News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

Palaeoplushies

Started by DinoToyForum, January 02, 2014, 01:59:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DinoToyForum

Palaeoplushies by Rebecca Groom is a line of anatomically correct plush figures coming soon!

They have a website:

http://www.etsy.com/shop/palaeoplushies

And also a Facebook page:

https://www.facebook.com/Palaeoplushies

Blade-of-the-Moon

Cool.  The quality looks good and the pricing isn't bad either. :)

tyrantqueen

I'm not interested in plush toys personally, but they look very cute and it's commendable that they're trying to make them anatomically accurate :)

Spinosaurus Aegyptiacus

Quote from: tyrantqueen on January 02, 2014, 06:26:47 PM
I'm not interested in plush toys personally, but they look very cute and it's commendable that they're trying to make them anatomically accurate :)
Ditto. Perhaps a good gift for a young nephew dinosaur enthusiast.
"I believe implicitly that every young man in the world is fascinated with either sharks or dinosaurs."
-Peter Benchley

Roselaar

Quote from: tyrantqueen on January 02, 2014, 06:26:47 PM

My thoughts exactly. Though I would probably end up buying these if I encountered them in real life because they do look very cute but accurate too.

mmfrankford

Cute, I do have some plush dinos and reptiles, I could see adding one of these. I do love the patterns.

Hermes888

I actually like collecting plush toys (more specifically, puppets from Folkmanis), but I don't know if I'll be getting these.
This is the main reason why:
Quote... it is not intended for children and is designed to be an art piece for adults.
I love displaying my dinosaur figures, but I still like to move them around and interact with them. I always like to use the puppets I have from Folkmanis.
If the feathered Velociraptor looks nice I might get it, but I'm not sure. Not really much of a "hand-made" product person to be honest.  :-\

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Hermes888 on January 03, 2014, 05:20:00 AM
I actually like collecting plush toys (more specifically, puppets from Folkmanis), but I don't know if I'll be getting these.
Quote... it is not intended for children and is designed to be an art piece for adults.
I love displaying my dinosaur figures, but I still like to move them around and interact with them. I always like to use the puppets I have from Folkmanis.
If the feathered Velociraptor looks nice I might get it, but I'm not sure. Not really much of a "hand-made" product person to be honest.  :-\

Everything is hand made by someone.. lol 

If your concerned about durability, I'd shoot them a message and ask..see just what they mean.  It might be referring to the habit really young kids have of sticking things in their mouth. That would require some safety regulations. 

Brachiosaurus

I want a Brachiosaurus and Miragaia one if that person makes them

Palaeoplushies

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on January 03, 2014, 07:19:05 AM

If your concerned about durability, I'd shoot them a message and ask..see just what they mean.  It might be referring to the habit really young kids have of sticking things in their mouth. That would require some safety regulations.
I thought I'd stop by and clear up any questions! I'm really flattered dinosaur toys has picked up on my little shop, thank to so much for featuring me here!
You're spot on about regulations, as I'm making these by hand to sell them as a children's to I would need to certify them for CE regulations to sell them for use by children under the age of 14.
One thing I really care about as a plush artist is the durability and pose-ability of my plushies, they're all constructed out of quality custom printed material and I use a sewing machine for strength. The ichthyosaur has foam in his flippers, whilst the Azhdarchid has wire in the wings for posing. The rest is stuffed with typical soft toy stuffing. I should really clarify a little better on my page!

Paleogene Pals

Cool! Something for the niece and nephew

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Palaeoplushies on January 08, 2014, 02:49:16 AM

I thought I'd stop by and clear up any questions! I'm really flattered dinosaur toys has picked up on my little shop, thank to so much for featuring me here!
You're spot on about regulations, as I'm making these by hand to sell them as a children's to I would need to certify them for CE regulations to sell them for use by children under the age of 14.
One thing I really care about as a plush artist is the durability and pose-ability of my plushies, they're all constructed out of quality custom printed material and I use a sewing machine for strength. The ichthyosaur has foam in his flippers, whilst the Azhdarchid has wire in the wings for posing. The rest is stuffed with typical soft toy stuffing. I should really clarify a little better on my page!

Ah ha. We've a bit of experience here with regulations in regards to toys. Thanks for joining up and explaining a bit about your pieces for us , I'm sure it's much appreciated by others here as well !

DinoToyForum

Quote from: Palaeoplushies on January 08, 2014, 02:49:16 AM

Thanks for joining up and for the extra information about the plushies :)

alexeratops

Rebecca, please make some more species!! These are so cool! I just wish they were out in time for christmas! :))
like a bantha!

Palaeoplushies

Thank you for the interest everyone! Also, sorry for my slightly incoherent post last time- I was tired and rather excited about being featured here.

I've got some news!
Also, Quetzalcoatlus is now in stock: https://www.etsy.com/uk/listing/175523663/quetzalcoatlus-azhdarchid-pterosaur?

As a few may have noticed, there's a velociraptor in the works.

Roselaar

Wow, that Raptor is a real beauty! Great detail! :)

Hermes888

I like the Velociraptor, but is there any chance you can make it fluffy?

Palaeoplushies

Quote from: Hermes888 on January 13, 2014, 09:41:17 PM

I'm afraid I can't make it fluffy using the techniques I currently use for these. I can't have fluffy printed fabric, sadly. My aim is to have a number of these smaller, detailed, but still affordable plushies in stock, and occasionally to produce larger but more expensive soft sculptures with an internal plastic armature, sculpted and resin cast legs and head with faux fur bodies. Something like this: http://pixelmecha.deviantart.com/art/Pendleton-the-Dragon-295451116 (Here's one I made earlier!) But of a dinosaur (probably a maniraptor to start with) rather than a dragon, or make fully soft ones like this: http://pixelmecha.deviantart.com/art/Velociraptor-Plushie-181083046 but better... my skills and knowledge have improved since this one!

Raptoress

Quote from: Palaeoplushies on January 13, 2014, 10:12:08 PM
Quote from: Hermes888 on January 13, 2014, 09:41:17 PM

I'm afraid I can't make it fluffy using the techniques I currently use for these. I can't have fluffy printed fabric, sadly. My aim is to have a number of these smaller, detailed, but still affordable plushies in stock, and occasionally to produce larger but more expensive soft sculptures with an internal plastic armature, sculpted and resin cast legs and head with faux fur bodies. Something like this: http://pixelmecha.deviantart.com/art/Pendleton-the-Dragon-295451116 (Here's one I made earlier!) But of a dinosaur (probably a maniraptor to start with) rather than a dragon, or make fully soft ones like this: http://pixelmecha.deviantart.com/art/Velociraptor-Plushie-181083046 but better... my skills and knowledge have improved since this one!

I absolutely love that dragon. I'd definitely buy something like that for the right price. I think your PaleoPlushies are great and very unique. I can't wait to see what other dinosaurs you can create in plush form! :)

Support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these links are affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.