to actually keep a schedule and try to make some method of their madness...but after they went to one piece a year it all blew off course.

We should hear more on the Mosa piece maybe during their Christmas release event.
1 piece a year?! But they are going to release 3-4 this year, right? Not just the Mosa...
-Peter Benchley

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Spinosaurus Aegyptiacus on December 19, 2013, 07:05:07 PM

1 piece a year?! But they are going to release 3-4 this year, right? Not just the Mosa...

That's how it's been for a couple years..before it used to be 2 releases a year.   This coming year we've heard 3 pieces so far and a mention of a 4th, maybe a Deinonychus.

Spinosaurus Aegyptiacus

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on December 19, 2013, 07:41:04 PM

That's how it's been for a couple years..before it used to be 2 releases a year.   This coming year we've heard 3 pieces so far and a mention of a 4th, maybe a Deinonychus.
Okay, good. I hope they're available soon... ;D
-Peter Benchley

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Spinosaurus Aegyptiacus on December 19, 2013, 07:47:17 PM
Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on December 19, 2013, 07:41:04 PM

Okay, good. I hope they're available soon... ;D

I'm a little skeptical myself if they can do it really...if so i'll be impressed..and broke.

Spinosaurus Aegyptiacus

-Peter Benchley

tanystropheus

How long do Sideshow maquettes usually stay at the retail price!?? 1 year? I'm interested in the Mosasaurus, but I'm broke for now. I should have bought that Tupuxuara for $99...I thought it would stay that way...but now it is $800  :-\

DyingAtheist

Intending to begin collecting the Sideshow figures from February - got my eye on a couple already and know a couple of sellers, but I'm really excited for the new Rex and the Mosasaur in particular.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: DyingAtheist on January 02, 2014, 01:03:08 AM
Intending to begin collecting the Sideshow figures from February - got my eye on a couple already and know a couple of sellers, but I'm really excited for the new Rex and the Mosasaur in particular.

Cool, I'm sure you'll enjoy collecting this series !

DyingAtheist

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on January 02, 2014, 03:49:31 AM

Hope so, just ordered the Dilo today!

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: DyingAtheist on January 02, 2014, 10:53:43 PM
Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on January 02, 2014, 03:49:31 AM

Hope so, just ordered the Dilo today!

It's a really nice piece if a bit over priced for the size.  I'm sure it's value will go up though so that will equal out.

postsaurischian

Everytime a Sideshow statue arrives, it's like Christmas :).

Can't wait for the Mosasaur!!!!!!!

Support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these links are affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.