News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

Everyone's Flea Market Prehistoric Adventures

Started by Megalosaurus, January 20, 2014, 06:02:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Megalosaurus

Hello.
I start this threat for everyone to relate their findings in flea markets. You may showcase your "Battat for a dollar" like experiences, or how you find interesting chinasaurs or discontinued models.
So, fell free to post yours, and add photos if possible.

Quote from: WikipediaA flea market (or swap meet) is a type of bazaar that rents space to people who want to sell or barter merchandise. Used goods, low quality items, and high quality items at low prices are commonplace.

---

Some of you may know that a few members of the forum (including me) are from latinamerican countrys. The sad reallity is that here there aren't stores that sells Carnegie's, Papo's, Schleich's, CollectA's, nor Favorite's.
Most of my collection is imported from UK (Thanks E.D.). But some comes also from my local flea market, it is because some people goes to the U.S.A. and brings back used items (including toys), so that sometimes i was able to find Schleich, Toyway, Safari, etc. toys in the flea market.

These are my last prehistoric toys from the flea market:

Now detailed pics:

Unidentified Sauropod
It's pose is pretty interest. Is it sitting? No, I believe SHE is lying eggs!

Edmontonia? & Velociraptor
This pair goes to my nephews.

Triceratops & Diplodocus?
These pair are made of white plastic and painted by a small child (I guess). I'll try to remove all the paint.
Could anyone identify them?

Chinasaur Theropods and Ceratopsian
Bought for customizing / painting experiments.

Hammer shark, Saw fish, Tigger shark, Zebra shark
Thanks for identification.

Mini chinasaurs
Not sure about the sauropod, it looks better quality than the others.

Soft material creatures
They are well detailed. Do you recognize them?

Pterosaurs?
I may use them in a board game.

Mutant Smilodon (Slash Fang)
Thanks for identification.
I think it is going to look good with the TMNT (I have the some of the vintage figures).

Bonus / Non Prehistoric
A dragon, a cow calf, and Micromachines for my nephew.

Sobreviviendo a la extinción!!!

tyrantqueen

What is a flea market, exactly? We don't have them here, so what would be the nearest equivalent?

Megalosaurus

Quote from: tyrantqueen on January 20, 2014, 06:03:43 PM
What is a flea market, exactly? We don't have them here, so what would be the nearest equivalent?
May be a bazaar? A place where people can sell all kind of things. In my case it comes to the city each sunday.
Here they are called: Tianguis / Mercado sobre ruedas / Mercado de pulgas.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flea_market

Quote from: WikipediaA flea market (or swap meet) is a type of bazaar that rents space to people who want to sell or barter merchandise. Used goods, low quality items, and high quality items at low prices are commonplace.

postsaurischian

Flea markets are fun :)!

Quote from: Megalosaurus on January 20, 2014, 06:02:53 PM
Could anyone identify the prehistoric shark?

It looks like a Zebra Shark, not prehistoric.

CityRaptor

The "Mini Chinasaur" Sauropod looks like the Safari Toob Diplodocus. It is used in several toobs.

The "Mutant Smilodon" is Slashfang from the Primal Rage Toyline by Playmates, based on the game of the same name. He is however not in the Game, but was supposed to appear in the sequel. Which never was made.
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

tyrantqueen

Quote from: CityRaptor on January 20, 2014, 07:58:59 PM
The "Mini Chinasaur" Sauropod looks like the Safari Toob Diplodocus. It is used in several toobs.

The "Mutant Smilodon" is Slashfang from the Primal Rage Toyline by Playmates, based on the game of the same name. He is however not in the Game, but was supposed to appear in the sequel. Which never was made.
Was there ever a toy made of Necrosan?

I was always disappointed that the Primal Rage franchise only lasted one game, and never took off much beyond that.

CityRaptor

Yes, there was: http://www.figurerealm.com/actionfigure.php?universeid=&FID=28833&figure=necrosan

Sadly, I own none of the PR Figures so far, but I remember seeing Blizzard in a store on vacation in Spain during the late 90s.
Oh no

Roselaar

Neat idea for a thread, I'll have t chip in one of these days. :)

Takama

Quote from: CityRaptor on January 20, 2014, 08:08:42 PM
Yes, there was: http://www.figurerealm.com/actionfigure.php?universeid=&FID=28833&figure=necrosan

Sadly, I own none of the PR Figures so far, but I remember seeing Blizzard in a store on vacation in Spain during the late 90s.

That looks like something out of Hell

CityRaptor

Well, he was meant to be so evil that all the other Gods team up against him. And while the others want to rule Urth, he wants to destroy it.
Oh no

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: CityRaptor on January 21, 2014, 06:41:31 AM
Well, he was meant to be so evil that all the other Gods team up against him. And while the others want to rule Urth, he wants to destroy it.

I had all the figures at one point..just a few of them now..but I did get Necrosan. He's pretty cool..like a dragon stripped of flesh..I suppose he's meant to be death.  The novel they did details the battle with him. It's pretty cool when he eats followers of the other gods,  they drop out of his guts becoming zombies ! lol

Roselaar

Here's a few (old) pics of the kinda dino stuff I scored on past flea markets. They have often treated me well.

