News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

Geoworld - New for 2014

Started by Takama, December 21, 2013, 10:52:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bokisaurus

I like Geoworld figures, more than I like any of the new Schelich figures. At least Geoworld have some pretty interesting species in the mix - kinda like CollectA.
Those marine reptiles looks interesting, sort of a hybrid of CollectA and Salvat ;D But it's nice to see some marine reptiles. And finally a bette look at those prehistoric mammals ;D

Bokisaurus

Quote from: dinotoyforum on December 22, 2013, 10:30:43 AM
Still, glad to see some marine reptiles on offer, these are the only new plesiosaurs for 2014 I think..

I believe so, only CollectA is releasing one marine reptile for next year, the mosasaur ;D

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Bokisaurus on December 23, 2013, 01:27:36 AM
Quote from: dinotoyforum on December 22, 2013, 10:30:43 AM
Still, glad to see some marine reptiles on offer, these are the only new plesiosaurs for 2014 I think..

I believe so, only CollectA is releasing one marine reptile for next year, the mosasaur ;D

just one but the quality is much better.. ;)

SBell

Quote from: Bokisaurus on December 23, 2013, 01:26:00 AM
I like Geoworld figures, more than I like any of the new Schelich figures. At least Geoworld have some pretty interesting species in the mix - kinda like CollectA.
Those marine reptiles looks interesting, sort of a hybrid of CollectA and Salvat ;D But it's nice to see some marine reptiles. And finally a bette look at those prehistoric mammals ;D

I'm with you. Given the colours, they almost remind me of Dinosaur King-type figures!

Quote from: Takama on December 22, 2013, 09:37:14 PM
WOW im relly at a lost for words.   on page 40 it has there new mascot say

"Did you know Tyrannosaurus was the largest predator in existence?"

WTF are these guys smoking, there are bigger predators then T.Rex out there like Giganotosaurus.   

These products have to potential to miss educate children into thinking the wrong things about the age of dinosaurs.

I was looking over the catalogue, and I think the problem is that Dr. Piccini is Italian. As such, I would guess most of the "Dr. Steve" quotes were originally in his native tongue of Italian (shocking, I know, not everybody is a primarily English speaker) and the English translations probably lost something along the way. You can tell in some of the other ones that have very awkward phrasings; my guess is that the translations seemed close enough to the catalogue translator and they went with it.

DC

Has anyone seen real pictures of the new Permian figures from GeoWorld?  Looks like they a rereleasing more mammals and some marine reptiles also.
You can never have too many dinosaurs

Blade-of-the-Moon

Some shots of the marine reptiles and mammals have been out I think...nothing on the Permian figures that I recall though.

Takama

Quote from: tyrantqueen on December 22, 2013, 12:41:49 AM
This Allosaurus looks familiar...oh yeah, it looks just like the Jurassic Park one...or possibly the Papo.

Seriously, Geoworld is the bottom of the pile for me. Schleich gets criticised a lot, but at least they don't try to pass their toys off as accurate by claiming they're approved by a paleontologist. And their toys have better details than Geoworld's.

Schleich does claim Scientific Authenticity for there products.   

ZoPteryx

Uh, anyone else notice the package's Liopleurodon photo?!  First they practically bootleg CollectA figures, then they claim to be extremely scientifically accurate, and now their using photos of Safari's products!  Does their evil know no bounds! :o

Oh and 1000th post! Yeah!

sauroid

'grats Zopteryx.

since Geoworld make chinasaur-like figures, they also emulate the chinese companies' way of promotion, advertising and business practice (not to mention their  audacity for plagiarism).
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

tyrantqueen

QuoteSchleich does claim Scientific Authenticity for there products.
Do they have a paleontologist officially backing their models as accurate? Do they have the backing of an official museum, like Carnegie does? No. They just say they're accurate just as a general selling point.

