News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

Best Figure of 2014 - poll

Started by Concavenator, January 19, 2014, 09:04:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

What are, in your opinion, the best figures of 2014 (choose up to 5)?

CollectA Deluxe 1:40 Scale Carcharodontosaurus
25 (34.7%)
CollectA Dead Stegosaurus
4 (5.6%)
CollectA Ichthyovenator
4 (5.6%)
CollectA Quetzalcoatlus with Baby Alamosaurus Prey
2 (2.8%)
CollectA Xenoceratops
3 (4.2%)
CollectA Deluxe 1:40 Scale Therizinosaurus
11 (15.3%)
CollectA Bistahieversor
2 (2.8%)
CollectA Saurophaganax
0 (0%)
CollectA Mosasaurus
13 (18.1%)
CollectA Gastonia
4 (5.6%)
CollectA Juvenile Tyrannosaurus
5 (6.9%)
CollectA Deluxe 1:20 Scale Arsinoitherium
2 (2.8%)
Carnegie Collection 25th Anniversary Tyrannosaurus rex
6 (8.3%)
Wild Safari Suchomimus
7 (9.7%)
Wild Safari Monolophosaurus
5 (6.9%)
Wild Safari Pachyrhinosaurus
19 (26.4%)
Wild Safari Carcharodon megalodon
1 (1.4%)
Wild Safari Ammonite
0 (0%)
Schleich Pentaceratops
5 (6.9%)
Schleich Therizinosaurus
1 (1.4%)
Schleich Walking Tyrannosaurus
1 (1.4%)
Schleich Velociraptor
0 (0%)
Bullyland Lambeosaurus
11 (15.3%)
Bullyland Europasaurus
2 (2.8%)
Papo Archaeopteryx
15 (20.8%)
Papo Dilophosaurus
12 (16.7%)
Papo Baby Triceratops
4 (5.6%)
Mojo Thylacine
5 (6.9%)
Battat Terra Pachyrhinosaurus
15 (20.8%)
Battat Terra Dacentrurus
12 (16.7%)
Battat Terra Nanshiungosaurus
12 (16.7%)
Battat Terra Cryolophosaurus
17 (23.6%)
Bullyland Protochirotherium
2 (2.8%)
Favourite Woolly Mammoth
1 (1.4%)
Favourite Smilodon
0 (0%)
Favorite Dunkleosteus
1 (1.4%)
Favorite Anomalocaris
5 (6.9%)
Favorite Tamba sauropod
5 (6.9%)
Favorite Concavenator & Pelecanimimus
4 (5.6%)
Kaiyodo CapsuleQ Museum: Marine Reptiles Set
7 (9.7%)
Rebor Yutyrannus huali
5 (6.9%)
Rebor Tyrannosaurus rex
5 (6.9%)

Total Members Voted: 72

tyrantqueen

Quote from: dinotoyforum on December 29, 2014, 11:34:18 PM
Quote from: ARUL on December 29, 2014, 11:29:37 PM
Do papo sculptor have an account in this forum sir ?  :)

Not that I'm aware of. I'd love to know who sculpts their dinosaurs!
It's a Korean guy who goes by the online handle of "Woon".

Doug Watson

Quote from: dinotoyforum on December 29, 2014, 09:56:39 PM
And the winners are:
Congratulations to CollectA for taking the top spot, Doug Watson for a close second with his Wild Safari Pachyrhinosaurus, and Dan LoRusso of Battat for third place with his Cryolophosaurus (plus, each and every one of Dan's figures is in the top 10)!

You almost like me, you really almost like me! (That's a Sally Fields Oscars reference for you younglings) Seriously I am honoured to be in the mix. Congrats or is that drats to the winner.

Doug Watson

Quote from: dinotoyforum on December 29, 2014, 11:33:33 PM
Quote from: Concavenator on December 29, 2014, 10:20:31 PM
According to PT the best figure of 2014 is the WS Monolophosaurus.
It is a good figure. Weird that it was votes the best though as that figure isn't in our top 10. Who votes for the PT best figure of the year?

The voting is open to readers of PT. I could vote but I abstain. Mike says they average 10,000 in circulation but like the DTF they don't all vote.

Concavenator

Quote from: Doug Watson on December 30, 2014, 06:18:31 PM
Quote from: dinotoyforum on December 29, 2014, 09:56:39 PM
And the winners are:
Congratulations to CollectA for taking the top spot, Doug Watson for a close second with his Wild Safari Pachyrhinosaurus, and Dan LoRusso of Battat for third place with his Cryolophosaurus (plus, each and every one of Dan's figures is in the top 10)!

You almost like me, you really almost like me! (That's a Sally Fields Oscars reference for you younglings) Seriously I am honoured to be in the mix. Congrats or is that drats to the winner.
Well your Pachyrhinosaurus was really nice.At least,you should be happy that your Monolophosaurus is the winner of 2014.Besides,it's the second year in a row that one of your figures win.Congrats.

DinoToyForum

Quote from: Doug Watson on December 30, 2014, 06:23:09 PM
Quote from: dinotoyforum on December 29, 2014, 11:33:33 PM
Quote from: Concavenator on December 29, 2014, 10:20:31 PM
According to PT the best figure of 2014 is the WS Monolophosaurus.
It is a good figure. Weird that it was votes the best though as that figure isn't in our top 10. Who votes for the PT best figure of the year?

The voting is open to readers of PT. I could vote but I abstain. Mike says they average 10,000 in circulation but like the DTF they don't all vote.

I would think there would be an overlap of readership between PT and DTF and therefore votes.
Was there a shortlist or could readers vote for any figure they liked?

Doug Watson

Quote from: dinotoyforum on December 31, 2014, 01:20:54 PM
I would think there would be an overlap of readership between PT and DTF and therefore votes.

Voters are free to vote for any toy released in that year plus there are categories for Best Prehistoric Animal Book, Best Prehistoric Animal Model Kit and Best Prehistoric Animal Scientific Discovery. Also from the people who respond Mike picks a few names out of a hat to win a years subscription.

Dr. Admin is there an option here in the DTF that sends you a notification when someone responds to your post. I sometimes don't visit for a while and there is a chance I might miss a question posed to me if I don't read all the responses that have been posted since my last post. If not and I don't reply it's not that I am being rude it may be that I just haven't seen it.

DinoToyForum

Quote from: Doug Watson on December 31, 2014, 02:32:05 PM
Quote from: dinotoyforum on December 31, 2014, 01:20:54 PM

Voters are free to vote for any toy released in that year plus there are categories for Best Prehistoric Animal Book, Best Prehistoric Animal Model Kit and Best Prehistoric Animal Scientific Discovery. Also from the people who respond Mike picks a few names out of a hat to win a years subscription.

Dr. Admin is there an option here in the DTF that sends you a notification when someone responds to your post. I sometimes don't visit for a while and there is a chance I might miss a question posed to me if I don't read all the responses that have been posted since my last post. If not and I don't reply it's not that I am being rude it may be that I just haven't seen it.

Thanks Doug!

Yes, the 'notify' button at the top/bottom of each thread allows you to receive email notification of replies to said thread. :)

Doug Watson

Quote from: dinotoyforum on December 31, 2014, 02:36:57 PM
Yes, the 'notify' button at the top/bottom of each thread allows you to receive email notification of replies to said thread. :)

Thank you Dr. Admin