Megalosaurus

Quote from: Roselaar on January 21, 2014, 08:52:55 PM
Here's a few (old) pics of the kinda dino stuff I scored on past flea markets. They have often treated me well.
[...]

Wow. JP, Invicta, Chap Mei, Schleich, Bullyland, etc. Very nice catches.

Jetoar

Somethings that I have bought in flea markets ^-^.
[Off Nick and Eddie's reactions to the dinosaurs] Oh yeah "Ooh, aah", that's how it always starts. But then there's running and screaming.

{about the T-Rex) When he sees us with his kid isn't he gonna be like "you"!?

My website: Paleo-Creatures
My website's facebook: Paleo-Creatures

Megalosaurus

Quote from: Jetoar on January 22, 2014, 12:07:00 AM

Nice catches.
I don't remember seeing that yellow triceratops before. What set does it belong?

Roselaar

Quote from: Megalosaurus on January 22, 2014, 05:00:29 PM

I don't remember seeing that yellow triceratops before. What set does it belong?

It's a Playmobil figure.

Jetoar

Quote from: Roselaar on January 22, 2014, 05:08:48 PM
Quote from: Megalosaurus on January 22, 2014, 05:00:29 PM

It's a Playmobil figure.

It is the old Playmobil Triceratops  ^-^.
[Off Nick and Eddie's reactions to the dinosaurs] Oh yeah "Ooh, aah", that's how it always starts. But then there's running and screaming.

{about the T-Rex) When he sees us with his kid isn't he gonna be like "you"!?

My website: Paleo-Creatures
My website's facebook: Paleo-Creatures

Megalosaurus

Hello again.
Here are my recent flea market catches.

A velocyraptor. This figure is interesting, it has a good detailing, is solid, it doesn't look like a chinasaur. Can someone identify it?

Carnegie Saltasaurus. I haven't bought this figure until now because I own (and prefer) the Scheich one. But I have both now.

Carnegie triceratops. Another new figure for my collection. I don´t like the paintwork on this one and the fact that the skull seems too compresed lateraly. 

Schleich old little Triceratops. Lets face it, Its SO ugly, but it was cheap, so I get it.

Schleich old little Spinosaurus. Yes, its ugly, cuadrupedal, head is wrong, etc, etc. Also a cheap purchase.

JP little Tyrannosaurus. Its cool. I dont like the "sandals".

Adorable pterosaur. I forgot its name. It will be a gift for my sister's upcoming baby.

Caveturtle Leonardo and a stegosaurus skeleton. Kowabunga! 

BONUS (Non prehistoric)

Schleich "Donkey" i believe, and a Plastic rock base It looks good. The base can be useful to wargamming and to display a dinosaur.

Jake and Wargaming minis Jake is for my sister. The minis are made by Hasbro, but I don't know what series are they part of.

MIX Tarzan playset, birds, frog, barrel, etc. Have a look.

All this was a big total of about 15 dollars.

Hope to see your flea market catches.

Libraraptor

A charming thread! I love flea markets and garage sales and I love the idea of giving old things a new home, a refugee. I don´t buy for the sake of buying, however, but carefully choose what I do or don´t need. But one thing is for sure: In most cases I see a dinosaur figure, I will buy it at low prices. I already bought many figures at flea markets, but I can´t tell anymore which ones exactly. But the next time I find a dinosaur at a flea market, it´ll show up both here and in the Recent Acquisitions threat!

Megalosaurus

Hi again.
These are my catches, some news, some that I haven't uploaded yet, all at bargain prices.

Smilodon by Excite
This one looks a weasel.

I don't know from Playskool
What is it? A koreaceratops?

Unidentified chinasaur
Its not museum quality, but over the estándar chinasaur.

Velocyraptor by ???
A pretty one NEON-Retro-Raptor. Is good quality. Do you know if it has any companions?

Tyranosaurus
Its a solid and heavy one.

Schleich dilophosaurus & raptor
Yes, they are for the kids.

Megatherium by Wild Republic
Not my tastes, but I couldn't resist for $0.70.

Uintatherium
I dont know if this one is Jasman or another.

Protoceratops chinasaur
No so bad.

T-Rex
Don't remember is this JP or another.

Chasmosaurus chinasaur
Not good.

Brachiosaurus baby
A charming one.

Baryonyx by Wild Republic

Cyclops raptor by JP
The second one in my collection.

Small V-Rex
At least I believe it. Its disasembles itself, but its joined by a cord.

Mastodon Imperial
A cool adittion since I love prehistoric mammals.

Cynognatus
I don't know anything about it.

Unidentified mammal
May you identify the species?

Ornithocheirus
I was so excited when I see this silohuette:

But then the pain, prepare to scream:

Any ideas on how to repair it?

Bonus (Non prehistoric)

Schleich elephants
I picked these up thinking on convert them to prehistoric pachiderms.

He-Man
A gift for a friend. I'll clean it, I promise.

Tortoise

Support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these links are affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.