Quotesince Geoworld make chinasaur-like figures, they also emulate the chinese companies' way of promotion, advertising and business practice (not to mention their  audacity for plagiarism).
Not to mention their general ugliness.

sauroid

Quote from: tyrantqueen on January 23, 2014, 12:19:35 PM
Quotesince Geoworld make chinasaur-like figures, they also emulate the chinese companies' way of promotion, advertising and business practice (not to mention their  audacity for plagiarism).
Not to mention their general ugliness.
LOL true
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

SBell

Quote from: Takama on January 23, 2014, 05:39:00 AM
Quote from: tyrantqueen on December 22, 2013, 12:41:49 AM
This Allosaurus looks familiar...oh yeah, it looks just like the Jurassic Park one...or possibly the Papo.

Seriously, Geoworld is the bottom of the pile for me. Schleich gets criticised a lot, but at least they don't try to pass their toys off as accurate by claiming they're approved by a paleontologist. And their toys have better details than Geoworld's.

Schleich does claim Scientific Authenticity for there products.

It's been many years since Schleich worked with any scientists/museums for their figures. Geoworld was started by a paleontologist (but I will leave teh question of the results to others...).

DC

I asked Dr. P about who was proofing the figures.  He said it was done a by a palentologist from a small museum in Italy, no name.  Dr. P himself has an impressive bussiness record for evaluating fossil finds.  I did get the impression the marketing and sales staff were very inexperienced with Dinosaur Toy market niche.  I believe this is the reason for the catalogue and some other errors.  This is a new Toy company, yes they have been doing other stuff for a while, and teething problems with such an enormous inital release is not a surprise.   I am sorry that the sales staff does seem to understand why this is important to fix right away.  Safari Ltd, Bullyland and Collecta  all had what now seems like funny starting up issues.  So that they have problems is natural what I will judge them on is how fast they fix the problems,  that will tell us how much respect they have for their customers.
You can never have too many dinosaurs

Gwangi

They may be new buy they sure seem to be everywhere. There is a local grocery store that has (or had) some and the Hobby Lobby has them too. Shame to see Geoworld and Mojo both get shelf space in the same store but there it is.

Takama

Quote from: Zopteryx on January 23, 2014, 05:58:26 AM
Uh, anyone else notice the package's Liopleurodon photo?!  First they practically bootleg CollectA figures, then they claim to be extremely scientifically accurate, and now their using photos of Safari's products!  Does their evil know no bounds! :o

Oh and 1000th post! Yeah!

I think that Safari Figure is a Placeholder. The cards have to have artwork of some kind of the creature in question and they did not make there own so they stuck a Liopleurodon model on there for now

Takama

Quote from: Gwangi on January 23, 2014, 07:53:54 PM
They may be new buy they sure seem to be everywhere. There is a local grocery store that has (or had) some and the Hobby Lobby has them too. Shame to see Geoworld and Mojo both get shelf space in the same store but there it is.

Gwangi, is there anywhere else besides Hobby Lobby and that Grocery store that you seen Geoworlds?

Gwangi

Quote from: Takama on January 26, 2014, 04:49:03 AM
Quote from: Gwangi on January 23, 2014, 07:53:54 PM

Gwangi, is there anywhere else besides Hobby Lobby and that Grocery store that you seen Geoworlds?

In person no, but they're all over the internet. There are not a lot of shops that carry dinosaur toys around here. I could count them on one hand.

crankydinosaur

I want to know when we are going to see pictures of the Geoworld Postosuchus! Really excited about that!

tyrantqueen

Quote from: crankydinosaur on January 27, 2014, 09:16:19 AM
I want to know when we are going to see pictures of the Geoworld Postosuchus! Really excited about that!
Just keep your expectations extremely low and you won't be too disappointed. They'll probably rip off Safari or someone's else artwork in the process.

Takama

If its anything like the mammals, we wont see the Postosuchus until 2015.

Also, it seems that catalogue link I provided was out of date, here's a more recent one. 

http://www.youblisher.com/p/779640-New-2014-Geoworld/

There adding a Deinosuchus to the New line, but for some reason they removed the Edaphosaurus :o

Support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these links are affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.