News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

General diorama contest discussion

Started by DinoToyForum, March 05, 2014, 05:29:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DinoToyForum

Good news! We have a sponsor for the 2014 contest! Details to be revealed soon...

Libraraptor

Sounds good!
Despite my rather lousy results in the past, I am going to contribute again, just for fun!

Spinosaurus Aegyptiacus

Looking forward to the news! The diorama contest is always awesome.
"I believe implicitly that every young man in the world is fascinated with either sharks or dinosaurs."
-Peter Benchley

amargasaurus cazaui

Quote from: Libraraptor on March 05, 2014, 08:56:16 PM
Sounds good!
Despite my rather lousy results in the past, I am going to contribute again, just for fun!
Likewise Libraraptor....having never scored that well I feel it is encumbent for me to preserve my perfect non-placing record.
Authors with varying competence have suggested dinosaurs disappeared because of meteorites...God's will, raids by little green hunters in flying saucers, lack of standing room in Noah's Ark, and palaeoweltschmerz—Glenn Jepsen

DC

I enjoy checking out the contestants.  I would like to see a category specific to toy figures seperate from the resin models.
You can never have too many dinosaurs

tyrantqueen

Quote from: DC on March 06, 2014, 08:46:56 PM
I enjoy checking out the contestants.  I would like to see a category specific to toy figures seperate from the resin models.
I think we should just keep it the way it is now. Adding specific categories would just complicate things. For example, sometimes contestants might choose to implement both a toy and a resin model into their diorama. Such as this image, by Amargasaurus cazaui:

How would such an image be classified?

Gwangi

Quote from: amargasaurus cazaui on March 06, 2014, 03:06:20 AM
Quote from: Libraraptor on March 05, 2014, 08:56:16 PM
Sounds good!
Likewise Libraraptor....having never scored that well I feel it is encumbent for me to preserve my perfect non-placing record.

You and be both! I need to start brainstorming, last year the submission deadline came around faster than I realized!

DinoToyForum

Quote from: tyrantqueen on March 06, 2014, 09:40:00 PM
Quote from: DC on March 06, 2014, 08:46:56 PM
I think we should just keep it the way it is now. Adding specific categories would just complicate things. For example, sometimes contestants might choose to implement both a toy and a resin model into their diorama. Such as this image, by Amargasaurus cazaui:

How would such an image be classified?

If there were such categories, this diorama would be eligible for both. The contestant could decide. However, I won't be creating categories, mainly because the contest is already quite a lot of work, so the simpler the better ;)

SpittersForEver

I just registered for this reason.

DinoToyForum

Quote from: SpittersForEver on March 21, 2014, 05:23:28 PM
I just registered for this reason.

Welcome to the forum! No clues though, please, the dioramas must all remain anonymous.  :)

SpittersForEver

DinoToyForum

SpittersForEver

SpittersForEver

I live in Britain and I think this is an American Website so can I still partcipate?         
Also Since I just joined do I have less chance of winning?
Also When is the deadline because it may take a couple of days to send?

tyrantqueen

Quote from: SpittersForEver on March 22, 2014, 08:45:33 AM
I live in Britain and I think this is an American Website so can I still partcipate?         
Also Since I just joined do I have less chance of winning?
Also When is the deadline because it may take a couple of days to send?
1. The founder of the forum is British, but the site is of no particular nationality. Anyone can enter.

2. No, why would that make a difference?

3. Not sure...possibly sometime in the summer.

SpittersForEver

SpittersForEver

I was wondering how many people do this?             ???

amargasaurus cazaui

The owner of the site himself lives in the UK, so anyone is welcome and everyone has a fair chance to win, regardless if you just joined or were the first member. What it comes down is the quality of your work and how well liked your offering is..and since the contest is anonymous it does not matter who you are or when you joined, its all about what you put out there. As for time frame, the contest has not evfen technicallyt begun yet. Our Dr. Admin will let us know when, the prizes, and specific rules for the conest at the proper time. SO  my suggestion is get busy and start making it happen so you can particpate. As for how many particpate, each year this seems to grow with more than 30 entries last year if memory serves.  Another thing I always notice is another dozen saying ...oh I missed it, or I would have particpated. So one can only guess how many will enter......but I  am....well...I hope.....maybe.....er, if I can find anything that will make a decent picture this time
Authors with varying competence have suggested dinosaurs disappeared because of meteorites...God's will, raids by little green hunters in flying saucers, lack of standing room in Noah's Ark, and palaeoweltschmerz—Glenn Jepsen

SpittersForEver

I am really looking ford to this amazing event.Thanks for helping me with what I didnt understand.

Zhuchengotyrant

I'm so excited. I just jotted down my ideas. How to chose...... ;)
-Zhuchengotyrant

Support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these links are affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.